Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek SC 7.5 vs Orbea Ordu OMP
Quote | Reply
Hi STers,

I have the opportunity to acquire either an Ultegra Trek SC 7.5 or ultegra Orbea Ordu OMP for around $3k. I am being indecisive. What do you guys think?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC 7.5 vs Orbea Ordu OMP [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an older Ordu GDi2 (the one with the behind the BB rear brake) and really like it.

Assuming both fit, and you don't really want to change any of the parts on either, there's not going to be a lot of difference in speed.

The Ordu will be a little easier to work on with the standard brakes.

Speed Concepts are a dime a dozen, so the Ordu would be "something different", but then again, if you know lots of people with SCs, you might be able to borrow parts in an emergency.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Hi STers,

I have the opportunity to acquire either an Ultegra Trek SC 7.5 or ultegra Orbea Ordu OMP for around $3k. I am being indecisive. What do you guys think?
Both are good bikes, but I do think the Ordu doesn't get the love it deserves. We've heard nothing but amazing feedback from the Ordu OMPs we've sold. It's also a bike that allows us to put shorter riders on 700c wheels because of the sloping top tube.

Now that they offer custom color options even for the entry-level OMP bike - the M20LTD - it's a great bike that allows you to create something that suits your aesthetic preferences.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're both good choices. My $0.02 is that the Ordu will be easier to travel with while the Trek has the better cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biased Trek owner here but my 2cents...

Trek:
- More Aero
- Better integration (speed box, draft box, bta mount)
- Likely easier to get replacement parts if needed

Orbea:
- Different
- Likely aero enough in fairness as some top pro's do use it aka starky but he's an exception.

Kinda boils down to personal preference on colour scheme and deal.

I still maintain buy the bike you love, as you will ride it more, enjoy it more and likely improve most with.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC 7.5 vs Orbea Ordu OMP [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trent, Thanks for the reply.

I am just curious what's your impression (customer's feedback) on the Ordu OMP? Unfortunately, my LBS doesn't have it stocked, so I won't be able to check it out in the carbon. With the ultegra build. How's the non-SI aerobars? are they easy to adjust?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate the Vision bars. We have out a couple of Aeria sets on (mostly alloy but at least one carbon).

The bike is smooth, responsive, and fun to ride. That's been our feedback.

In a couple of cases, customers bought this bike out of frustration from dealing with the effort required to race and maintain some of the integrated engineering headaches that a superbike requires.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7.5 has the integrated cockpit, so go with it. Biased b/c my last 3 tri bikes have been SCs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the advice. Very helpful. In the end. I chose the Orbea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Pics, please!
Quote Reply