Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer road or Perfpro? Which training plan is better?
Quote | Reply
Im torn between the two program.
Ive read a lot of people gained a lot of improvement from trainer road but Ive never really read any gains from the perfpro training plan.
I want to buy the perfpro cause of the one time fee but not sure if their training plan would be par with trainer road. I have the demo version right now but cant see the work outs.
If you have any experience with perfpro work outs would like to hear from you!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road or Perfpro? Which training plan is better? [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running PerfPro since the beginning of the year. Can't speak for Trainer Road. PerfPro does have training plans, but it probably isn't too in-depth in that department compared to Trainer Road.. but it has the ability to let you ride a wide variety of built-in workouts. You download the workouts from their website via the software. Most of the built in workouts are based on power, you need to do a test to determine your FTP(functional threshold power) and many workouts are based on that. You can also create your own courses/workouts. It also can associate workouts with a video. It works great with Sufferfest videos. So you can watch Sufferfest vids and PerfPro has a built-in workout to match the video perfectly. SF vids are purchased separately. I just looked at their website, it seems you have to be a registered user to download the workouts from PerfPro. Maybe that is why you can't see them? http://perfprostudio.com/Workouts.aspx Look down at the bottom of the page.

It does seem to lend itself to users on the tech savvy side of things. It took me a bit of familiarization to get use to it. But I've found it to definitely be worth what I paid for it. I set a 40k PR last month(after 25 years) and the quality trainer time played a big role with PerfPro as handy tool.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road or Perfpro? Which training plan is better? [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started Trainerroad at the end of last season and used it through the winter religiously and I absolutly destroyed every bike PR I had from last year and feel amazing on the bike. I love the product and even got my wife on it we have a nice netflix double trainer setup.

I have not followed many of the plans exactly I however pick rides based on what my program is and make my own plan but many of the plans they have would be just as useful or probably better.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road or Perfpro? Which training plan is better? [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me how much gain you made? FTP wise
which plan did you follow?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road or Perfpro? Which training plan is better? [ceej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been playing around with the demo and I like the fact that I can upload my Garmin and ride any course. I tried the SF videos but only allowed 10mins? I paired it with the kickr and works wonders. It does take awhile to familiarize with the software because it has a lot to offer. I want a solid training program to help me become a better rider. Which plan did you use to help you with your 40k TT?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the kickr is awesome isn't it? love mine. I don't have a good regimented plan to share this year so I'm a bad reference for that. Actually the opposite, I mixed things up more than before and kept things fresh with variety and each week different. More higher intensity stuff via 4 different sufferfests and spin classes by instructors that kick your butt(the bikes have power meters too which helps), and a nasty steep hiking climb in my city called the Manitou Incline. My focus was to consistently get in 2-3 of these different workouts each week with easy stuff for padding. Improved by 1.5mph in the Olympic bike leg with run still strong. I'm a runner so pretty happy with getting a little better on the bike in my mid 40s after 25 years messing in tris.
Quote Reply