Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say
Quote | Reply
I wonder how I would score from my last 2 stress treadmill tests.

http://www.foxnews.com/...ath-researchers-say/

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another one

http://www.shape.com/...determined-treadmill

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sooo.... if you are in good shape, you are less likely to die. Why was this study funded?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ya.... but ya know, I saw this article that says people that run marathons are going to die because their hearts are getting worn out. So obviously that trumps this study!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro tip - your odds of dying are precisely 100%.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, it's not really about the treadmill performance but on the results of the stress test. Meaning that your heart may have something to do with your impending death? Amazing- tying health to your heart. What will they think of next?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [davecochrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davecochrane wrote:

This. I just concluded a recent field study as well: increasing darkness towards nighttime.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't drink water while running cuz 100% of the people who drink water sometime in their lives die.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
Sooo.... if you are in good shape, you are less likely to die. Why was this study funded?
Well most likely the majority of the people in the database are heart patients and not athletes. For people with certain medical problems it can make sense to have a better life time estimator even if it is just to be used as a motivational tool to encourage people to change their habits.

Quote | Reply
davecochrane wrote:

that's pretty pessimistic.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
davecochrane wrote:

Pessimistic, yes, but true. The odds of death equally bad: Every 1 out 1 person will die!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Clempson wrote:
davecochrane wrote:

Pessimistic, yes, but true. The odds of death equally bad: Every 1 out 1 person will die!

And 100% of marriages end in either death or divorce. How sad is that?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill performance predicts risk of death, researchers say [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The #1 cause of divorce in the world is marriage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I wonder how I would score from my last 2 stress treadmill tests.http://www.foxnews.com/...ath-researchers-say/[/quote[/url]]

Stupid reporting, "A team of Johns Hopkins University cardiologists has found a way to accurately predict your risk of dying over a 10-year period based solely off how well you’re able to run on a treadmill."

"Accurately" is a HUGE stretch of what they actually found. There is nothing new here.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply