Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill Belt Length
Quote | Reply
Short version: Is a 56" long treadmill belt too short for a 6' 2" tall person to run on?

Long version: I'm currently treadmill hunting, and have a question regarding belt length. I notice that newer treadmills tend to have 60" belts, although not all. A lot of nice treadmills have 56" belts, so I'm wondering (and I would never ask this in any other context, but;) would I really miss those 4 inches?

The treadmills at my former gym were commercial Precors with 60" decks, and I never got near the back, but I've seen a few good deals on used home Precors, and they all have 56" decks.

Thoughts? (I'm not married to the idea of buying a Precor, but have seem some attractively priced units locally).
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Belt Length [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Gotta be a 6'+ runner out there with a treadmill deck under 60".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need 60" at 6'6". I've been happy with the sole f63 for what it's worth, $900 with a 10% coupon at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you run using longer strides i would recommend that you should go with 60" long treadmill belt, but if you run using normal strides 56" is good.

Zachary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This would be a right answer to your query -

If you are shorter than 5 feet 7 inches tall, a minimum 58-inch treadmill belt should accommodate the length of your running stride.

If you are between 5 feet 7 inches and 6 feet 4 inches tall, choose a belt that is a minimum 60 inches in length.

- Renuka
Quote Reply