Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Torhans Bottle Owners
Quote | Reply
My extensions have a habit of creeping towards each other (3T Brezza with risers). I currently have a Profile Design computer mount that keeps a nice fixed gap. A common problem with tall riser / pad setups and Felt has actually started to make a riser bridge to add stability on their 2013 models.

My question: Is the Torhans bottle mount rigid and would that provide some stability for my extensions. I assume that the flaps move up and down creating more or less width. Once you find the right width do they screw or clamp down / firm?

Anyone like or dislike their Torhans setup? I would be using water only with calories in another bottle so some minor spilling is okay I guess.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes they will brace your extensions. Once you get the mount in the correct spot you zip tie them down. The Torhans is great if you can figure out how to keep the straw from coming off and the water from splashing.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used small amount of krazy glue on the straw mast, doesn't budge. Haven't figured out how to prevent the splashing yet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with my extensions when using the profile design bottle. The rubber bands pull the bars together. Torhans mount is more stable and does not need rubber bands. Since switching my bars have stayed put. I use saran wrap under the lid to prevent splashing for olympics and shorter. For longer races i'd just live with the splashing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Torhans is awesome. I had an early version where the mast came off and it splashed a bit. The new model is awesome and the mast stays on ALL the time (even on those bumpy Racine roads). And the new splash cover, makes it easier to refill and it splashes VERY little. You won't be disappointed with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the idea of the Tor Hans but with the spillage and the straw covering coming loose I don't think I would buy it again. Wish I could recommend but can't. They need a few more years of development for sure

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got the latest aero20 for the short stuff and its 99% splashproof and the straw doesnt go anywhere. Not sure about the aero30, but i love my torhans 20!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a torhans on my mistral w/ risers but i am using a PD mount instead of the torhans mount. must be sturdy enough because even after removing my cpu mount at the end of my ext's, they still dont pull together. My torhans use to splash around alot but once they sent me the additional splash guard to put under the first one, it solved the splashing.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [boom808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boom808 wrote:
I have a torhans on my mistral w/ risers but i am using a PD mount instead of the torhans mount. must be sturdy enough because even after removing my cpu mount at the end of my ext's, they still dont pull together. My torhans use to splash around alot but once they sent me the additional splash guard to put under the first one, it solved the splashing.

X2

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Torhans mount has hinged wings that allow you to adjust to the width of your aero bars. While the hinges themselves do have some internal friction and resistance to movement, they don't actually lock down into a rigid state. When you zip-tie the mount to your aerobars, it can still move if enough force is put on it. So if your aero bars slowly creep closer together, the aero mount wings will move with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [siberian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That was what I was after. I might retain a computer mount like the one below between the ends of the bars to keep them level and then use the Torhans. Seems like a nice setup.

siberian wrote:
The Torhans mount has hinged wings that allow you to adjust to the width of your aero bars. While the hinges themselves do have some internal friction and resistance to movement, they don't actually lock down into a rigid state. When you zip-tie the mount to your aerobars, it can still move if enough force is put on it. So if your aero bars slowly creep closer together, the aero mount wings will move with them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sell you mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I did to completely eliminate spillage in the Torhans was to put one of these in inside the bottle: https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=151

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
What I did to completely eliminate spillage in the Torhans was to put one of these in inside the bottle: https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=151

I was previously fed up with the Torhans system. This sponge by JetStream is awesome and makes thus hydration system ideal. Spillage ELIMINATED.

There is one caveat, the straw mast. I tired gluing it, but it didn't last. Then I saw a ST post about using "O" rings, GENIUS! Two bucks at Home Depot and there is one happy triathlete.

Torhans definitely put their product out prematurely. Triathletes buy anything and everything, the more expensive, the better. Maybe one day Torhans will use all the money we have given them to include the extra $5 worth of necessary accessories to make this product usable.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [digitalfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
digitalfitness wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

I was previously fed up with the Torhans system. This sponge by JetStream is awesome and makes thus hydration system ideal. Spillage ELIMINATED.

There is one caveat, the straw mast. I tired gluing it, but it didn't last. Then I saw a ST post about using "O" rings, GENIUS! Two bucks at Home Depot and there is one happy triathlete.

Torhans definitely put their product out prematurely. Triathletes buy anything and everything, the more expensive, the better. Maybe one day Torhans will use all the money we have given them to include the extra $5 worth of necessary accessories to make this product usable.

Have to agree the Jetstream sponge did the trick for me. I haven't tried the O rings though for the mast. I'll have to give that a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got an email a few days ago from Torhans - apparently gen 3 bottle with fixes is imminent, including a straw mast change that stops it falling off. I've secured mine with some fierce duct tape for now...works a treat but looks bad. The little Velcro strap at the front if the bracket also sucks....I suggested a change to one with a permanent loop at one side. I'm actually using a fresh cable tie or two every ride just now which has worked very well and totally eliminated rattling. Again, ghetto but effective.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [digitalfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume the O rings are placed over the straw and sit between the straw and the mast??? Just trying to visualize it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would imagine the o ring sits on the bottle itself... around the cylindrical insert where the straw inserts into the bottle. That's at least what I would do if I was getting o rings.

Do people still have splash issues with the v2 bottle? I have the splash guard and I cut one of the flaps off so refilling would be faster. I'm having splash issues and I'm growing less and less tolerable of it. Just curious if anyone has had any contact with torhans on a solution in the near future.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
Thanks. That was what I was after. I might retain a computer mount like the one below between the ends of the bars to keep them level and then use the Torhans. Seems like a nice setup.

siberian wrote:

Just be aware that with a computer mount like that one, you may run into space constraints with fitting your bottle in there. In other words, you'll have to slide the bottle mount forward to fit the computer mount in behind it. If your aero bars aren't long enough, you might run out of room before you hit the bent section of the aero bar. Have you looked at other solutions to fix your slipping aero bars? Correct torque on the bolts? Carbon paste? Or possibly a new base bar with fixed position aero extensions (as seen on 3T Aura, Zipp Vuka)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must have a newer generation bottle. I have an Aero 20 purchased about six months ago. The aero mast on the straw fits very tight to the bottle. It also has a second small hole in it that slips over a "nipple" on the top of the bottle just behind the straw opening. This keeps it in place and I can't see any way that thing would fall off unless you yanked it off.

And I just used "tight", "small hole", "nipple", and "yanked it off" in the same paragraph while somehow managing to keep it PG rated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
siberian wrote:
Just be aware that with a computer mount like that one, you may run into space constraints with fitting your bottle in there?

I was thinking of having the bottle nearer the bar and the computer mount just behind the shifters for easy viewing, taping behind them.

I have looked into a number of ways of avoiding slippage. All of the ones you mention. I am hoping that the new Felt riser plates fit the 3T as that would be a perfect solution, failing that I could get one made.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either follow all the steps here (o-rings so you don't lose your aero straw, pads under your support rig) or do yourself a favor and make a between the arms bottle by ziptying a cage to your bars and getting a Speedfil A2.
I have the Torhans 30, raced without reading all the 'extra' things you have to do and was very dissatisfied.
One thing that I did that I didn't see where was putting a rubber band around my zip tied cables near my head tube and wrapping that around my Torhans near the bottom third, this helped splashing at least a little (but every bump still gave me a shower).

You can see what I did to my bike here: http://supergosam.blogspot.ca/...ide-bike-review.html

Trying to find that old 60 min / 40k tt split!
http://www.supergosam.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hans has provided excellent customer service, and replaced my 1st gen shower generator with a 3rd gen bottle.
even with the cut cap, it doesn't splatter, and the aeromast stays on.

now- I can no longer count on that cool shower on hot days. I was kinda' getting used to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I too just purchased the Torhans 30. I have been waiting after reading all the reports of splashing and mast/straw issues, hoping it'll be resolved with the v3.
Today, first time riding with it, I was swearing like a sailor after getting splashed (until my water level dropped, so it couldn't splash) and constantly dealing with the mast coming off (any road bump would knock it off and left it hanging on the straw).
I was not impressed by the amount of rattling too.
Needless to say, not impressed with its maiden voyage on my P3.

So, to fix the rattling, I adhered a strip of velcro (the soft loop half) along the mount and over the top. It fixed the rattling completely. I attached a photo below.

Regarding the splashing, I do have the thin splash guard under the thick splash guard. I may have to get the ceegee filter to fix it to my satisfaction.

Not sure what to do with the mast outside glue and electric tape, yet that seems excessive. I don't see how the previously recommended "O" ring at the top would keep the mast attached to the bottle. I doesn't seem to ride up the straw. Any recommendations are welcome.

Lastly, I got the computer adapter, but placing it behind the bottle, I have to put my chin to my chest to read the screen. For my positioning, I need it to be in front of the bottle, BUT the adaptor doesn't fit that way. Again, any recommendations would be welcome. Attached is a photo of how I'd prefer it, but you can see the adaptor doesn't reach the aft of the bottle.

Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Bottle Owners [OkiTodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good idea re: velcro bit to dampen the rattle...gonna have to pinch this idea thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next