Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainerroad Android App+Stages+Tacx Flux
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I just can't get Power Match to work.

When I select "devices", trainerroad shows...

ANT+ Trainer ID 4904
Power Meter 4 ID 4904
Speed/Cadence 2 ID 4904
Tacx Flux 04904
Power Meter ID 59420
Stages ID 59420

I don't know which one should I select, so my Stages PM controls the Tacx Flux.
Maybe someone can help me out?

Kind regards,
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad Android App+Stages+Tacx Flux [captain-dan76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having the same problem. What's your spin down and offset? Mine is consistently 6552 and 6552.2 respectively. My tacx vortex was 02 and .2.

Let me know if you get any answers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suggest you select the Ant+ Trainer 4904 plus the Stages ID 5940. Then once paired click on the paired Stages and set Powermatch to auto or enabled. My new Cycleops smart trainer shows up twice, one as an Ant+ trainer and then as a power meter. I went with Ant+ trainer.

Personally I have disabled powermatch as the power accuracy is near enough not to have to worry about. With powermatch enabled the power is noticeably less smooth with it fluctuating over and under the target power and worse than what I got with my previous fluid trainer combined with power meter. With powermatch disabled the smart trainer is told to do say 200 watts but the displayed actual power and recorded power is from the power meter. In my case, a few watts over so nothing to worry about.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad Android App+Stages+Tacx Flux [3DKiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot! I'll try.
I think it is strange, that my Tacx shows 4 times:

ANT+ Trainer ID 4904
Power Meter 4 ID 4904
Speed/Cadence 2 ID 4904
Tacx Flux 04904

Or is it normal?

Kind regards, Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should turn blutooth off and just pair via ANT+?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captain-dan76 wrote:
Hi,
I just can't get Power Match to work.

When I select "devices", trainerroad shows...

ANT+ Trainer ID 4904
Power Meter 4 ID 4904
Speed/Cadence 2 ID 4904
Tacx Flux 04904
Power Meter ID 59420
Stages ID 59420

I don't know which one should I select, so my Stages PM controls the Tacx Flux.
Maybe someone can help me out?

Kind regards,
Dan

Hey Dan,

First off, let's have you go update the app. We just released an update that eliminates some of the confusion behind so many pairing options you're seeing.

Here's the low-down of what you're seeing:

• The Tacx Flux pairing option is to connect the trainer via Bluetooth.
  • The ANT+ Trainer pairing option is to connect the trainer over ANT+ FE-C
  • The Stages is the pairing option over Bluetooth.
  • The Power Meter with the same ID as the Stages is the pairing option for the stages over ANT+.
  • The Speed/Cadence sensor and Power Meter 4 with the same ID as the ANT+ trainer are pairing options that you'll want to forgo pairing. This is because the speed/cadence and power data is already wrapped in the Tacx Flux and ANT+ Trainer pairing options.

So by going forward with the new update, we've decided to hide those other pairing options that won't be needed.

What you'll want to do after updating the app is pair either the Tacx Flux or ANT+ Trainer, then pairing your Stages (either the ANT+ or BT option—but not both). After you have only the two devices paired, access the Stages device settings. There you'll find your PowerMatch settings.

Phew! That was a mouthful. ;)

Give us a shout at support@trainerroad.com if you're still running into any issues after giving the above a try. We'll be happy to help you further.

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad Android App+Stages+Tacx Flux [nick(TR)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick,
i'll try!
Kind regards,
Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I did everything as suggested. It just doesn't work. I have the app version 1.0.0.29093 installed. Is it the latest one?
Kind regards,
Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captain-dan76 wrote:
Hi,
I did everything as suggested. It just doesn't work. I have the app version 1.0.0.29093 installed. Is it the latest one?
Kind regards,
Dan

Hey Dan,

Sorry for the delay. I only get notifications if you directly reply to my post. :)

That is indeed the most up-to-date version.

Just so we can hash out your issue in the most efficient manner, we're going to have an agent get in touch with you via the email associated with your account. That way, we can easily retrieve any extra information we may need.

Looking forward to getting you back on the bike without issue. Talk to you soon!

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scratch that.....I just saw you and Diedre were able to get things rolling on the Elite Turbo Muin. If you're still willing to try and work out the issues with the Vortex, I'm still happy to have an agent get in touch with you and investigate further what may be holding you up. :)

Thanks again for your patience Dan. Let us know when you get a chance!

Cheers,

Quote Reply