Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
My ride today hasn't synced. Are you guys still having issues? Or will it just not sync because of the outage?

Everything should be good now. After the site went back up it took a bit to process all the workouts and get caught up.

If you still have issues please email support@trainerroad.com and we'll get your workouts synced.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
dyarab wrote:
My ride today hasn't synced. Are you guys still having issues? Or will it just not sync because of the outage?

Everything should be good now. After the site went back up it took a bit to process all the workouts and get caught up.

If you still have issues please email support@trainerroad.com and we'll get your workouts synced.

Thanks. It synced the next day after my ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Bryce,

I'm entering Week 8 of the Half Iron Build Mid-Volume. Everything is all well and good, but thank god for an easier week (until Phoenix +2).

I will moving into the half-iron speciality block (still unsure as to whether mid or high volume), but I am racing an olympic distance race during week 6, so 2 weeks before my goal 70.3 race... Is that race going to wreck my 70.3? How should I approach that week to still manage an okay race for the olympic but truly nail my 70.3?

That week: (If I'm doing the high volume)
Thur - Echo +3 (8x10@85%–95%)
Fri - Townsend (90'@60-70%)
Sat - Olympic Race (~60 min @ 95%) + a mixed relay super sprint (8 mile bike @ 100%?) [This is in lieu of Big Squaw (2.5 hours @ 65%-75%)]
Sun - Off OR swap in an easier session to "make up" the loss in TSS from racing?

I checked in with Coach Chad on this and this is what he had to say:

"The race rehearsal is the primary aim with a B race positioned a few weeks prior to your A race. The training stress is pretty secondary, within reason. With 2 weeks out and only following an oly-distance race, that could serve really well as a final race-intensity workout and race rehearsal. So it’s a really workable scenario, borders on ideal."

As for that you should do on Sunday, you should listen to your body and see how you feel. If you feel very fatigued, a day off may be more appropriate whereas if you feel okay, a easy recovery spin might do the trick.

Good luck with the rest of your season!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received an email that The Sufferfest videos will be removed from Trainerroad's workout files. I'm very disappointed in this. It will make me seriously reconsider signing up again next winter.

But outside of that, does anyone have the workout files so to make my own?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search github, golden cheetah and sufferfest and you will find them.
Last edited by: Mark57: Mar 12, 18 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
cloy wrote:
Bryce,

I'm entering Week 8 of the Half Iron Build Mid-Volume. Everything is all well and good, but thank god for an easier week (until Phoenix +2).

I will moving into the half-iron speciality block (still unsure as to whether mid or high volume), but I am racing an olympic distance race during week 6, so 2 weeks before my goal 70.3 race... Is that race going to wreck my 70.3? How should I approach that week to still manage an okay race for the olympic but truly nail my 70.3?

That week: (If I'm doing the high volume)
Thur - Echo +3 (8x10@85%–95%)
Fri - Townsend (90'@60-70%)
Sat - Olympic Race (~60 min @ 95%) + a mixed relay super sprint (8 mile bike @ 100%?) [This is in lieu of Big Squaw (2.5 hours @ 65%-75%)]
Sun - Off OR swap in an easier session to "make up" the loss in TSS from racing?

I checked in with Coach Chad on this and this is what he had to say:

"The race rehearsal is the primary aim with a B race positioned a few weeks prior to your A race. The training stress is pretty secondary, within reason. With 2 weeks out and only following an oly-distance race, that could serve really well as a final race-intensity workout and race rehearsal. So it’s a really workable scenario, borders on ideal."

As for that you should do on Sunday, you should listen to your body and see how you feel. If you feel very fatigued, a day off may be more appropriate whereas if you feel okay, a easy recovery spin might do the trick.

Good luck with the rest of your season!

I just want you to know that I read that in his voice. I guess I've been listening to the podcast a little too often. hah.

Thanks for the help!

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Nathaniel, for some reason the workout I finished on the day of the outage disappeared. It had the green checkmark and displayed all the post-ride data but not it's showing as incomplete. The ride doesn't appear in Career either. Any ideas? :-/
Last edited by: draxula16: Mar 13, 18 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'm seriously disappointed, too...That being said, it isn't TR's fault. Sufferfest requested that they be removed.

I'm going to look around and find the workouts and just save them locally.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
Yep, I'm seriously disappointed, too...That being said, it isn't TR's fault. Sufferfest requested that they be removed.

Are custom workouts saved locally (on the local hard drive) or just under our account on TR? Seems like the latter should be the case so you can use workout creator on the desktop and then use the workout on another device later. Just checking.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prefersdirt wrote:
d00d wrote:

Are custom workouts saved locally (on the local hard drive) or just under our account on TR? Seems like the latter should be the case so you can use workout creator on the desktop and then use the workout on another device later. Just checking.

I don't think they're saved at TR, but the last time I created a workout was years ago...I'll have to check when I get home later this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The workouts are saved 'at trainer road' and follow your profile regardless of what you're using to control (phone, tablet, old mangled laptop with a non-functioning display) that's probably my biggest beef with zwift (apologies for the slight tangent). I haven't thought to try to create a video workout but I'll take a shot at lunch - even though I'm "really busy" right now ;)

edit - wonder if they could/would create workout templates like say "descending corkscrew" or "venture to the opposite perimeter"...

edit #2 - the sufferfest templates are still in the workout creator - for the time being (?)
Last edited by: Tim_Canterbury: Mar 13, 18 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,
Love using trainer road, great work on the product. I'm an olympic distance racer and am almost through the base of the high volume plan. I'm thinking about switching to the medium volume plan to swap in an extra swim for one of the rides, but I noticed the biggest difference was the loss of some long rides at 60-70% FTP if I remember. Will I be missing a lot without these endurance rides? Especially since the bike leg for the olympic will be much closer to 1:15-1:30 for me? Thanks for the help and any insight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also sad to see the sufferfest workouts go, revolver was a bitch of a workout, a few others were pretty interesting too.

I'm sure TR doesn't want to advertise the fact on the blog or podcast but since the cat is out of the bag here, is it possible some similar workouts could be posted - aka what to do instead of X.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious to revolver- wouldn’t 1min on/off not be the best workout for a triathlete? I thought for vo2 you got to get around 3 mons our atleast or shorten the rest intervals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce, dumb question on a specific workout. Supposed to do spanish needle +2 tomorrow and I've never done this or similar super-short intervals like this with my trainer (I have a cycleops hammer). As far as you know, have direct drive trainers gotten good at handling these quick intervals in erg mode? Or would it better to do the workout in a manual setting? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this an accurate statement:

When deciding between a mid-volume plan and a high-volume plan, I will get faster on a high-volume plan than I will get on a mid-volume plan.

This statement is independent of "life" variables—i.e., time to train. I have a boatload of time.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [pgp128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgp128 wrote:
Hi Bryce, dumb question on a specific workout. Supposed to do spanish needle +2 tomorrow and I've never done this or similar super-short intervals like this with my trainer (I have a cycleops hammer). As far as you know, have direct drive trainers gotten good at handling these quick intervals in erg mode? Or would it better to do the workout in a manual setting? Thanks!

I personally use a Wahoo Kickr first gen and I have used ERG mode for short 15 second bursts like that before and it works pretty well as long as you are using your easiest possible gear. The slower your wheel is moving, the easier it is for ERG to do its thing.

I would try the first few in ERG to see how your trainer handles it, and if you are wanting for a more reponsive experience, you can always switch into Standard or Resistance mode and keep on going :)

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

When deciding between a mid-volume plan and a high-volume plan, I will get faster on a high-volume plan than I will get on a mid-volume plan.

This statement is independent of "life" variables—i.e., time to train. I have a boatload of time.

not necessarily. Having time to train is one thing, but if your body can't handle that amount of training stress, and that means recover properly, then you won't get faster, you'll just burn out/get sick/hate biking.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RONDAL wrote:
cloy wrote:

not necessarily. Having time to train is one thing, but if your body can't handle that amount of training stress, and that means recover properly, then you won't get faster, you'll just burn out/get sick/hate biking.

Very true. First time a follower a trainerroad plan through all phases I ended up burning out. Lesson learned from that one.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I just finished my Specialty phase of Sprint tri and now want to train for an Olympic. Do you guys recommend starting in the Olympic Base or Build phase? I've done all distances before and plan on continuing to do sprints throughout the year and build up to 70.3 by the end of the year. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I just finished my Specialty phase of Sprint tri and now want to train for an Olympic. Do you guys recommend starting in the Olympic Base or Build phase? I've done all distances before and plan on continuing to do sprints throughout the year and build up to 70.3 by the end of the year. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys from Trainerroad,

Actually on SSB high volume ll, i'm planning to do "Tour du mont blanc" on 21st july, that's 330km 8000d+.
I imagine following the classic route Base=>Build=>Speciality must be the best but should I add a little more endurance ride on the week end, eventually outside if I feel it doesn't impair the plan ?

Thanks a lot
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fine TrainerRoad Folks,
Any thoughts or comments on TR usage for a blind triathlete? My partner loves TR and it has helped her become stronger, but when doing workouts when I am not around she struggles because many times she does not know the duration or power of what is coming ahead. When I am there I can tell her that, but obviously there are many times she is training alone (and also doesn't want me as a crutch) and even though she is on our Tacx Neo in ERG mode, the sudden shifts and not knowing what duration and intensity she needs to perform at are psychological jarring at times. The audible count down to the intervals certainly does help her to know when a change is coming up, but that is about it. Her accessibility software unfortunately can't do much about this within the program.

Thank you!
-S
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Fine TrainerRoad Folks,
Any thoughts or comments on TR usage for a blind triathlete? My partner loves TR and it has helped her become stronger, but when doing workouts when I am not around she struggles because many times she does not know the duration or power of what is coming ahead. When I am there I can tell her that, but obviously there are many times she is training alone (and also doesn't want me as a crutch) and even though she is on our Tacx Neo in ERG mode, the sudden shifts and not knowing what duration and intensity she needs to perform at are psychological jarring at times. The audible count down to the intervals certainly does help her to know when a change is coming up, but that is about it. Her accessibility software unfortunately can't do much about this within the program.

Thank you!
-S

I have to say that I really appreciate this question. I never thought of this challenge to training and realized that I need to work again at seeing things from outside 'my little box'.

Now, would we want Coach Chad or R. Lee Ermey?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kmck27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kmck27 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks

If you have the time, then by all means start back at Base :) There's a readon that even seasoned pro athletes return to base each and every season.

If you are training up for a half Ironman, a good route to take might be

Olympic Base
Olympic Build
Olympic Specialty
Half Iron Build
Half Iron Specialty.

Another thing to consider, if the Half Iron is your A race, is that we ehihly recommend incorporating Olympic distance races into your Half Ironman Training. If you did the full Base, Build, Specialty Half Distance plans, you would be more than capable to complete Olympic distance tris along the way.

I hope that helps give you a bit of guidance for your season, feel free to let me know if there is anything I can clear up for you!

Quote Reply

Prev Next