Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tri-shooes for wide feet
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Can you recommend a tri-shoe brand/model that would fit my flat and wide feet? I've tried specialized, sidi and giro so far. The length is good but the width is just too narrow. Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [bakz14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How wide are your feet? 2E? 4E?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at Bont shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have truly wide feet D2 makes custom shoes, but they can get expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also check out Lake shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rocket7 shoes. Custom or semi custom a bit pricey (because they're custom made in the USA) but they'll ft your feet.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet and find shimano shoes a great fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EEEE here... Lakes are about all you will find out there. Wider than Sidi megas and much wider than Shimano "wides" (which are barely any wider than a D)
Last edited by: RZ: Aug 10, 14 2:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northwave

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [captain kev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I 2nd the shimano recommendation. I have 2Es and they fit great.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also had good luck with Shimano. I find their normal D width is wider than some others, and of course, if you hunt around, you can find their 'E' width models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... I have tried them all. I wear a 2E in New Balance=wide feet. Not quite as wide as 4E in others, but wide. The lower end northwave road shoes have been good to me, but their tri shoes (both extreme and tribute) are too narrow for me. I was recently overseas in France, and I discovered spiuk. Google it. Their lower end shoe fit me perfectly. Their design on their high end tri shoe sucks, so I am going to wait a year and see if they improve it, and if not, get their lower end shoe.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another recommendation for Shimano. I just upgraded to the TR-60's and have no complaints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear Shimano's. The fit is awesome

Be warned though. The strap connects inwards and will hit the crank arm. it's bloody annoying even after cutting the strap to size etc
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
I 2nd the shimano recommendation. I have 2Es and they fit great.

Vermej1, what model are you using? I'm 8.5 E and tried TR-60 but it's too narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies!

I'm an 8.5 E and usually wear 9-9.5 depending on the brand.

Going custom is really tempting! But I'd like to look at non-custom brands first before taking the plunge.

Can anyone suggest a specific model for Bont and Shimano? I've tried Bont Riot TR and Shimano TR-60 but both were too narrow for my duck feet.
Last edited by: bakz14: Aug 10, 14 21:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northwave, the trivent is pretty roomy up front. My feet never got on with shimano shoes, but NWs are fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have eeee feet and the lower line leather shimano tri shoes stretch well

Quote | Reply
I have a wide forefoot and even though they are a bit on the pricey side the Garneau Tri-300 are probably my most comfortable shoes. I tried a TON on before the folks at the store were like, hey these are steep, but will probably fit better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bakz14 - TR32's - size 46 I think... the shoes are probably a 1/2 size too long - but my feet are so wide they don't really move nor does the width of the shoe bother me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After trying 3 different pairs of wide shoes, I ended up going custom with D2s. Sad thing is I wasted more than half the cost of customs on trying shoes that didn't work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont do narrow, normal and wide fittings. I have have a fairly wide forefoot, and find the normal fitment Bonts okay. I'm probably close to needing a wide, but certainly haven't found any discomfort. They seem to have a lot of arch support, but once they're tightened up they feel great on the bike. I'd certainly look at a wide model if you found the normal fit too narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an update.

I've tried tri-shoes from shimano, giro, specialized, bont riot and scott but all were too narrow.

I tried Bont a-two and it fitted like a glove! Moldable soles gave me that custom feel.

Thanks a lot for all your replies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a 4E and the ONLY shoes that fit me are the Sidi Mega and the Lake Cycling Wide models.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Bont do narrow, normal and wide fittings. I have have a fairly wide forefoot, and find the normal fitment Bonts okay. I'm probably close to needing a wide, but certainly haven't found any discomfort. They seem to have a lot of arch support, but once they're tightened up they feel great on the bike. I'd certainly look at a wide model if you found the normal fit too narrow.

After contacting their customer support, I've discovered that they also do a "Double Wide" option.
Quote Reply

Prev Next