Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I finally got around to doing a ride using trainer road. I did the 20min FTP test and got a result 323. I'm a sufferfest guy who has alway done the videos by PRE. My questions may be dumb but I just wanted to confirm that now I simply take that 323 and use it to the proper effort level with sufferfest? 8/10 would be 323x80%
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Chaloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chaloo wrote:
So I finally got around to doing a ride using trainer road. I did the 20min FTP test and got a result 323. I'm a sufferfest guy who has alway done the videos by PRE. My questions may be dumb but I just wanted to confirm that now I simply take that 323 and use it to the proper effort level with sufferfest? 8/10 would be 323x80%

No. 8/10 would be about 323-340 or thereabouts--I've found that it correlates with vo2max. For mine, I like 7 to be tp. If 8 was .8*323 you'd find it too easy. So as a general rule of thumb, just take whatever value TR gave you for the FTP and have that be seven, or take 93-95 percent of the 323 value. If you can't hit the power targets, lower ftp 5 watts till you can.

owner: world's tightest psoas (TM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you open the sufferfest workout from trainer road and then open the video in their player, they will set all the targets for you...

Revolver does 10/10 for the 1' on...its defaulted to 140%. I think each video is different
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chaloo wrote:

As someone else said, you can just drop the video in TR and get the targets.

David is pretty fast and loose with the RPE. You really have to take the context of the interval in with the RPE to get the proper wattage values.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate,

I'm using a wired powertap and a Fluid 2 and on tonights ride while doing intervals, i couldn't get my watts passed 230ish. (I have the Garmin Spd/Cad sensor hooked up as well) I confirmed with my Wired PT that i was putting up the correct watts. Any clue? Possible low battey in the spd/cad sensor? The watts were spot on from around 90-175

The distance is only about 6 ft and the signal shows about 75%.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm..that's strange. Point me to the ride, I'll check it out.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something wrong there. I see your speed is correct but the watts are wrong.

Can you send me an e-mail at support@trainerroad.com and we'll figure this out?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find that when doing Fight Club in TrainerRoad, the syncronization between the 2 seems to be about 4 seconds off....the Sufferfest video is about 4 seconds ahead of the TrainerRoad profile. Both start as soon as I start pedaling, so any idea how to fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [StlTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue with Local Hero and others. I just ignore TrainerRoad's cues and use the video cues.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
I have the same issue with Local Hero and others. I just ignore TrainerRoad's cues and use the video cues.

I've been doing the same, it's just frustrating visually that my power spikes aren't in line with the TrainerRoad profile when starting/stopping the interval sets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This appears to be a common problem. I go with the trainerroad cues. Would be nice if they were a little better lined up with the videos as the cues themselves are spot on but ~4 seconds off.
Trainerroad did make The Long Scream tougher, (like it wasn't already!) I was screaming at then end!

Sorry that we are adding more on your list of things to do Nate! :)

CyclingSessions

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cyclingsessions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclingsessions wrote:
This appears to be a common problem. I go with the trainerroad cues. Would be nice if they were a little better lined up with the videos as the cues themselves are spot on but ~4 seconds off.
Trainerroad did make The Long Scream tougher, (like it wasn't already!) I was screaming at then end!

Sorry that we are adding more on your list of things to do Nate! :)

I tried going with the trainerroad cues, but it's hard for me to stay seated when those Italians are at the front attacking, I can't just stay seated for 4 seconds and let them get away with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cyclingsessions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have two things to do to fix this. The first is just to go through the workouts again by hand and adjust the timing. That should get us within a second or two. I've already done this for the long scream and revolver so hopefully those ones are right on. The second is to redo the way we sync the video and workout time.
The reason the targets are a little different for each video is because I scaled them down a bit to make the workouts very hard but doable. Just using the RPE targets and converting them to %FTP using Coggan's scale made them have an IF of over 1.0

theSufferfest.com
Co-Founder of TrainerRoad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StlTri wrote:
I tried going with the trainerroad cues, but it's hard for me to stay seated when those Italians are at the front attacking, I can't just stay seated for 4 seconds and let them get away with that.

lol... I like that comment, the competitiveness in all of us...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StlTri wrote:
I find that when doing Fight Club in TrainerRoad, the syncronization between the 2 seems to be about 4 seconds off....the Sufferfest video is about 4 seconds ahead of the TrainerRoad profile. Both start as soon as I start pedaling, so any idea how to fix this?

Yah, we could have the video timing wrong. We've also noticed that some slower computers could lag the video.

But in your case, the ticks are ahead! So that sounds like our file is wrong. I'm asking Reid about it right now. I'll report back with more info.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - you guys just keep getting better! Love the 1.4 revision and the online viewing of workouts/career. Nice.

Re: Trainer road.com [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man. The PR stuff I'm working on is going to be sweeeetttt. I'm pretty excited about it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to add an option to switch between 3s power and 10s power, etc... Or just generally change the viewable screens? My powertap powermeter seems to be quite noisy and I can normally fix it by viewing a longer interval power on my garmin.

Also why isn't there an auto upload to training peaks? I thought that was supposed to be in the works a few months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Dbishop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Searching through the program I just noted the option for power smoothing... I didn't notice whenever that got added.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Dbishop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't have any plans to change the display.

We do have 3 and 5 second power smoothing options under profile. Is that what you're looking for? Or do you want a 10 second option? I think 5 secs is good on the trainer since you're so smooth anyways.

Training peaks auto upload got put on hold after we got the Tcx download going. Most people were satisfied with that and would like our efforts elseware.

That being said. I'm totally down to finish that. It's not too hard and adds a good amount of value.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome product!
Is there a way to select cadence source if you have a power meter and are using the garmin combined speed/cadence sensor? the program defaults to using the speed/cadence sensor for cadence, but I want it to use the power meters cadence reading instead since I only use the speed/cadence sensor for speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The priority list of which sensor TR uses for cadence is:

Speed/Cadence sensor
Cadence sensor
Power meter
Computrainer

They don't want to do an interface to give users control of this as it might complicate things for most people, but I'm with you. I'd love to see an "advanced settings" page where we can re-arrange this order. As of now, no, you can't change this.

--Donnie
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you could just go into devices and "unpair" your cadence sensor when you wanted to use the power meter data instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [txnovice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
txnovice wrote:
Maybe you could just go into devices and "unpair" your cadence sensor when you wanted to use the power meter data instead.

Can't do that if you still want the wheelspeed data.

--Donnie
Quote Reply

Prev Next