Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
irncpl wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
It went well :). Can't talk too much about it at the moment but I think we'll get it out in a couple months.

We're starting indoor cycle training up here in NZ on 15 May through to September. Any chance we could be beta testers?

Currently looking at Perfpro as it already offers multi users sharing an ANT stick - up to 8 devices on one ANT stick. Only downside there is that it appears the ANT stick is limiting the number of connected devices until a way to use multiple ANT sticks is found...or have you solved that?

We've solved that. We're focusing on online stuff first before we do more at the same location.

May 15 is start date and we want as much multi-user as we can get. Understand why you have been focussed on the northern hempisphere over your winter, but some multi-user stuff up here in the southern hemisphere as we move indoors would be nice.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [irncpl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, we really want to get a lot of southern hemesphere guys this winter. We're pretty focused on it. We'll get our features out ASAP.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:
I guess I should've actually tried the beta when I had the chance. I use a Cycleops 300 Pro Indoor Cycle. I finally got around to setting up TrainerRoad yesterday only to realize that while the Cycleops 300 Pro is ANT+, it's only ANT+ to the Joule and does not communicate with other ANT+ devices (like my Garmin ANT stick).

Nate, any suggestions that you're aware of or did I just give you $10 for nothing. :-)

You should get a refund from us. Go here: https://www.trainerroad.com/...ation/cancel-account

There's three choices; Suspend, Delete and Refund. Make sure you click refund. You'll get your $10 back :).

So we THINK we can handle the 300, but we aren't sure. We think it's like the power beam pro, which we are working on supporting now. But, we don't have access to a 300 to test.

Once we get power beam pro support out, let's get you a test version that you can try out the 300.

If that doesn't work, we'll contact Cycleops directly and see if they can ship us a 300 to play with.

Thanks. I'll be your guinea pig in testing the 300. Let me know.

Nate, any further info regarding Cycleops 300/400 Pro support?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Apr 28, 12 20:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're stuck until we get some support from saris. We killed two power beam pros trying to control them. We can't seem to get it back into a state to use it to workout! That's why we haven't released support for it yet :). We also need some support for them to control the 400 or read from the older 300s. Some of the newer 300s are supposed to output the ANT power profile.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate,

First time user on the turbo last week. I connected my power tap and garmin and it appeared connected before I opened the video. Then when I opened the video (sufferfest) it only displayed the current power target and the next power level on screen. I can't seem to make it display my power while cycling. Also, it didn't record my power after the session looking back at my career, any thoughts?

Thanks,

G

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [legs11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
legs11 wrote:
Hey Nate,

First time user on the turbo last week. I connected my power tap and garmin and it appeared connected before I opened the video. Then when I opened the video (sufferfest) it only displayed the current power target and the next power level on screen. I can't seem to make it display my power while cycling. Also, it didn't record my power after the session looking back at my career, any thoughts?

Thanks,

G

Yah, that means it's not really paired. Are you sure it paired correctly? If your comp is pretty far away, it could have dropped the signal. Also, wireless keyboards and/or mice could interfere with the ANT stick, so don't let them sit next to each other.

Try this, pair your power with TrainerRoad and just spin a bit. You should see the numbers on the Device tab moving. If that works, that means it's paired.

Silly question, did you have an ANT USB stick plugged in? You mention you had your Garmin connected. We can't read the data from the garmin (like if that's plugged in via USB). You can still use your Garmin at the same time, but we need that ANT USB stick to read data.

If you still have problems you can e-mail me at support@trainerroad.com and we'll figure it out. We've never not been able to connect someone :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paired it in the devices tab and it read 99% connection and when I spun a little bit the watts appeared on the devices tab thing (laptop/bike both didn't move further away), but then after going to workouts and starting the video it just showed the power levels current and next, and looking at my history on Trainerroad now it didn't record the HR data either. I remember the HRM paired as well on the devices tab and was reading it before we started.

Also, I have a Powertap, so should that pick up speed and cadence itself without pairing sensors? I recorded the ride so have all the data in golden cheetah anyway, it just didn't allow me to use it on screen with trainer road. The only other thing I can think of is I had my iPhone plugged in to the other USB at the time, but that was already there when I paired the devices.

Is there a way to manually arrange how you want the screen to appear (power/cadence/HR readings positions)?

Thanks, looks great once i'm using it right!

G

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm. Not sure what's going on. Can you try again when you get a chance and see if it's working. If not, let's schedule a go to meeting so Reid and I can see what's happening. We should be able to see if it's an ANT stick issue (we've seen some bad ones), a ANT+ signal issue, or (gasp) a TrainerRoad bug.

Yes, we should read cadence and speed from your powertap. We don't show speed while you workout (it's pointless by itself on the trainer) but we do record it and it's included in the tcx file you can download.

There isn't a way to manually change the positions, it goes Power, target power, heart, cadence. We plan on making the customizable in the future.

So if it doesn't work next time you try drop us a line at support@trainerroad.com and we'll schedule that meeting if that's okay.

Sorry about the problem man, again, we'll get this figured out! :)

-Nate

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, i'll have another go and contact you, i've got two Ant sticks so will try both and let you know,

Happy Training,

G

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We added support to download workouts for use on the CycleOps 400. Newer 300IC and 400IC should pair as an ANT+ power meter. I'm not sure if CycleOps has an upgrade package for older ones. But you should still be able to use the workouts on older ones with a Joule.
You can read about the workout download here: http://blog.trainerroad.com/...werbeam-pro-support/

theSufferfest.com
Co-Founder of TrainerRoad.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Reid Weber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reid Weber wrote:
We added support to download workouts for use on the CycleOps 400. Newer 300IC and 400IC should pair as an ANT+ power meter. I'm not sure if CycleOps has an upgrade package for older ones. But you should still be able to use the workouts on older ones with a Joule.
You can read about the workout download here: http://blog.trainerroad.com/...werbeam-pro-support/

Reid,
My 300 Pro doesn't transmit an ANT+ signal to anything but the Joule. I bought it back in November so it's pretty new. The download workout feature doesn't work on the 300.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Hmm. Not sure what's going on. Can you try again when you get a chance and see if it's working. If not, let's schedule a go to meeting so Reid and I can see what's happening. We should be able to see if it's an ANT stick issue (we've seen some bad ones), a ANT+ signal issue, or (gasp) a TrainerRoad bug.

Yes, we should read cadence and speed from your powertap. We don't show speed while you workout (it's pointless by itself on the trainer) but we do record it and it's included in the tcx file you can download.

There isn't a way to manually change the positions, it goes Power, target power, heart, cadence. We plan on making the customizable in the future.

So if it doesn't work next time you try drop us a line at support@trainerroad.com and we'll schedule that meeting if that's okay.

Sorry about the problem man, again, we'll get this figured out! :)

-Nate

Hey Nate, used it last night and plugged in my newer Ant stick and had no issues, picked up power, HR and cadence for the whole thing so happy days, great experience, so much nicer to look at the laptop instead of looking down at the garmin and meant I could turn the lights off as didn't need to watch garmin, both pluses!

Nice work!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
legs11 wrote:

Hey Nate, used it last night and plugged in my newer Ant stick and had no issues, picked up power, HR and cadence for the whole thing so happy days, great experience, so much nicer to look at the laptop instead of looking down at the garmin and meant I could turn the lights off as didn't need to watch garmin, both pluses!

Nice work!

I agree its way easier to look at the computer screen and not have to stare down at the Garmin. However, you know that the Garmin has a back-light right? Press the power button (do not hold it) and it should light up and be easily readable in the dark.

I have not done a trainer ride with the lights off. Never crossed my mind, maybe I will have to try it.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A ride in the dark is fun. It feels kind of weird and sort of primal.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do all my trainer road rides in complete darkness just the laptop and tv light up the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [irncpl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irncpl wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
irncpl wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

We're starting indoor cycle training up here in NZ on 15 May through to September. Any chance we could be beta testers?

Currently looking at Perfpro as it already offers multi users sharing an ANT stick - up to 8 devices on one ANT stick. Only downside there is that it appears the ANT stick is limiting the number of connected devices until a way to use multiple ANT sticks is found...or have you solved that?

Hi Nate, the next release of PerfPRO Studio will support more than eight devices on one ANT stick. Check the FB page as the release date gets closer. If you have any questions let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
running2far wrote:
I do all my trainer road rides in complete darkness just the laptop and tv light up the area.

Me too... seems to make the time to go faster as weird as that sounds!!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Switching topics - but what is the best way to use a Trainer Road program to mirror elevation gain found on Computrainer files? I have been using TR every week and would like to find a way to trainer for Syracuse 70.3 with its elevation gain in the first 12 miles. Any suggestions on a workout file? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just signed up today and did my first FTP test. I can't wait to get going with these workouts!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [twwphilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twwphilly wrote:
Switching topics - but what is the best way to use a Trainer Road program to mirror elevation gain found on Computrainer files? I have been using TR every week and would like to find a way to trainer for Syracuse 70.3 with its elevation gain in the first 12 miles. Any suggestions on a workout file? Thank you!

If you're racing with a power meter you should just ignore that slight elevation gain and hit your watts. The effort should be pretty even across the 56 miles.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, very excited to try your product. I just ordered the Garmin ANT + stick. As for the cadence and speed sensors will my bontrager node ANT + work or do the sensors need to also be Garmin?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [BubbaKeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the bontrager stuff works great. It doesn't need to be garmin, just ANT+.
I'm excited for you to try it!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holly crap that was a fast response. I'm signing up as soon as the ANT stick arrives. I thought it would be years before I could justify the expense to train with power. $10 a month for progressive/tailored power workouts, online training logs, video and Sufferfest integration not to mention kick ass customer support. I'm so sold buddy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, first off, I'm a big fan of your product. It's simple and functional without introducing too much unnecessary bloat.

I've done the Smith workout three times, one of which I had to cut short due to time constraints. The other two times I had an issue with the timer where it would briefly hang up and stop timing down before counting off some time (~5 seconds) at an accelerated rate. The other metrics would follow this trend, sort of freezing when the timer paused and then picking up data during the period where the timer was quickly counting. I don't know if the overall time remained the same as I don't wear a watch nor can I see a clock while on the trainer. It sure felt longer, though.

I don't know if my problem is specific to that workout. Both times I've encountered this issue it has been near the end of the session. I can't say for sure that it would happen if I did a 120 minute free ride, as these two workouts have been my longest recorded by the software.

Have you guys encountered this problem before? Do you know of any possible fixes for it? I'm hooked up on a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine through the Garmin speed sensor and ANT+ stick.

Ride 1 - Timer started acting buggy with 2-3 minutes left in the 5th interval, pausing and skipping around. Finished the interval and called it a day.
Ride 2 - Timer started acting buggy with 2-3 minutes left in the last interval, pausing and skipping around. Finished the session.

Thanks for your help.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo dood.

Yes, we've seen this on computers with slow CPUs or a lot of stuff going on the the background. What's going on is that our app is fighting for CPU usage. It sort of queues up those seconds then dumps them all out at once to catch back up.

One way to get around it is to make sure you don't have anything else running. Anti-virus software being the biggest culprit; although other stuff could do it too. Your computer could be trying to index files or something like that too since you're not touching the keyboard.

I don't think it's related to Smith at all.

It could also be your hard drive spinning up to write from memory to disk.

Let me know if any of these things ring a bell with you.

-Nate

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next