Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Travelers Rest, SC
Quote | Reply
Might be making the move to Travelers Rest, SC soon. Can anyone tell me about the area in terms of the tri scene, riding, ows, or just life there in general. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers Rest, SC [Cat1Napper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll love it.
  • The riding will be phenomenal right out your front door.
  • Check out www.setupevents.com for all the races that are in that part of the country.
  • You'll be close to Furman University which is the starting point for a lot of group rides.
  • The Swamp Rabbit Trail is a fantastic rails-to-trails project that runs right through TR and is great for running. (Often a little too crowded for a decent ride.)
  • TR is 15-20 minutes outside of Greenville, SC and 30-40 minutes from Asheville, NC. You'll find plenty of activity going either way.
  • Did I mention the riding is fantastic!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Travelers Rest is an awesome place to live. There is quite a large cycling, running and triathlon community. Downtown TR is really small and cool. Several great places to eat,craft brewery and moonshine distributor right on main street. The swamp rabbit trail runs from down town TR into Greenville which is a larger city that is just as cool. Great riding and running. The riding in the mountains above TR is some of the best on the east coast. There are some great lakes within 30 minute drive for open water swims. Also several swimming pools within driving distance with master programs. I have lived here all my life and love it. It is an awesome place to live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude. YOU. WILL. LOVE.

Gorgeous.

Family about 20 minutes from there I'm on my way in 2 weeks!
Quote Reply
Re: Travelers Rest, SC [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before I moved to Chattanooga I lived in TR, loved it. Great cycling, easy to get north to Asheville or south to Greenville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Travelers Rest is booming since they put the Swamp Rabbit Trail there. The city seems to be centered around people riding their bikes.

You will definitely love it. When you get to town I don't mind helping show a couple good routes and such. Very healthy tri scene and cycling scene here in town.

Quote | Reply
TR is a gem. You will love it.
Quote Reply