Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once I plugged it all together it worked. Tomorrow I get serious!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any idea when the ipad version is coming out? will it be before or after the holidays? just wondering :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering who is using TR with an unsupported trainer for virtual power. I have an older variable mag trainer. I did email TR support (and got a response with in an hour on a Sunday which is awesome) saying to choose a trainer that is similar and as long as all the settings are the same from workout to workout I'll be good. From my understanding it doesn't really matter how accurate my power numbers are as long as they are consistent.

I trust the response from TR but just looking for others experiences. Or maybe what I'm looking for is an excuse to get a new trainer!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My trainer is unsupported. I had no idea what I was doing and my initial FTP was set at 67 or something like that after the initial test. I submitted a support ticket and within an hour they had run my test through various other trainers to find something with a more comparable curve (around 200 to start). It's worked flawlessly since then, providing I don't change anything :).
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marco in BC wrote:
any idea when the ipad version is coming out? will it be before or after the holidays? just wondering :)

We're working on it every day. My goal is to get it out before christmas, but I can't promise anything.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Nate, right now I'm waiting for a call back from Racermate. I just got the USB adaptor to connect the Computrainer to my laptop. The instructions say to use the new hardware wizard to get the drivers. Computer asks for the manufacturer. Do you know who makes this adaptor?

thanks

You can get the drivers directly at this page: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If you install those it will work with TrainerRoad.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nate. The instructions that came with the adaptor through me off. Once I just plugged it all in, it worked fine. I did the 20 minute test today and tomorrow I will start cranking it out.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, after two weeks with five workouts and two tests, I can see why so many people are hooked on TR. Yesterday on a beautiful, 35 degree, perfect mountain bike morning, it was a hard decision weather to get out or go down to the basement. I've had a computrainer for over ten years and I really thought it was a piece of crap. The TR software is such an improvement that it's now a great tool again. It took me a while to get on board with TR, but right now I'm hooked and ready for a lot of hard work this winter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Well, after two weeks with five workouts and two tests, I can see why so many people are hooked on TR. Yesterday on a beautiful, 35 degree, perfect mountain bike morning, it was a hard decision weather to get out or go down to the basement. I've had a computrainer for over ten years and I really thought it was a piece of crap. The TR software is such an improvement that it's now a great tool again. It took me a while to get on board with TR, but right now I'm hooked and ready for a lot of hard work this winter.

I feel the exact same way. For me, I just got the Kickr and TR and the combo has gotten me down to the basement a lot more then usual. Everything has worked flawlessly and I am looking forward to good training over the winter. Doing my first full at IMMT this August. I wish they had a full IM training plan but I will make do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

Have a couple rides in with my kickr and the mtb programs using ERG mode. It seems the kickr doesn't want to drop below 30% of FTP even though many of the mtb programs call for complete rest between intervals. Is that a known issue? Pedaling at 90 watts instead of 20 watts really isn't that big of a deal, but just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if it is a known limitation. Appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Nate,

Have a couple rides in with my kickr and the mtb programs using ERG mode. It seems the kickr doesn't want to drop below 30% of FTP even though many of the mtb programs call for complete rest between intervals. Is that a known issue? Pedaling at 90 watts instead of 20 watts really isn't that big of a deal, but just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if it is a known limitation. Appreciate it!

Yah, that's a known limitation of the Kickr. It's not really that big of a deal unless your FTP is around 100. If you want it changed, email Wahoo. This is one of the things we'd like them to add to a firmware update :).

You aren't losing anything though, so don't worry.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

Thanks man! :) We really appreciate comments like this one.

Hopefully computrainer reads it and starts bundling our software... ;)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate,

When downloading workout files from TrainerRoad to my Mac, is there a way I can specify to which folder on the computer that the file downloads? Right now they just get lumped into the download file just like everything else and then I go in and manually move them to another file so that I can easily find them. Just wondering if there's a way I can specify that folder so that they go straight into it when I download.

Thanks,
Nate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just signed up and did the 20 minute test, it went very smoothly and I'm very much looking forward to my next workouts (in a sick sense).

I plan on following one of your training plans. Is there a way to "schedule" a training plan, as opposed to just looking at the plan page and doing them in the order specified?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

I tried searching for this answer, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to mass export all my Trainerroad rides?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anitan1 wrote:
Hey Nate,

When downloading workout files from TrainerRoad to my Mac, is there a way I can specify to which folder on the computer that the file downloads? Right now they just get lumped into the download file just like everything else and then I go in and manually move them to another file so that I can easily find them. Just wondering if there's a way I can specify that folder so that they go straight into it when I download.

Thanks,
Nate

There's no way to specify the folder :(.

https://tapiriik.com/ syncs with TR now, and you can sync those with a drop box folder. That might be an easy way to get at your files.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [YTS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YTS wrote:
I just signed up and did the 20 minute test, it went very smoothly and I'm very much looking forward to my next workouts (in a sick sense).

I plan on following one of your training plans. Is there a way to "schedule" a training plan, as opposed to just looking at the plan page and doing them in the order specified?

No, not yet :(. We're looking to add that this winter.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Nate,

I tried searching for this answer, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to mass export all my Trainerroad rides?

Not directly in TrainerRoad, but it is possible!

The best thing to do would probably be to sync your TR account with https://tapiriik.com/ and also sync that with a Dropbox folder.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, as long as it's in the backlog I'm satisfied. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, first I absolutely love trainerroad, but I have a couple questions.

I have a CT and up until now, I have only been using TR with ERG mode. I tried the 20 min test and when the CT changed to slope, the CT got "choppy" is the best way that I can describe it. Have you ever heard this from anyone? I think it may be a calibration issue but I am not sure.

Second thing is about CTConsole. This is open after I close trainerroad and hammers my CPU. Is there anyone to get this process to shut down when trainerroad does. It's not a huge deal, just a little PIA to remember to kill it every time I am done. I am on OSX Yosemite.

Again, awesome product and probably the best value in this whole sport!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [fast_scooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fast_scooter wrote:
Nate, first I absolutely love trainerroad, but I have a couple questions.

I have a CT and up until now, I have only been using TR with ERG mode. I tried the 20 min test and when the CT changed to slope, the CT got "choppy" is the best way that I can describe it. Have you ever heard this from anyone? I think it may be a calibration issue but I am not sure.

Second thing is about CTConsole. This is open after I close trainerroad and hammers my CPU. Is there anyone to get this process to shut down when trainerroad does. It's not a huge deal, just a little PIA to remember to kill it every time I am done. I am on OSX Yosemite.

Again, awesome product and probably the best value in this whole sport!

I hear you on the CTConsole issue. We've actually got a fix for that one (finally) coming out soon! :)

I haven't heard of the CT getting choppy. Could you have been going very slow or been in a high slope?

Thanks for the kind words! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,
Used TR for my first 70.3 back in May - it made the bike leg so much easier and it took some thinking out of my training for that event.
The bike legs that TR gave me helped me to catch a long time competitor, historically he is a much better a swimmer and a stronger cyclist, so I didn't thing that was going to be possible.
It was satisfying to not only get a much better personal result than I was anticipating, but also to be able to watch someone that I thought would beat me run down the chute after I'd already collected my medal. The TR 70,3 plan played a big part in that result for sure.

Any plans to make a 140.6 version of these plans? I was trying to make my own hybrid plan using the 70.3 plan as a base and trying to extend many of the rides, but if you have something on the immediate horizon that will make my life a whole lot easier that's for sure..?

Its about the entire journey, not just the moment you cross the line.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [HendrikMDik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HendrikMDik wrote:
Hi Nate,
Used TR for my first 70.3 back in May - it made the bike leg so much easier and it took some thinking out of my training for that event.
The bike legs that TR gave me helped me to catch a long time competitor, historically he is a much better a swimmer and a stronger cyclist, so I didn't thing that was going to be possible.
It was satisfying to not only get a much better personal result than I was anticipating, but also to be able to watch someone that I thought would beat me run down the chute after I'd already collected my medal. The TR 70,3 plan played a big part in that result for sure.

Any plans to make a 140.6 version of these plans? I was trying to make my own hybrid plan using the 70.3 plan as a base and trying to extend many of the rides, but if you have something on the immediate horizon that will make my life a whole lot easier that's for sure..?

Wow man, that's awesome! Did you have a measured FTP gain? If so, could I feature you as a "winner" of TrainerRoad? If you're interested please email alex@trainerroad.com. I really like the story of beating your "nemesis". I lost to my nemesis this year in a 70.3 by 17 seconds :(. He's the co-founder of TrainerRoad so I didn't have the TR advantage against him :). I had a mechanical take 2 minutes out of my race too. Boo hoo.

Anyways, on to Ironman! We've talked about a full Ironman plan but we don't think anyone would do the long rides indoors. 4-5 hour indoor rides are brutal and we don't want to set people up for failure. Maybe we could do it where we just have the long indoor ride but suggest that people do them outside.

We do have some suggestions about how to tweak our current half distance plan into a full distance plan. You can check that out here: http://support.trainerroad.com/...f-Distance-Triathlon

Hope that helps.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Figured I would bump this up as its the most "official" of the TR pages.

Nate, I noticed you guys have revamped the plan portion of the site. First off, it looks great and I like the additions in the build section.

Question for you; I had previously contemplated doing Sweet Spot Mid III (which i completed two weeks ago) and then Trad Base II & III over the next two months before moving into the Novice Competitor Build.

SS3 was awesome and i saw a nice FTP rise from 267 to 305, and I think the additional base work will be good over the next while until I move to build in the spring.

Of the new build choices which is closest to the "old" competitor build plans you had in place? There doesn't seem to be anything like it, and I'm not sure if the Sustained Power Build is the right thing, or if there is more in the works.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
HendrikMDik wrote:
Hi Nate,

Wow man, that's awesome! Did you have a measured FTP gain? If so, could I feature you as a "winner" of TrainerRoad? If you're interested please email alex@trainerroad.com. I really like the story of beating your "nemesis". I lost to my nemesis this year in a 70.3 by 17 seconds :(. He's the co-founder of TrainerRoad so I didn't have the TR advantage against him :). I had a mechanical take 2 minutes out of my race too. Boo hoo.

Anyways, on to Ironman! We've talked about a full Ironman plan but we don't think anyone would do the long rides indoors. 4-5 hour indoor rides are brutal and we don't want to set people up for failure. Maybe we could do it where we just have the long indoor ride but suggest that people do them outside.

We do have some suggestions about how to tweak our current half distance plan into a full distance plan. You can check that out here: http://support.trainerroad.com/...f-Distance-Triathlon

Hope that helps.

The maybe part sounds like a great approach. I am new to TR and signed up for my first full IM in August. Make it so :), I need a Full IM plan. I also noticed that your half IM plans are 12 weeks. If you developed a full IM plan, would it also be 12 weeks or more like a 24 week plan. Currently I have a loosely defined 30 week plan for my IM training. A 30 week (or close to it)TR bike plan would have been ideal
Quote Reply

Prev Next