Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TrainerRoad/Kickr Drop outs?
Quote | Reply
I've been using TrainerRoad along with the Wahoo kickr and I am having problems with the Kickr dropping out. The Kickr and TrainerRoad is up to date on firmware.

I am using a new Macbook Pro (it has the latest Bluetooth) and I have the Garmin ANT+ usb piece. it does not seem to matter if I use ANT+ or bluetooth as I am constantly getting poor/bad or no signal on the Kickr. My laptop is within 3 feet of the Kickr. Reception with my Tickr HR strap is perfect with either bluetooth or ant+, so it appears limited to my Kickr. I do unplug/replug my kickr, and it seems to help temporarily.

Has anyone had any problems like this? Have they found a solution? I am getting very frustrated, and am running out of ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad/Kickr Drop outs? [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seems unlikely since you say the tickr works, but do you have any other 2.4ghz stuff running nearby at the same time? Most consumer radio things run at 2.4ghz (bluetooth, wifi, and ANT+ included).

Microwaves:
Make sure there aren't any microwaves running nearby. Interestingly, the reason the 2.4ghz frequencies are a free-for-all is because microwaves are so noisy in that frequency that the powers that be decided they'd just make them essentially unlicensed.

Wifi:
Maybe your macbook is blasting away with wifi simultaneously and your particular wifi configuration is interfering with the ANT+ stick. You could go to your router settings and fiddle with the wifi channel the router is using to see if that might help out the ANT+ stuff. Many wifi routers can now use the 5.0ghz channel, which might help you out. Changing the channel (usually channels 0 through 11 are available) should be compatible with all devices, but switching to 5ghz might make your wifi network incompatible with older devices.

Positioning: It sounds like your ANT+ stick is close, but it could always get closer :-) Try getting a 6ft male->female USB extension cable and stick the ANT+ stick right beside the kickr.

Other than that, I've other issues with my kickr, but never signal strength. My kickr is probably 8ft from my PC and until it died, it always connected quickly and strongly.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jun 30, 15 18:56
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad/Kickr Drop outs? [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that! Check out this article which isn't Kickr specific, but gives a ton of solutions to different variables that can cause interferences on both ANT+ and BT: http://support.trainerroad.com/...2644-Device-Dropouts

If nothing jumps out at you, please shoot us an email at support@trainerroad.com and someone from our support crew will take a closer look for you.

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply