Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time impact pedals
Quote | Reply
Anyone use these or have thoughts on them? Getting new pedals, currently using Look, and was wondering if there was any reason to switch. Saw them going on eBay for $70.

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the older Time pedals and once worked for Time Sport USA under JP Pascal as their National Tech Rep along with a very gifted and talented Doug Knox. I LOVED the older pedals despite their size and weight. When the pedals changed to the Impact style I tried those and did not like them. I gave them a rather protracted (1000+ mile) try and didn;t like them. Now I use Shimano Dura-Ace SPD SLs.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom, by any chance do you carry Time Mid's, either 57's or 77's? That's what I ride and I find it tough to score the red floating cleats.

Thanks..T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're a Look user, I'm guessing you'll be a lot more comfortable with the new 7750s from Shimano. I queried many users of both and the consensus was that Time users would like the new Times, but Lookies would find the Shimamos more familiar. As a long-time Lookie who was tired of the squeeking, the short cleat life and the looseness, I'm loving my 7750s.

One REALLY nice feature of the 7750s is that you can walk in them, and they give you great traction for mounting up. They're a lot like Looks, but the fit of the cleat into the pedal is tighter, so it feels like a no float, but floats enough to get you comfortable.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tim, are these the pedals you're looking for? http://www.chucksbikes.com/pe009.htm

I'd call and see if they have the cleats you need. But heck $25 for the pedals you want, not too bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom

How would you compare Speedplays, the new Times and the Shimanos your riding now?
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris,

Yup, those are the pedals. I've actually got 4 pairs of the pedals so don't need any more, but I think Time isn't making them any more. So, just like with a favorite running shoe, I'm trying to buy up cleats while I can.

Thanks for the link to Chuck's, I'll holler at them and see if they'll unload the cleats only.

Cheers, T
Quote Reply
Re: Time impact pedals [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the 7750's and the R600, other than 30 grams? Wasn't clear from the Shimano site...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, can't say as I know what the difference is. I was told that the Ultegra version had some functional problems, so I went with the DA.

All I know is I like 'em.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply