Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to look at my workout later today on my mobile today when I realized that the plan listed on my phone was ENTIRELY different than the one on the website and my computer. Is there a reason for this?

I'm doing the cyclocross medium volume plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:
I was trying to look at my workout later today on my mobile today when I realized that the plan listed on my phone was ENTIRELY different than the one on the website and my computer. Is there a reason for this?

I'm doing the cyclocross medium volume plan.

That is really wierd, are you on the latest version for all of your devices? I would recommend reaching out to support@trainerroad.com to report this issue and see if they can get things sorted out for you :)

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So it turns out the app on my computer is from 2016 (why it didn't update is beyond me), but my mobile is up to date. Which still confuses me because when I browse training plans on the website I see the plan listed in my 2016 app, not the new one.

Either way, I like the plan I have been doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

i’m using a tacx neo, so you’re saying mileage may be a touch off, but still ballpark. good enough for me!

thanks a lot for the clarification. much appreciated!

I keep my Neo in a low gear as it's quiet (training in the mornings), and that makes the distance really low - this bothers me a bit as I like to have a realistic representation of distance.

My solution was to write a quick Python script which allows you to bump up the distance by a factor of x (whatever you want) before saving the activity to Garmin / Strava / Whatever.

If you look at a .tcx file with a text editor, you'll see it's really easy to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

i’m using a tacx neo, so you’re saying mileage may be a touch off, but still ballpark. good enough for me!

thanks a lot for the clarification. much appreciated!

I keep my Neo in a low gear as it's quiet (training in the mornings), and that makes the distance really low - this bothers me a bit as I like to have a realistic representation of distance.

My solution was to write a quick Python script which allows you to bump up the distance by a factor of x (whatever you want) before saving the activity to Garmin / Strava / Whatever.

If you look at a .tcx file with a text editor, you'll see it's really easy to do.

that’s really neat. thanks for the share.

i have a tendency to get very OCD about data. it spills over from my job. if the mileage isn’t being reported correctly it drives me nuts. i’m slowly just learning to deal with a mental shift of outdoor training miles versus indoor training time.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

that’s really neat. thanks for the share.

i have a tendency to get very OCD about data. it spills over from my job. if the mileage isn’t being reported correctly it drives me nuts. i’m slowly just learning to deal with a mental shift of outdoor training miles versus indoor training time.

No problem, if you need the script, when I'm at the computer I can DM it you (or post it here)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey TR, I love the Text/Instructions during workouts, but it seems not all workouts have them, unless I'm going crazy and disabled them.. Is there a setting to toggle this on/off.

Also if there's a way to know ahead of time if there will be text displayed, please let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought the Garmin Vector 3 PM which is bluetooth-enabled, but the Trainerroad app on my iPhone won't connect (and notes on that that particular PM is not bluetooth enabled). I've sent an email to TR but wanted to see if anyone else had that issue. Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [MikeM126] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikeM126 wrote:
Hey TR, I love the Text/Instructions during workouts, but it seems not all workouts have them, unless I'm going crazy and disabled them.. Is there a setting to toggle this on/off.

Also if there's a way to know ahead of time if there will be text displayed, please let me know.

Hey Mike!

So there is not instructional text on every single workout. The way you can tell is that in the workout desciption before the workout, it will say "Has instructional test" if it has the text. Some versions of the app will simply show a small paper icon which denotes the same thing.

It is possible that you accidently turtned off the text in the setting as well. This toggle can be found in the Settings. There is a toggle that says "Show instructional text". Make sure that toggle is turned on :)

I hope this clears things up!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [JTIP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTIP wrote:
I just bought the Garmin Vector 3 PM which is bluetooth-enabled, but the Trainerroad app on my iPhone won't connect (and notes on that that particular PM is not bluetooth enabled). I've sent an email to TR but wanted to see if anyone else had that issue. Thx

Support will give you a much better run-through, however the most common issue we see with pairing any Bluetooth devices is that the device is paired somewhere else, which "steals" the signal from TrainerRoad. This could mean it's paired to another app on the same iPhone, the iPhone's Settings or another device. Be sure that you are not paired anywhere else and then attempt to repair :) If that fails, then support will be able to do a deeper analysis for you.

Best,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Bryce — Could you name me several workouts on TR at different durations that would be considered sweet spot workouts?

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharonMcN wrote:
Hey Bryce — Could you name me several workouts on TR at different durations that would be considered sweet spot workouts?

In the TR app you can filter workouts by intensity and duration. In the iOS app it is in the top right. They lists various intensities and sweet spot is one of them. It shows me 397 Sweet Spot workouts.

-Nate
Triathlonpal.com
Flaer|Team Kiwami|Nuun Hydration|Honey Stinger
Twitter: @N8deck
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [triathlonpal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks!

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys need some help managing your SSL certs?

-_-
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadford wrote:
You guys need some help managing your SSL certs?

-_-

We have a static HTML page up for now because of an outage. :(

SSL certs are fine.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Last edited by: Nate Pearson: Mar 9, 18 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before your static page went up I was getting a bunch of insecure cipher warnings.

Sorry bout the outage, good luck in getting services back online!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadford wrote:
Before your static page went up I was getting a bunch of insecure cipher warnings.

Sorry bout the outage, good luck in getting services back online!

Yah, it's totally lame. We're waiting for our host....

The good news is you can still use the app as long as you haven't logged out.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to use the app on my laptop at lunch today....pretty sure I wasn't logged in but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My ride today hasn't synced. Are you guys still having issues? Or will it just not sync because of the outage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a difference in bluetooth connection reliability between Android and iPad and desktop computer? I have the bluetooth adapter for my PC but sometimes it will stop controlling the Kickr mid workout. I have used an Android tablet and it seems to work pretty well most of the time but today it dropped the connection to the Kickr with about 2 min to go in the workout. If I got an iPad would that give a better connection? Ant+ to the PC works fine but I would prefer the bluetooth connection. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using TR for around 8 weeks and really like it. I really like riding indoors now.

I did an FTP test the 1st week and this week I have tried twice to retest but I am having a problem.

First, the training programs all work fine its just the FTP test I am having a problem. The warm up for the FTP test goes as expected but I get to the test and there is no resistance. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank You for any advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [JJD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing that you are using a smart trainer and it is in ERG mode during the warm up? Once you get to the test mode it will switch to resistance mode, and when it does, your resistance must be set too low. When you get to the test part, look down toward the bottom of the screen for a number or percentage where you can change the resistance to something that works better for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2wheels - Thank You. I'll give another try and look out for the resistance setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2wheels wrote:
Is there a difference in bluetooth connection reliability between Android and iPad and desktop computer? I have the bluetooth adapter for my PC but sometimes it will stop controlling the Kickr mid workout. I have used an Android tablet and it seems to work pretty well most of the time but today it dropped the connection to the Kickr with about 2 min to go in the workout. If I got an iPad would that give a better connection? Ant+ to the PC works fine but I would prefer the bluetooth connection. Thanks.

Hey there!

If you are experiencing dropouts and signal variability via Bluetooth, the most likely culprit is wireless interference in your workout environment. While some devices hold onto connection better than others, we should be able to get most any Bluetooth Device up and running consistently.

To start the troubleshooting process, I would recommend checking out this article to learn about the common sources of interference.
https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201802644-Device-Dropouts
I would also recommend reaching out to our Support Team at support@trainerroad.com to see if you can update your BLED 112 drivers or anything on the software side that could make things work more efficiently.

Good luck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce,

I'm entering Week 8 of the Half Iron Build Mid-Volume. Everything is all well and good, but thank god for an easier week (until Phoenix +2).

I will moving into the half-iron speciality block (still unsure as to whether mid or high volume), but I am racing an olympic distance race during week 6, so 2 weeks before my goal 70.3 race... Is that race going to wreck my 70.3? How should I approach that week to still manage an okay race for the olympic but truly nail my 70.3?

That week: (If I'm doing the high volume)
Thur - Echo +3 (8x10@85%–95%)
Fri - Townsend (90'@60-70%)
Sat - Olympic Race (~60 min @ 95%) + a mixed relay super sprint (8 mile bike @ 100%?) [This is in lieu of Big Squaw (2.5 hours @ 65%-75%)]
Sun - Off OR swap in an easier session to "make up" the loss in TSS from racing?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next