Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Titanflex in the wind tunnel.
Quote | Reply
Any numbers?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Jon Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know too. In fact, I'd like any numbers on any frame out there. Softride says the FASTT was like 83 seconds faster than the P3 in the 40k. I'd like to know how or why. The Titanflex (John Cobb says) is as fast as a softride if you include an aero seatpost. Whatever that means. In my opinion the Titanflex and Softride FASTT frames look about as aero as a 2x4 block of wood for a down-tube. I own the Lotus Sport and let me tell ya, that sucker looks areo. Am I missing something?

I really want a titanflex because I loved my softride (except for the weight) but I don't think I could handle looking at the (in my opinion) primitive type of design on the square down-tube. It would have to sit between my cervelo p2c and lotus and I just think I would end up getting convinced it (the titanflex) was a bit of a toy (a comfort gadget designed for aged folks) instead of a real race machine.

So yeah, numbers would be good. Anyone got anything? I doubt it Jon Boy, don't get your hopes up. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflex... I thought you got like a free Cervelo P3 here or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Babysitter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Titanflex... I thought you got like a free Cervelo P3 here or something?

Ya but now he wants a real bike ;)

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a conversation with Dave at Blackwell last week about frames and how aero some are and aren't. Bottom line the front end of the bike makes the difference. Fork, wheel, aero bars. After that even round tubed bikes tested ok. One thing he did say was aero seat stays also made a difference.

With respect to Softride and Titanflex he did say they tested well. Buy the way there is no square down tube on the TF Veteran.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I not look at and research beam bikes just for the pure joy of studying the sport?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you cannot. Because then a bunch of bike companies won't sell anymore bikes since they aren't aero. Just go buy a Zipp and be done with it. About the only bike that tested as fast as the Zipp or faster was the Lotus I think.

Zipps have zero seatstays, bladed beams and a long section downtube. They tested very fast.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Had a conversation with Dave at Blackwell last week ... Bottom line the front end of the bike makes the difference. Fork, wheel, aero bars....

Hmmm...what does Dave sell...? Forks, wheels and aero bars, I think....?

If round tube bikes are just as fast as good aero frames under a variety of yaw conditions, this would be the first report of tunnel tests claiming it to be so.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just makes sense that the front end is the most important. And all he ( Dave) said was that round tube bike aren't as bad as you would think. Now that being said if a aero tubed bike is an aero advantage go with that.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Can I not look at and research beam bikes just for the pure joy of studying the sport?[/reply]

Sure... but sort of disrespectful, gift-horse-in-the-mouth-ish methinks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give me a break. You (everyone) can't tell me that you don't look at bikes that are too aggressive / out of your price range / etc just for kicks. Even some recumbents and trikes are neat to check out.

Jon - no idea about Titanflex. I've been reading a lot about them recently; thinking of one but I think I'm too young at this point. Maybe in 10 years when everything isn't working as well but they are #1 after my short list and still not ruled out.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Give me a break. You (everyone) can't tell me that you don't look at bikes that are too aggressive / out of your price range / etc just for kicks. Even some recumbents and trikes are neat to check out.

Jon - no idea about Titanflex. I've been reading a lot about them recently; thinking of one but I think I'm too young at this point. Maybe in 10 years when everything isn't working as well but they are #1 after my short list and still not ruled out.[/reply]

Uh... NO... I wouldn't do it on the same forum where the members gave me a Cervelo P3, one of the most revered tri-bikes made...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(I'll probably be banned for this, but) Isn't the p3c the most revered? The p3 is so 2004.
Quote Reply
Re: Titanflex in the wind tunnel. [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK... let's say [i]at the time[/i] it was the most revered, the pinnacle, da bomb of tri bikes...
Quote Reply