Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning.....
Quote | Reply
You know who you are. The one with the white icing in the blue cake pan. You were just sitting there in the middle of the counter. Clearly you were enticing me to EAT you. Do you know how dangerous it is to sit in the middle of the counter first thing in the morning? You could have at least hid yourself in the refrigerator or in the corner of the counter where I could not see you as well. Then when I tried to educate you about OWNING the counter, you simply sat there and said nothing. You are a disgrace to choclate cake everywhere. You are going to cause an epidemic of people eating chocolate cake for breakfast. I sincerely hope my wife and kids eat you before I get home from work.....
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you really think it would've been better if the cake had been sitting on the edge of the counter? maybe a little bit more out of the way? potentially within a sudden movement away from falling over the side and have it splatter all over the floor therefore rendering it uneatable?
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [chiquipartner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this stretch of counter very well. With the cake and pan going at approximately 0 mph. I believe it would have been perfectly acceptable for it to use the shoulder of the counter.

In the case that it would have fallen from the counter this would have relieved my "cake anxiety" therefore making me happy. Although the 5-second rule could have been applied.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same here, except my cake brought a friend over this morning to further take up space on my counter. Nice of you to sit side by side on the counter, instead of single file. Show some considersation

(my wife works nights and brought home more bday cake from work)

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You obviously don't know how to have self control. While the cake has a right to be there, you also have a choice to yell at it or slowly walk by it and ignore it. Also, if you use a mirror you might see that you actually don't need the cake despite how much you have a right to eat it.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the cake has a right to be there and I also have a right to eat it......The problem is that this one cake is making it worse for cakes everywhere......cake eaters are going to get furious and just start eating cakes anywhere and everywhere....at any time of the day....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just give the cake the finger......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ANTI-CAKE BIGOT!!!

Quote | Reply
Ladies and gentlemen please!!!! Can't you see that this is just like the subjugation of all minorities including cute puppies. Let the cake be wherever the hell it wants to be.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That cake needs punished severely. If it were on my counter I doubt the wife and/or kids would have gotten any.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is easy!!!

just think of the white icing as the white line on the right side of the road.

If you're a "take the lane" guy then the cake is on the right side of the line (IMO a nice wide shoulder, clean and clear, but) YOU TAKE THE LANE - 'CUZ YOU D' MAN.

On the other hand...

If you're a "normal" rider who rides in the clean, clear and wide shoulder (Bike lanes - we have 'em everywhere here). We'll then the cake is on the left of the white line. And, you'll get squished by a Prius driving, texting, putting on makeup, burger eating (vegan, of course), overweight...

Now if it was a German Chocolate cake (made at the local European bakery), and we were in Wisconsin; then you'd have to sleep in the top bunk and make my bed (sorry I was thinking about Stripes - which I know is OT - but funny)

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno? I may need a video to help me understand the whole cake domination issue. Does the color of the pan help it become more visible or should one add brightly colored sprinkles to the icing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You had to go making this about race didn't you?! At least there wasn't a terrible and offensive analogy involved :)
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could have possibly gave it the finger.....maybe just a little dip to taste the icing.

But would it have given me the finger back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
I could have possibly gave it the finger.....maybe just a little dip to taste the icing.

But would it have given me the finger back?

Probably.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing at least a photo. If it hasn't been eaten I will be glad to provide one showing the horrible and dangerous choice of lane positioning it made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures or it didn't happen. But, cake's evil twin, aka "the donut" is making a visit to my house this afternoon. I suspect more than one of them. But I can assure you, they will not be there for long. They and their sprinkles will quickly vanish.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does the icing have to be white? #ChocolateIcingMatters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has there ever been broken glass or sticks on your counter? If not, are there trees near your counter that could conceivably drop sticks onto it?

Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [j-hud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are currently no trees that could drop sticks......possibly small children who could either leave "spills" or random cups/silverware in the lane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you honk at it to get out of the way?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this cake personally so I reached out to get his side of the story. According to the cake, you were pretty aggressive in your glaring as you passed by. In fact he was intimidated as you threatened to take a large bite out of it and then swore something along the line of "fuck you calories" as you made your way out the door.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what about the statistics on how many cakes get eaten when sitting in the middle of the counter vs. just on the side?

btw. I'm dying. Chapeau!
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdbanker wrote:
I know this cake personally so I reached out to get his side of the story. According to the cake, you were pretty aggressive in your glaring as you passed by. In fact he was intimidated as you threatened to take a large bite out of it and then swore something along the line of "fuck you calories" as you made your way out the door.

Oh I think I know who you are, el panadero ? Don't all your pastries have a certain rep on the counter?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: To the Chocolate Cake on my kitchen counter this morning..... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
sdbanker wrote:

Oh I think I know who you are, el panadero ? Don't all your pastries have a certain rep on the counter?

Granted some of the "members" of the group have earned a certain reputation of being less edible than others. However, we are working as a club to be more accepted and to the calorie consuming crowd. Sometimes taking the middle of the counter is just the safest bet. Have you ever seen what happens at the edges of a dessert line at a buffet?
Quote Reply

Prev Next