Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [VanDrunken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VanDrunken wrote:
Nate and Reid,

Just a heads up. When you guys release local multi-player support, I have about 10-15 guys that will be signing up just so that they can participate in our group training sessions.
I demoed TR to my buddy who owns the LBS I frequent and he was amazed. I sold him on the idea of bringing it into his shop and hosting multiplayer sessions when it becomes available. ;) No pressure.

You guys need a salesperson? Your product is SO easy to sell. haha

Awesome!

I want to setup gold sprints (both online and at shops) along with regular workouts. We're working with a trainer manufacturer to hopefully get this setup in bike shops.

How fun would that be? You'd just need a couple trainers a bunch of guys willing to suffer. You'd have a tournament bracket until there's just one man standing (literally).

There's that new speed sensor that's really easy to change between bikes too. Although the LBS could just sell them and make it a requirement :).

LBS gets to sell trainers, ANT+ Stick and ANT sensors. He also gets a lot of people in his shop having fun. Sounds like a blast to me!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hillier99 wrote:
Nate;

This may be operator error, but am I doing this the easiest way possible?

I am working on the "Early Build" plan. In order to select my next ride, I call up the TR website, call up "Plans" and check to see what the next ride in that plan is. Then I have to go to the app and search on that ride. Once it comes up, I click on it and away I go.

Is there a way to call up the plan, click on the next ride that I'm scheduled to do and have it come up "ready to ride"? It seems odd that I have to go from the plan on the website over to the app to start my ride.

By the way, I'm 3 quarters thru the Early Build plan and it's starting to get a little more serious. I'm alternating the ride days with my swimming and running. I already feel like I'm more prepared for this season than I was in March/April of last year. Great job guys.

Brad

Yes, that's the "Easiest" way possible but I agree that it's not as simple as it should be. I want to make it so that you have a calendar where you can subscribe to plans or schedule your own. I'm holding off on that until I get some of the online stuff done, that's where you can schedule rides with friends too.

Great to hear! Yah, it does get more serious. Wait until you get into the build stuff. That's where you'll see the biggest gains. I can't wait for everyone to race this season and see some real improvements :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback Chad. I think I'll do them both, starting with the E3 one. I promise to give a detailed report at the end of the suffering!!

Regards,
Liam
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Chad. I think I'll do them both, starting with the E3 one. I promise to give a detailed report at the end of the suffering!!

Regards,
Liam

That'd be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks, Liam.

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate,

Is there even a rough ETA on when we will be able to program our own workouts? I have 3 different workouts that change every week and it would be great to have them set up in TR. I have a few training buddies who have seen my set up with your software and they like it but dont see the value until they can program in their own workouts too.

Thanks in advance for any ETA you can give.

Thanks!

Bill

--------------------------------------------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well . . .
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
# ..Steve McQueen as Michael DeVaney in Le Mans (1971)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thought I share this with ST and thanks to Nate for pointing it out. Just got the Suunto movestick (link) today and was very impressed how small this thing is. I can just keep it plugged in to my laptop all the time. These are some photos I took. I tried it quickly with TR and seems to connect to my garmin HR and speed and cadence with no problem. Will give it a full test tomorrow morning.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
....Just got the Suunto movestick (link) today and was very impressed how small this thing is.....

Nice.

I'd lose it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please keep us informed. I want one, but want to know if it will work and how far away the signal hits.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bilwil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bilwil wrote:
Nate,

Is there even a rough ETA on when we will be able to program our own workouts? I have 3 different workouts that change every week and it would be great to have them set up in TR. I have a few training buddies who have seen my set up with your software and they like it but dont see the value until they can program in their own workouts too.

Thanks in advance for any ETA you can give.

Thanks!

Bill

We don't have an ETA now, but I think as soon as I quit my job I'll be able to pump this out...and hopefully I'll be quitting soon!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you use a modified Erg format, you can pull them in from ErgDB like Golden Cheetah does

PM me if you want to talk about this.

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [stratman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stratman05 wrote:
Since you use a modified Erg format, you can pull them in from ErgDB like Golden Cheetah does

PM me if you want to talk about this.

We will be able to, but we'd have to modify the file.

The main part that is difficult is the GUI/storage/sharing of workouts. Well...it's not that difficult it just takes a while to build it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Random question for you, do you know why .3 lbs are added to my weight in my profile? Do you think I'm lying :)

onelap2go is the user name
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
running2far wrote:
Random question for you, do you know why .3 lbs are added to my weight in my profile? Do you think I'm lying :)

onelap2go is the user name

We assume that everyone lies about their weight so we add .3 lbs...

I convert weight to KG in the db and back to LBS. My conversion is off. That's why there's that .3 lbs difference. It's on the list to fix. So much to do! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer86 wrote:
Please keep us informed. I want one, but want to know if it will work and how far away the signal hits.
Tried it this morning for 1:15 ride and it worked flawlessly. Garmin speed/cadence sensor distance to laptop is around 5-6ft. Best part about it is I can just leave it plugged into my laptop and not have to worry about it breaking off or misplacing it somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize its quite superfluous after this many pages of discussion, but I love Trainerroad so far! Ive only done two workouts since I got my powermeter on Tuesday, but I am very impressed. Exciting to be getting onto the site near the beginning where the developers are so involved and keep cranking out new features. This makes me want to spend even more time indoors!

Is it safe to assume I could use this progression of plans to supplement IMKY training, with the exception of long rides?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
Printer86 wrote:

Tried it this morning for 1:15 ride and it worked flawlessly. Garmin speed/cadence sensor distance to laptop is around 5-6ft. Best part about it is I can just leave it plugged into my laptop and not have to worry about it breaking off or misplacing it somewhere.

Awesome! Yah, we should highlight that on our website. Looks like a better solution.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [nugent44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nugent44 wrote:
I realize its quite superfluous after this many pages of discussion, but I love Trainerroad so far! Ive only done two workouts since I got my powermeter on Tuesday, but I am very impressed. Exciting to be getting onto the site near the beginning where the developers are so involved and keep cranking out new features. This makes me want to spend even more time indoors!

Is it safe to assume I could use this progression of plans to supplement IMKY training, with the exception of long rides?

That's safe to assume. I would pile on some longer stuff too. We're working on the ability for you to add workouts.

We did have someone e-mail us who does 95% of his training indoors and he qualified for kona :). He's pretty pumped that he's found us now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 - i have a lanyard on my garmin stick and i still lose it every now and then

morey000 wrote:
3Dealz wrote:
....Just got the Suunto movestick (link) today and was very impressed how small this thing is.....

Nice.

I'd lose it.

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone who is using one of the plans with rides on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday tell me how they are working their runs in? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [IBA23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IBA23 wrote:
Can anyone who is using one of the plans with rides on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday tell me how they are working their runs in? Thanks

monday, wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Although- Saturday isn't a TrainerRoad day. the weather is too nice where I live for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun.

One thing I've noticed is that as the weekly TR workouts are getting harder, I'm starting to suffer a bit more on the subsequent runs. I am planning a nice recovery week after I'm done this session.

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to work the Barry P plan in....running 6 days/week. The TR workouts are getting harder so I may try going back to those days. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still recovering from a sprained ankle, so I'm just biking and swimming for another week or two. However, I follow the basic guidelines of BarryP when it comes to running (run often, but don't run hard often). I incorporate my Swimming and Biking into his schedule by alternating between two types of workout days.

Day A: Swim workout, Run workout
Day B: Bike workout, Short & Easy Run

My run workouts each week usually contain one tempo run, one marathon pace run and one long run.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate/Chad,

Loving Trainerroad - congratulations on building such a great app. But would love a few more Threshold workouts of 40-45-50 mins. Thunderbolt is my stock 'get home late from work' ride and I would love some more variety.

Thks,
RichA
http://www.trainerroad.com/career/RichA
Last edited by: RichA: Feb 4, 12 6:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Dealz wrote:
thought I share this with ST and thanks to Nate for pointing it out. Just got the Suunto movestick (link) today and was very impressed how small this thing is. I can just keep it plugged in to my laptop all the time. These are some photos I took. I tried it quickly with TR and seems to connect to my garmin HR and speed and cadence with no problem. Will give it a full test tomorrow morning.

I just ordered one too. Looking forward to just keeping it plugged into my computer.

Quote Reply

Prev Next