Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek SC Vapor paint??
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know or have experience with this paint scheme on project one builds?
I have a hard time justifying anything based on looks alone, and the weight savings does not seem worth the price. If this is much more durable and less likely to chip then maybe I can justify it.

Tried searching but unable to find any discussions on this, any input is appreciated.

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Vapor paint?? [suttong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the vapor paint but my wife has the regular project one paint job and haven't had any issues with paint chipping and we have loaded in and out of a car, stacked it in a car with my bike, etc... So I can't imagine the vapor being more durable. It does look really cool though

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ask your dealer... or if you want I can ask mine as they do a few P1 9s every year it seems. It's a matte finish. If I had to guess, it wouldn't hold up as well as a standard clear coat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My SC has the vapor coat(platinum) and my Madone the standard paint. It is hard to offer a direct well controlled comparison of the two but it is my impression that the vapor coat is more resistant to scrapes and chips than the standard paint.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Vapor paint?? [Quattroporte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quattroporte wrote:
My SC has the vapor coat(platinum) and my Madone the standard paint. It is hard to offer a direct well controlled comparison of the two but it is my impression that the vapor coat is more resistant to scrapes and chips than the standard paint.
My Madone is not vapor, but I thought the advantage was weight not durability?

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Vapor paint?? [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP was questioning the relative durability. I went with the vapor coat on the SC for weight reasons. My Madone is under the UCI weight limit; the SC not so.
Quote Reply