Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training suggestions
Quote | Reply
August 25th, 26th, and 27th is the Hotter N Hell weekend. I am signed up for the mountain bike race (13 miles) on friday, the century ride on saturday, and the half marathon trail run on sunday?

How would you attack this? I'm waiting on my sc sensor for Trainer Road virtual power and when it gets here I'll get started on it (Base, Build, Century plan).
Was thinking about just incorporating a half marathon training plan in as well, but don't want to over do it with two separate plans.
What about a HIM plan omitting the swimming?

Should I rely on road bike fitness for the MTB portion (and just do a few mtb rides when I can)?

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Training suggestions [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a thought, good chance to try the TR full plans. I'm testing them on Android right now. Go to their website and you can select from there. Also, the guys at TR are great if you post to their main thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Training suggestions [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda new to this forum...I am training for a half IM and just cutting an IM training plan in half. You get some rest in-between your legs so I wouldn't go too crazy with sticking to a half IM plan. For the run you should do a 16-18 week slow build on your run training if you are not already a decent distance runner. If you over do it and your not use to running beyond an occasional weekend 3-4 mile run, you could get some overuse ailments.

The race sounds like 3 days of fun. Good luck!
Quote Reply