Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timberman Half Iron Awarded Best Tri
Quote | Reply
TIMBERMAN TRIATHLON FESTIVAL AWARDED BEST LARGE TRIATHLON IN U.S. BY USA TRIATHLON

Triathletes ARE playing favorites, awarding by a landslide vote the honor of Best Large Triathlon in the U.S. to New Hampshire’s TimberMan Triathlon. Part of the Audi allroad quattro Race Series, The TimberMan Half Iron Triathlon Festival in New Hampshire has grown in just 3 years to represent everything great about triathlon: spectacular venue, great volunteers and community support, world-class amenities, and enthusiastic, dedicated athletes.

Set in New Hampshire’s picturesque Lake Winnipesaukee region, competitors encounter crystal clear waters, exciting climbs and perfect New England
scenery to help ease the pain of the race. Competitors are spurred on by costumed volunteers at themed aid stations as well as live musicians on the course. All of these factors make this a truly memorable race for both athletes and spectators alike.

In 2001 the event started as a one day race. This year, Timberman will be a whole weekend festival with a sprint triathlon held on Saturday, the Half Iron Triathlon on Sunday, a carbo load dinner, an expo and even a pancake breakfast. Friday evening, athletes will be treated to a dinner with Three-Time Ironman World Champion Peter Reid, who will also be racing to defend his 2003 title.

“Wow,” exclaimed Race Director Keith Jordan, “what an honor.” “It’s really gratifying, knowing how hard we work at it, to get this kind of recognition. I went into this with the intention of making this the best race in the world. We try to treat everyone as a world-class athlete for the weekend, and make this more than just a race. Peter Reid and Lori Bowden won last year, but the person who comes in last gets just as much attention. We make it a whole weekend experience for everyone. We aren’t ones to rest on our laurels, though, with plenty of surprises in store for 2004.” It seems the 2000 athletes (coming from more than 40 states and 5 countries) expected for the August 20-22, 2004 event agree. For more information, go to http://www.timbermantri.com.

Participants had this to say:

“I just want to put in my vote for Timberman as the best large triathlon for 2003. I live in Ottawa, Canada and do many triathlons during the season. This was one of the best races I have done in a long time. The organization was well done, the volunteers were great, a very challenging course, neat free stuff!, and a great idea for age group awards- Maple Syrup in a labeled bottle from the race! I am planning to return next year with some friends as they were quite interested after hearing about it”

Cathy B.
Ottawa, CANADA

“I am a seventh year triathlete and average 7-10 races a year. Timberman Half Ironman tops my list for the best race. This year marks my second year participating in the event and again, like 2002, it was run like a well-oiled machine. From the pre-race expo to the awards ceremony, this race is well orchestrated. This past year Lori Bowden and Peter Reid both got a taste of New England’s most professionally run half – ironman and the fact that Peter is returning next season says a lot for the race itself. The race is not only challenging and fun, but the race director, Keith Jordan, makes sure it is safe, having work done on the roads beforehand and keeping the aid stations well-stocked.”

Elaine DeBitetto
Boston Triathlon Team

“Just wanted to give my vote for Timberman Half-Iron as the Best large Triathlon! It has the feel of a big time event (like a WTC event) as well as great local flavor of New Hampshire. The work that goes into this event, from themed water stops to the pizza and ice cream fest afterward, is remarkable. If a race can be near perfect, I say this is it!”

Nick Paquette
Quote Reply
Re: Timberman Half Iron Awarded Best Tri [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And no link to the race site itself? How selfish. Post the link so we can all sign up. Haven't gone half distance in ages..nothing like an event like this to pull me out of retirement from that distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.timbermantri.com. Peter Reid will be there to greet you:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. All the same I'd rather have Lori greeting me...nothing against Peter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This race rocks!! I was lucky enought to be there at the first ever Timberman and I consider this (and the whole race series) awesome. If I could pick to do only 4 events each year the endorFun events would be it. I got to travel to a bunch of events last year-including 3 national championships and a world qualifier and I kept thinking- Timberman is still the best (by far) event I have yet to attend. New Hampshire may be a small state, but its quickly snagging all the best races.
Quote Reply