Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mooseknuckle69 wrote:
So I have the Wahoo fitness key any idea how I or is there an adapter so that I could connect this to my macbook pro? As I understand it the Wahoo Fitness key reads Ant+ so I need to somehow connect this to my laptop or do you have an iPhone version of the program?

The wahoo fitness key only works with an iOS device. For your laptop to pick up ANT+, you need an ANT+ USB Stick.

We don't have a mobile version yet, but we plan on making one. It's still a ways out though and if you want to get a good workout with us this winter I suggest on getting an ANT+ USB Stick.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it...that is all

keep up the great work. I like that I can't figure out if your ultimate goal is to become a bazillionaire or just provide an incredible service that is long overdue. You are already on your way to one of them and I think the other starts Dec. 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jheebner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jheebner wrote:
love it...that is all

keep up the great work. I like that I can't figure out if your ultimate goal is to become a bazillionaire or just provide an incredible service that is long overdue. You are already on your way to one of them and I think the other starts Dec. 1st.

I sent this one to my wife :). Thanks! Really made my Friday :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jheebner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. Nate, this is really good stuff - well done!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Paul_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great product. Did first workout last night while watching a DVD. Looking forward to/dreading future workouts.

Randy
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what workouts do you guys recommend for IM training?

Done the 20 min FTP and Darwin a number of times......
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ripas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up last night. Looks really good. I have a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer and a Garmin Heart rate strap. I'm still waiting for my ant+ stick and my cadence sensor to arrive. Will I need anything else?

Can't wait to get on the pain train.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ripas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripas wrote:
So what workouts do you guys recommend for IM training?

Done the 20 min FTP and Darwin a number of times......

Depending on how far out you are, I would just work your way through the base plan and onto the FTP builder plans.

Combine that with a long ride during the weekend and you'll have a pretty good foundation. During the winter, I would just add another 1.5-3 hour ride on the other weekend day, but only if you have time. If you want to ride more I would add Sweet Spot Training intervals on the other days.

The higher you get your FTP the better you're going to do on your IM bike leg.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [King of Pain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King of Pain wrote:
I signed up last night. Looks really good. I have a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer and a Garmin Heart rate strap. I'm still waiting for my ant+ stick and my cadence sensor to arrive. Will I need anything else?

Can't wait to get on the pain train.

You'll need a speed sensor. Are you getting a Speed/Cadence sensor like the GSC 10?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,

Yes, I'm getting the GSC10 speed/cadence sensor. They will all be Garmin sensors
Last edited by: King of Pain: Nov 21, 11 10:27
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [King of Pain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,

I just signed up for TrainerRoad yesterday and did a 20 minute FTP test to establish a baseline. So far, so good - I really like the software! I noticed that you've added the Sufferfest "A Very Dark Place" video to the workouts. How does the timing of this work? Do you just start pedaling at the very beginning of the video? I'm just curious as to what I need to do to sync up the video and TrainerRoad.

I hope you don't mind me asking this in a public forum - I thought it might be helpful for anybody else interested in doing Sufferfest vids along with TrainerRoad. I'm really impressed with what you've got going here, and having the Sufferfest videos mixed in adds a lot to the experience.

Of course, the annoying subsequent question is: when do you plan to add the rest of the Sufferfest videos to TrainerRoad? :)

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We weren't planning on releasing any Sufferfest workouts until we had our video integration out, but we couldn't help our selves :).

For now, just start both of them at the same time.

I'm working on it though so the video and workout will be in sync. So if you stop pedaling (that pauses the workout) it will pause the video. If you start, it will start the video. You'll also be able to jump around in the video and it will jump around in the workout.

When I get that done, we'll release the rest of the Sufferfest workouts. They are in the hopper now just waiting for me to get my development done.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, this is great - I can't wait to try this out. Great job, and thanks for the quick reply!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate,
I just completed a 6 week plan and did another 20 min test, my wattage increased by 12 watts!!

We are spending a week in SC then on down to Key West for our last tri of the year.
I feel very very strong going into this race... Thanks to TR.

While in SC we will not have access to the internet. Will TR still work and then once we get home will rides update?

Once again thanks!!
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heliix wrote:
Hey Nate,
I just completed a 6 week plan and did another 20 min test, my wattage increased by 12 watts!!

We are spending a week in SC then on down to Key West for our last tri of the year.
I feel very very strong going into this race... Thanks to TR.

While in SC we will not have access to the internet. Will TR still work and then once we get home will rides update?

Once again thanks!!
Mike

Yup! It works offline and will update once you get back online.

Great to hear about your increase. Let me know how your race goes.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to do a heart rate workout, but also display power, and vice versa?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [rlanger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, under profile you can choose "Heart Rate" as your workout type. The workouts will be scaled by LTHR instead of FTP. I THINK it still shows power...but I forget.

The workout graph is scaled for HR though. So if you're putting out 300 watts but your LTHR is 160, it might be hard to see the power at the top while you workout. For post ride analysis you'll be able to see both though.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,
This looks like something I might want to try, however I usually only ride the trainer early in the season.
Will the subscription be easy to end and rejoin throughout the year?
Thanks,
Nick
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [NickJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! We understand that some of you only want to ride in the winter.

Everything is month to month, you can end your subscription at any time.

We have two options when you do:
Suspend Account
Delete Account

Suspend account leaves everything the way it is. You can still view the workouts you've done and your career page. You won't have access to the desktop player, new workouts and our plans. If you want to come back later, you can re-activate your account and pick up right where you left off.

Delete account is the nuclear option. This deletes everything about you on TrainerRoad. You will be dead to us. This is the option if you really hate us :).

Both options delete your credit card on file.

We suspect (hope) most people who want to only train indoors a few months out of the year will choose suspend account and join us later.

I also hope that after doing some really good structured indoor workouts that you might choose to ride the trainer a bit in the summer...i know...crazy. Weekday mornings/evenings it's a good time saver and you can get a really good workout. That's kind of a hard sell for some of you though :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got a great idea going here. Wish you luck because I will definitely be spending the winter and most of the season with you. (probably more than my wife... don't tell her that)

I am looking at the GSC-10 for speed and cadence. Would it have enough power to stream to my laptop if the laptop was about 8+feet away from the GSC-10 unit? I was also looking at the Bontrager digital speed and cadence sensor. Which one would you recommend or Wahoo is the answer?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up during Beta. Have to wait till Jan for my Grmin910xt, so till then have no ant+ stack or ant+. Will my username and password stay the same till then, which of course then I will purchase,.?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Yes, under profile you can choose "Heart Rate" as your workout type. The workouts will be scaled by LTHR instead of FTP. I THINK it still shows power...but I forget.

The workout graph is scaled for HR though. So if you're putting out 300 watts but your LTHR is 160, it might be hard to see the power at the top while you workout. For post ride analysis you'll be able to see both though.

Nate I'm using beta... Any way to transfer workout file to wko+?

Edit, foot pod hr and treadmill on iPad?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericM35-39: Nov 27, 11 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
You got a great idea going here. Wish you luck because I will definitely be spending the winter and most of the season with you. (probably more than my wife... don't tell her that)

I am looking at the GSC-10 for speed and cadence. Would it have enough power to stream to my laptop if the laptop was about 8+feet away from the GSC-10 unit? I was also looking at the Bontrager digital speed and cadence sensor. Which one would you recommend or Wahoo is the answer?

Thanks.

Yah, it should. If you get a USB extension cable like this one:http://www.amazon.com/...20558379&sr=8-17 you shouldn't have any battery problems.

That's a crazy long one though, you could go much shorter than that.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
I signed up during Beta. Have to wait till Jan for my Grmin910xt, so till then have no ant+ stack or ant+. Will my username and password stay the same till then, which of course then I will purchase,.?

Yes, when we leave the beta you'll just have to go to the sign up page while signed in. Your username/password will stay the same.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next