Prev Next
Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys:
Quote | Reply
Check it out if interested:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...orials/0000071.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All seriousness aside...what a hoot. Referencing Slowman as "...kind of a weirdo." ?? You crack me up.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, article, ok. But WHO is wearing that bikesport hat?

==================================
but I can deal with the angels, cause it ain’t me they’re here to claim. it’s a good night for blowing ‘em off til some other day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great article Tom

couldnt have said it better myself. What really amazes me about this place is how much people are willing to help out others that they have met face to face.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see if this works...

"And the member’s of The Peaceful Tribe wield significant influence within the industry. When the Peaceful Tribe talks on the Slowtwitch forum, the industry listens."

Cannondale, I'm still riding my CAAD4 Aero frame that I have to fix with 'Liquid Weld' every couple rides. I think everyone on the board would agree they don't want to be behind me when the frame finally collapses....that would be bad Cannondale press.... is a replacement in order ??

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice article. the evolution of the human mind is universal, instant communication.

full circle.

i think we're someways yet from that. :-)

you around over christmas week?

--
ironguides.net : Home of The Method
Join the New Generation of Champions!

--- Your best is our business. ---
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [ironguide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm here Christmas week.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Nice article. I think that you have hit the nail on the head.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude did you actually write an article about a Forum? They been around since 1979? What are you going to cover next. Email?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. Introverts really do have a lot to say.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [Squash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's huge.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, great job as usual, I know that for me, slowtwitch has become the way to talk about what I like, in a town whose main proccupation is drinking beer.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
obsessive compulsive introverts... just makes it all that much more incredible.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job Tom.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, people that don't "get it" (the "it" consisting of the various aspects of the Peaceful Tribe) as a result of reading what you have pecked out before hitting "post", are missing something good. Thanks for your contributions.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Tom....for some odd reason, my browser can't navigate anything on your site except for the Jacket Review...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good article Tom.....never really thought of it that way.

Always enjoy reading your editorials. Good stuff.

tom

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dead on the money, mate!

Quote | Reply
great artical Tom....it inspired me to finally upgrade from "lucker" to "poster" status

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice article, and well written ... you articulated something i've felt but never verbalized. i've tried to explain to my wifey and the community here, and failed. i think i'll email here the link to your article, and let her see for herself.

i often talk to her about things that 'happened' on the forum, and she looks at me like i'm nuts ... and then i'll say something like 'this guy i know in michigan, owns a bike shop, cool guy, travels a lot and has cats' and she'll ask if i met him at a race, or if i know hij from my industry days. no, i'll say, i know him from slowtwitch. and she responds with something like: 'oh ... youre addicted to that forum, you know.'

i feel as if i 'know' people on this forum more than i know people i really 'know'. but then, what does it mean to 'know' someone anymore?

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wager some of the people who probably know me best are on this forum and they have never met me.

Interesting........

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's interesting how many people perceive the value of forums like this to be the ability to "gather" with people of like interests. For the time being, this coming together is done in a virtual sense. I have read some interesting sci-fi suggesting that people will eventually abandon nation states to live in "Burbclaves" or other smaller communities with people who share their values
(Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash and Diamond Age.) What a sight that would be if we all gathered in some piece of land bought from a small African government. What would our cities look like? What outlandish modes of dress would we adopt? How sweet would our recreation facilities be? Would we choose to still communicate through e-mail or would we gather face to face?
Sorry, my mind has taken a little flight of fancy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So which of Dan's ideas, inventions, etc., are hairbrained?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy: Reviving the USTS Triathlon Series. The redstone color (aka baby pooh) on the QR Redstone. There are more, those are just the ones I can come up with quick.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Today's editorial on bikesportmichigan.com is about you guys: [bigdavedahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash and Diamond Age.)

Good examples. Never thought of it in the same context. Both very interesting books that question our sense of community, I would also throw in a number of William Gibsons books in particular Idoru (sic) a very Matrix like world where the physical and the digital interact seamlessly.

Prev Next