I had a bitch of a time with that "ant channel error" when I started TR 5 weeks ago. I had a new Acer laptop I was working with.. Was in daily contact with Nate and their IT guys. Nothing helped. Acer had a few programs built in that were always on in the background and I had a feeling one of these was not allowing communication with TR. I have no proof but I deleted these programs and a bunch of other crap I didnt need and bam....works like a charm now. One program in particular (cant remember name) that was always on looking for ways to increase speed/ performance of the computer really bothered me. So, delete away i say.
Another customer for an Acer laptop that ran into this same issue. I saw this thread and did exactly what Pharmguy did. After doing that, Trainerroad works! Pharmguy, you the man!