Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training peaks changes weight after workouts
Quote | Reply
ive been using a timex cycle trainer with training peaks. whenever i upload a workout from the cycle trainer, training peaks also automatically adds a new weight entry for the day. annoyingly, the weight is always incorrect.

i understand that on the cycle trainer, there is an option for "extra weight" which i have set to 0. additionally, on the bike settings there is a weight for each bike, this however is greyed out and i cant change it when i access the device settings.

the strangest thing, is the weight that is automatically entered into training peaks after each bike upload is always 220.5 lbs, regardless of what i have actually entered in the device as my weight.

any help on fixing this would be appreciated. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Training peaks changes weight after workouts [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It loves that 220.5 lbs doesn't it? My Timex did that too. I tried everything you did and looked for some way of disabling it. I tried every setting and couldn't make it stop doing that. I have the latest firmware.... which solved a bunch of other "bugs" that were present out of the box.

To be honest. I really wanted to like that cycle computer as it was such a great bargain, but it become a major frustration after corrupting several files from some long rides as well as and not having any statistical data for power. You have ot download the ride if you want TSS, NP and there were no average power options like the 3 or 5s, 10s and 30s that's standard on most head units.

I just bought a Edge 500 and couldn't be happier. Having 10s power averaging is almost mind blowing in how much easier it is to hold a target power output. Trying to average a 1s number in your head that's jumping around is impossible to do accurately. Especially with a Stages power meter which already floats just a little more as well. Besides, you can check you TSS value on your way into T2 and know whether your run is screwed or not. You can also zero your power meter from the computer.

Another nuisance was that the largest data field if you used less than 6 on a screen, is on the bottom of the screen, not the top where its' easier to see when... you know.... you're like riding and looking forward most of the time.

My advice. If you still can, return it and get the Edge. I used mine for 5 months, so I'm pretty well screwed. I'll try and get $50 for it on E-Bay maybe. Hey, the HR monitor I got with it works great. It just needs a major software update and it would be fine. It would work fine for MTB and maybe road racing and crits where you're not trying to hold a specific power target most of the time and you are OK with more variability in your training.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Training peaks changes weight after workouts [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the other thread where you mentioned your problems. I haven't had the problem with files being corrupted (fingers crossed) and I don't have a power meter. Besides the 220.5 it has worked flawlessly on the road and mtb.
I got the Timex (besides being a great price) because I've had a couple of garmin forerunners die on me.
Guess I'll just keep deleting. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn't just me with the issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's would be great without a power meter. I'm not sure why it gets corrupted. It seems like it gets hung up with the satellite tracks. Want to buy a 2nd Timex cheap? I should just keep it for my road bike (although I haven't ridden it in 4 months).... but the wife is pressuring me to liquidate non-essential assets.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Training peaks changes weight after workouts [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, but i too would have a hard time explaining that one to the wife
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it has anything to do with the Timex. I have a Withings WiFi scale that uploads my weight every morning when I weigh myself and connects to TrainingPeaks. Even then, TP insists on adding a second weigh in, in my case of 163lbs. I'm guessing somewhere in the personal settings my weight is set to 163 and the Withings measurement is not updated and TP keeps adding it to my daily data.

So, I think its a TP problem and not a Garmin/Timex/whatever problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Training peaks changes weight after workouts [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it may be a training peaks issue.

i doubt however that it means that 163 is somehow stored in your personal settings. i only say this because motoguy and i both keep getting the 220.5 number consistently.i would guess that the glitch isnt from pulling a number from some stored user settings.

also of note, ive been using a timex run trainer (first version) for a couple of years. ive never had it enter a weight in when uploading these workouts.
Quote Reply