Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had issues with Bluetooth connections with the latest iOS on iPhone?

iPad works fine, but for some reason now then my Neo and iPhone refuse to connect - the Trainerroad app says Bluetooth not available. Switching BT on and off a few times sometimes helps.

I would use the iPad, but that is used for YouTube :)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:

iPad works fine, but for some reason now then my Neo and iPhone refuse to connect - the Trainerroad app says Bluetooth not available. Switching BT on and off a few times sometimes helps.

It sounds like there may be something funky going on in your app if turning it off/back on sometimes fixes it. To get things sorted, here's what I would recommend:
1. Delete your TrainerRoad App
2. Re-start your Phone
3. Re-install your TrainerRoad App

Then give it another shot to see if that sorts out the weirdness :)

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
bluefever wrote:

It sounds like there may be something funky going on in your app if turning it off/back on sometimes fixes it. To get things sorted, here's what I would recommend:
1. Delete your TrainerRoad App
2. Re-start your Phone
3. Re-install your TrainerRoad App

Then give it another shot to see if that sorts out the weirdness :)

Well I should really have tried all that before posting!

Works fine now, thanks :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce!

My A race is in mid July and I have been training with TR for a while now.
I just started the Olympic Tri base plan (low vol) last week, and as per schedule I will be starting the Olympic Tri build plan (low vol) in the week of March 6th and the Olympic Tri specialty plan (low vol) in the week of April 17th, which ends in the week of June 5th. This gives me 5 weeks of buffer until the A race. What should I do with the plans to fill that void? My initial thought was to dip into a build/specialize plan for 4 weeks, which is when I fly out.

Thanks!
Isaac
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce,

Had an issue this morning. Previously I’ve always used my kickr with TrainerRoad and had no issues.

I recently got a feedback sports omnium to ride my TT bike on. I connected TR to my quarq and had no issues there.

But after opening strava I realized TR wasn’t receiving any speed data so it didn’t record mileage or display any of the charts correctly.

No problem, I’ll just buy a Bluetooth speed sensor for the rear wheel. Well I got that in and connected it to TR and all of the sudden TR is displaying 0 for cadence (previously displayed from the quarq).

When looking at connected devices TR thinks the wahoo speed sensor is a speed/cadence sensor. So I’m guessing that having two cadence sensors confused the TR app? I also tried then adding a Bluetooth cadence sensor I got with the kickr and that didn’t fix the problem either.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem here with cadence displaying zero. I had a (slightly disappointing) response from TR saying the only thing I can do is unpair my combined speed/cadence sensor. Seems like I have to choose between having no cadence but speed and distance recorded, or cadence with no speed and distance.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened to me this AM. On device screen I get cadence (from my stages pm) but not on the actual ride. I have a support ticket in as not sure why it would suddenly be a problem (I have run this set up for the last 3.5 years).
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greetings:

Are there specific workouts in the queue that are specific to low cadence sessions for strength building. I am sure I could take most of the workouts, and just decide to make it LOW cadence...thanks in advance...

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [isaac_C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isaac_C wrote:
Hi Bryce!

My A race is in mid July and I have been training with TR for a while now.
I just started the Olympic Tri base plan (low vol) last week, and as per schedule I will be starting the Olympic Tri build plan (low vol) in the week of March 6th and the Olympic Tri specialty plan (low vol) in the week of April 17th, which ends in the week of June 5th. This gives me 5 weeks of buffer until the A race. What should I do with the plans to fill that void? My initial thought was to dip into a build/specialize plan for 4 weeks, which is when I fly out.

Thanks!
Isaac

Hey Isaac!

With an extra 5 weeks to spare, I would recommend extending your Base Trainining phase with the additional time. This will build your aerobic capacity so that when you transition into Build and Specialty phases, you will ultimately have a higher potential for performance :)

To do this, simply repeat the final 5 weeks of Olympic Distance Base phase and you will be good to go!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding the cadence= "0" issues you all have been mentioning:

We are really sorry about the inconvenience here, but unfortunatetly a bug was introduced when releasing a patch for a different issue, and as a result, the pairing heirarchy shifted. Essentially, the Wahoo Speed sensor pairs as a Speed/Cadence sensor, but sends a zero value for the cadence. When things are working as intended, the cadence from a power meter will take priority over the S/C sensor in the pairing heirarchy and will overwrite the "0" value. However, with this bug that is no longer the case, and the S/C sensor is of higher priority.

While there is sadly no workaround for this issue currently, our Developers are working on a hot-fix that will allow us to reverse this bug very quickly. It will hopefully only effect the next few of your rides.

I'm really sorry I don't have better news for you at this time. We hope to get things up and running properly in the very near future.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha Bryce, no biggie. I’m just glad y’all are on it and it’s not something on my end. 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, thanks for the update. The initial response didn't mention any plans to fix it, so made it appear like I'd be stuck with the problem. Good to know it'll be sorted soon!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All

A question about TSS and workouts.

Due to family constraints, I won't have time for some of the workouts coming up in the training plan.

An example:

Planned is Longfellow, 240min and 181TSS IF 0.67 - it's basically a long Aerobic workout. Problem is I don't have four hours.

What if I instead pick Whiteside+2 - which is 6x20min SS repeats. It's 165min and 185TSS.

Is there a massive difference in training effect? Can you use TSS as a 'leveller' for workouts (of course 180TSS of VO2Max would make little sense)?

What is the best way of substituting the long aerobic workouts if time constraints are a factor?

Thanks for any help!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi TR,

I've been doing TR for 3 months now and utilize the P1 pedals. I've noticed the power reported on the iPad reflects my left pedal's power (multiplied by 2) while my Garmin 520 bike computer reports power based on adding the left and right pedal's power.

I know my iPad is only picking up my left pedal because when I unclip for one-legged drills, TR always stops when I unclip from the left pedal to focus on the right leg (while my Garmin does not). Also, when clipped in to both pedals, if I focus my power on my left leg, the iPad will report power much higher than my Garmin (sometimes up to 50 watts). I believe my Garmin is working accurately as the power reported for the left and right legs seems accurate due to the effort I'm putting on each pedal.

My dominant leg is my right leg, so this results in the power reported on the iPad to be several watts under the power reported on my Garmin. This is kind of annoying when several watts can make the difference in nailing those long 85%-95% FTP intervals.

I tried searching the forum for this issue but couldn't find it so forgive me if this has already been covered.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lar Dog wrote:
Greetings:

Are there specific workouts in the queue that are specific to low cadence sessions for strength building. I am sure I could take most of the workouts, and just decide to make it LOW cadence...thanks in advance...

Hey there!

For low cadence workouts designed for strength building, the major players are Newcomb, Peavine and Haeckel. If those don't quite fit your needs, then any Threshold (or lower) workout can be done as slow-force work should you so choose :)

Happy training!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
Hi All

A question about TSS and workouts.

Due to family constraints, I won't have time for some of the workouts coming up in the training plan.

An example:

Planned is Longfellow, 240min and 181TSS IF 0.67 - it's basically a long Aerobic workout. Problem is I don't have four hours.

What if I instead pick Whiteside+2 - which is 6x20min SS repeats. It's 165min and 185TSS.

Is there a massive difference in training effect? Can you use TSS as a 'leveller' for workouts (of course 180TSS of VO2Max would make little sense)?

What is the best way of substituting the long aerobic workouts if time constraints are a factor?

Thanks for any help!!

Sweet Spot allows you to create very similar adaptation in a much shorter period of time, and it is exactly what we would recommend for replacement of long aerobic work :) Using TSS as a rough estimate for leveling out the training stress will certainly work as long as you don't seriously cross the line between different types of training loads i.e replacing a VO2 workout with long endurance is not the same training effect.

I hope that makes sense!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TheMallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheMallard wrote:
Hi TR,

I've been doing TR for 3 months now and utilize the P1 pedals. I've noticed the power reported on the iPad reflects my left pedal's power (multiplied by 2) while my Garmin 520 bike computer reports power based on adding the left and right pedal's power.

I know my iPad is only picking up my left pedal because when I unclip for one-legged drills, TR always stops when I unclip from the left pedal to focus on the right leg (while my Garmin does not). Also, when clipped in to both pedals, if I focus my power on my left leg, the iPad will report power much higher than my Garmin (sometimes up to 50 watts). I believe my Garmin is working accurately as the power reported for the left and right legs seems accurate due to the effort I'm putting on each pedal.

My dominant leg is my right leg, so this results in the power reported on the iPad to be several watts under the power reported on my Garmin. This is kind of annoying when several watts can make the difference in nailing those long 85%-95% FTP intervals.

I tried searching the forum for this issue but couldn't find it so forgive me if this has already been covered.

Thanks.

Hey there!

You are spot on with your analysis of how we interact with the P1 pedals via Bluetooth. Sadly, the Bluetooth interaction is much more complicated than the ANT+, and as such we will need to write some individualized code to get the P1s to display L+R power over BT. This is something that we plan to implement, however we do not have an exact timeline for this feature.

In the meantime, if you pair to TrainerRoad via ANT+, your power reading will include both the left and the right pedal's power readings. I know this is not very convenient due to the fact that Bluetooth is built into your iPad and the ANT+ hardware cost can add up, but sadly that is the best option we have at this time. If you have a laptop that you can use with TrainerRoad, the ANT+ hardware is much cheaper for Mac/PC and would be the most cost-effective way to get two-sided power readings.

If you are interested in making one of your devices ANT+ compatible, you can learn more about the hardware required here:
https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201618914-ANT-Connectivity

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you at this time :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much for the fast answer, I'll be sure to stick to SS. Helps a lot to manage the time!
Quote Reply
TR help for 7day IM (5km swim, 5x100m bike, 50km run) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TR!

Background: Each year (for the last 3 years) I have done an Ironman. Training hard for 7 months and then doing nothing and eating pies for 5 months.

Current goal: I've entered the Monster tri on 1st July (21 weeks away). It's 7 days long (5km swim then 5 days of 100miles each day, last day 50km run). So less intense than an ironman but much more cycling and potentially recovery issues.

Problem: I am just starting week 4 of the TrainerRoad Full Distance Triathlon Base (mid volume) plan and loving it. I was thinking of then continuing to do the Build and Speciality. However:

1. The entire plan is 2 weeks too long. Reading the "Not-Enough-Time!" article looks like I should just cut 2 weeks from the middle of the Speciality phase? Right?
2. It's not totally appropriate for the back to back big cycling I will do on the day. Any top tips on how (if at all) I should modify the plan? I was thinking half way through Build phase onwards reducing the long ride to about 75% and doing it again the next day? Maybe dropping some of the BRICKs. Maybe upping the run distance by about 20%?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.
Last edited by: vilbs: Feb 4, 18 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

Does Device Relay still exist within TrainerRoad, it looks like the support page has gone down. If so, can this be used on the iOS app?

Thanks!

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

I was wondering, when using power match (Vector 3S w/ Tacx Flux) is it usual to expect a bit of lag with resistance changes? I've recently changed over and have found when doing intervals it takes a bit longer for the Flux to adjust the resistance to hit the target power. Also it seems slower to reduce the resistance - sometimes I can be putting out 10% extra watts over target sometimes it will stay there for 15+ seconds... Seems a bit unusual? I found it much smoother when riding in ERG mode alone!

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce,

Last time I did my TR workout I had an issue with my cadence being read & displayed... I have a Samsung Tab A & powertap p1 dual pedals.

Under no circumstance was cadence recorded even though it was showing it where you go to link up all of your devices, had not had a single issue previously.

Was this a one time thing or have guys been having issues with that? I really depend on my cadence so if you guys could fix that then it'd be tremendously apprecited!

Cheers,

Enrique

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See this post: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6552642#p6552642

I had an update waiting for me this morning that solved the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kool, thanks for the info!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next