Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire sealant without removable cores?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a trick for getting tire sealant into a tube that doesn't have a removable core? I need a latex tube with a 36mm valve for my disc and there doesn't seem to be an option with a removable core.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire sealant without removable cores? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen it done on a YouTube video but I can't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it with Caffee Latex but it is messy and requires a good bit of pressure using a large syringe. Also, more chance of the sealant gumming up the valve this way.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire sealant without removable cores? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EUREKA!

If the sealant is truly up to the task then just use a massive needle to inject it straight into the tube. The sealant will close the hole.

What could possibly go wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiDrZ7dOHY

Pretty easy. I use it on our MTB tires and the kids bikes. I don't bother with my tri bike or me and the wife's road bikes. I agree with what he says about slime being not good on low volume high pressure tires.

Maybe I will try Stan's???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just use Pitstop, it's made to be used with the core in and has a dry time of 3-6 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire sealant without removable cores? [JTNero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried it in the past as an emergency fix - complete disaster. Plus, it performed poorly in the shoot-out. I already ordered TLR - it rated best in the shoot-out.

JTNero wrote:
Just use Pitstop, it's made to be used with the core in and has a dry time of 3-6 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I'm being told that a 42mm Vittoria tube works with the newest Super 9 disc so this shouldn't be an issue.
Quote Reply