Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Travel case for CompuTrainer?
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations? Does the Cyclops one fit?

Quote | Reply
Go to goodwill or salvation army or the like and buy a big suitcase. The really big suitcases can't go on a plane any more without oversize luggage fees so they might be found at one of these stores. I have an old suitcase that everything fits in to easily. I throw in some training clothes, a water bottle and a portable bike pump and I can take my computrainer with me any place. I have been lugging mine with me this way 3-10x/month for a couple years now. Works great.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel case for CompuTrainer? [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wannabefaster wrote:
Go to goodwill or salvation army or the like and buy a big suitcase. The really big suitcases can't go on a plane any more without oversize luggage fees so they might be found at one of these stores. I have an old suitcase that everything fits in to easily. I throw in some training clothes, a water bottle and a portable bike pump and I can take my computrainer with me any place. I have been lugging mine with me this way 3-10x/month for a couple years now. Works great.

Thanks, Jason. Good suggestion.

Quote | Reply
Find the exact size suitcase, about 32 x 20 x 10 depending on your stand, and you can get it all under 62 linear inches, so it travels as regular luggage. Or, just make the exact size case out of cardboard and duct tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel case for CompuTrainer? [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not joking, do you also take a bike? On a Plane?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Travel case for CompuTrainer? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Not joking, do you also take a bike? On a Plane?

I have flown with my bike in an Aerus travel case multiple times. I have never taken both the bike and Computrainer on a plane trip.

I spend a significant amount of nights away from home (within driving distance). My evenings are somewhat free so I put the bike and CT in the car and set it up so I can get the training in at night (I am essentially tied to the location so I can't really get outside and ride, hence the need for the trainer). When I first started doing this I would throw the CT and all its parts in to the back of the car. This required several trips to get everything inside. Now I put the CT in the suitcase, strap a box fan on the outside and can get the bike, trainer and a fan inside in one trip. Much more convenient. This is the closest I will ever come to being a professional triathlete: getting paid to work out at night....

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply