Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire Clearance 2015 Cervelo P2
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Just got a new disc (Revolver Asymm FWS) for my bike a 2015 Cervelo P2. The disc is best used for tyres 23-26 mm. It is tubular. Previously was using Conti Comp Tubs on old wheel, but want to put something a little wider for rear tyre in 24-25mm range. Was looking at the Conti Force 24mm, but unsure whether or not the tire clearance is enough on the 2015 P2 to accommodate. If you know 24-25mm tyres will fit on the 15' P2 please let me know - or if you have any alternative tyre suggestions that are better all-round tyres then these feel free to share as well (Looking for something quick but that is not going to flat and effectively end my race or chance to go under 4 hours for 70.3).

Thanks in advance,

Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Clearance 2015 Cervelo P2 [f.sorbara.92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a 25mm on my '15 P2 mounted on HED Jet+ 9's, a little tire rub up behind seat but that seems to be normal throughout and everyone has said it's okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also if you aren't aware, there is a small set screw in each tire dropout that allows you to move the wheel out a bit to improve tire clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Clearance 2015 Cervelo P2 [byoungxprt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for advice I'll give it a go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also forgot to mention that I also use a Conti Force tire, but on and ENVE 8.9 wheel setup. I did have to move the set screw out on each dropout to give it enough clearance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How have you found the force?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good. Pretty similar rolling resistance numbers to the GP 4000s II which is sort of the gold standard. The Attack+Force tire combo is supposedly more aero and marketed more toward TT. Haven't had any puncture flats but have had some flats where I hit a rock and tube was compressed into the side rim and the tube punctured due to the rim. I'd say you wouldn't go wrong with either the Force or the GP 4000s II.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks alot sounds good.
Quote Reply