Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour of Alberta prologue
Quote | Reply
Just watched it. Hard to believe that 4 kms could hurt that much.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of Alberta prologue [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watching it PVR'd right now. Yup, looks painful. Decent little climb! I do wonder why they aren't doing any roads through the mountains - something with Parks Canada, I'm going to guess... It would be awesome to do the mountain pass Banff-Jasper though!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of Alberta prologue [brandonblanck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A UCI 2.1 stage race can only have stages a maximum length of ~165km (can't find the exact rule).

That means starting in the middle of nowhere, even if you finish in Banff or Jasper, or Canmore....etc. Then with a national park... extra bureaucracy.
Also crowds would be pretty spartan.

Sadly, most stages will be amongst the major centres that can afford to host a start/finish.

Last year was supposed to go over Highwood Pass and finish in Canmore, but the floods wiped that out. Canmore didn't want to put up the money this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of Alberta prologue [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my AB brothers but have to admit, here's how much TOAB is on my radar.... What prologue?

Who won? Who's racing? Is Svein there?

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a bitch of a climb.

Doing repeats there is a necessary evil.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't get to see any coverage yet but my mate got 2nd!!!! That guy can do anything! If you can make it to the starts, the Jelly Belly crew should have some beans if you ask nicely.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of Alberta prologue [brandonblanck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bah, how hard could it have been, my 5 year old ran up it at a Colour Run!

(Ok, it's pretty steep but that is where the Colour Run was in Calgary this year and my 5 year old did get up it, although "running" might be a bit of an exaggeration)
Quote Reply