Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jimmy3993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been trying to come up with solution to this for quite some time. Easy hack with original Di2 but no so much with Di2 9070. Since the firmware is in each component it is not a matter of simply splicing wires as it was before. The sprint shifter solution will not work unless you are willing to buy a pair of STI levers take out the black box, tuck it into the base bar grips and plug in wires.
The only other solution is the use a climbing shifter which is bulky or cut a STI aero brake lever in half and glue the it to the magura brake lever. This is what Garmin does.

there is rumor (and patents post on web) of shimano coming out with hydraulic STI levers for for road and TT/Tri. I can only hope that will include a Di2 version as well. And the rumor I heard maybe next year for release but who knows.

if anyone else has come up with something, I am all ears

cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi jimmy,

Shimano doesn't show Ultegra TT levers; I was thinking Dura-Ace.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the shimano di2 TT STI brake levers are ST-9071s, bar end shifters are SW-R671 (two-button) both work with Ultegra or DA just have to have firmware update according to 10sp vs 11sp

Damon, can i confirm the torque spec on seat post collar bolts to be 4Nm each? previous post got me thinking

cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

That was my test fit last night. There is a strap they include that will allow me to prevent the pedal from moving backwards. The rear wheel is secured on the rear vacuum mount and held on with a Velcro strap. I'm a little bit nervous using it but so far the reviews that I've seen have been great. My roof is a bit curvy. I wish I had more of a flat roof to build my confidence. Flat surfaces are always easier to work with since the 3 cups like to be on the same plane. I could put the P5 in the back seat (very tight) with my bike bag but I have to take the seat post off every time. Not sure how good it is to loosen and re-torque those bolts over time. I thought this would be a good alternative. I'd hate to damage both the bike, the car and whatever car is behind me.

damon_rinard wrote:
ngl1145 wrote:
I just purchased a seasucker vacuum mount. Here's a picture that I just took today. I'm testing to see how well the vacuum mount works for short distance transport.

Beautiful set up! Sleek, low profile. Very nice.

How do you keep the pedals from hitting the roof if the crank rotates?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A photo of my new p5 on www.laurengoss.com
Not sure how to update to slowtwitch directly

Website/Blog|Lauren Goss Racing |Follow me @lauren_goss
"http://laurengoss.com/newsletter/"] Subscribe to my *NEW* Newsletter [/url]|
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BuenosNachos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to hear you have your P5. Can you please PM and we'll figure out how to get the proper parts to you?

While I am not certain that I can pull together a satin low bar, I can definitely get the beard and brake covers to you and those are easy to swap yourself. If you are planning on using the low bar position, I would just build it with what you have since it might take some time to find the satin finish. And I am sure you are dying to ride it!

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes; 4nm for the frame-seat post clamp. Tighten evenly by alternating between each bolt every 1/4 turn or so. Grease on the bolt threads, assembly compound on the post.

I am sure that you know those last tips but it could be helpful for someone else reading ;)

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dura ace levers will work w ultegra. My understanding is that the di2 buttons used by ultegra and dura ace are the same parts.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks David. That's great of you. I'd planned to ride it and worry about the cosmetic 'bits' later on. The v-low part is mostly obscured by the arm pads so its not that noticeable but getting a satin stem cover/cap in the near future would be great. I'll drop you a PM with my details. Thanks for such a prompt response.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Lauren Goss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lauren Goss wrote:
A photo of my new p5 on www.laurengoss.com
Not sure how to update to slowtwitch directly

Here you go:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [GrahamMackie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David - thanks for your help - my LBS called me today and the replacement parts had been sent over to Madison so I can carry on with the build of my P5.

I will post pictures once it is finished ..
Last edited by: GrahamMackie: Apr 27, 13 0:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon or any other P5 owners
Just had my P5 six shipped to me and have a question for you if you can answer please

Where does the DI 2 control box sit, does it sit inside the aero bar stem cover or is it attached on the outside of stem and if attached on the outside how ( photo would help)
I don't have a decent LBS that I would let touch my bike and as such purchased my bike from a Cervelo dealer miles away
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi James
Have just got my DI2 P5 / 6
Was wondering where you have you DI2 control box.
Is it under the stem cap or have you attached it to the stem and how?
Looking forward to riding it soon
Jono
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either place will work. It isn't as clean looking outside of the stem, but you can at least check the battery level or do adjustments without removing the stem cap.

There is a slot in the back of the stem for the wires to come out of.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just finishing the cateye button hack for 9070. Should have it up tomorrow.

I think it is easier than 7970 was.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [veryoriginal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool can't wait to see it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimmy3993 wrote:
The dura ace levers will work w ultegra. My understanding is that the di2 buttons used by ultegra and dura ace are the same parts.

Except that with a stock Ultegra 6770 tri set-up you have a SM-EW67-A-E junction box and Dura-Ace 9070 comes with SM-EW90-B, so you'll need the Dura-Ace part to work with ST-9071 levers and SW-R671 buttons (see the 9070 dealer manual for the wiring diagram.)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could also place the box under the arm pad, like they did here:

http://university.tri-sports.com/...e-lever-mounted-di2/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [FrankMills] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does any of the Cervelo guys here know how shipping to Europe, Swizerland specially looks like. Our Switzerland Dealer sad that the shipping should be next week or the week after. But I have that feeling that I wouldn't get any bike in the next days. They already said I would get the P5 end of february.Now it's end of april... really disapointing....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hunki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be riding this at my local TT on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hunki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to be the luck of the draw as I know others are still waiting but I asked at my LBS about availability and talked to the UK distributor on the phone a week ago and my frame arrived 3 days later. Unfortunately it is still there being worked on..

Does anyone know where I can get the XLab delta sonic in the UK?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are folks doing to fill the holes on the holes on the unused mounts on top tube and BB gusset? seems a lot of sweat could get into there/rain and not so sure that is good for the cables, for those of us that are heavy sweaters. i suppose it might all get out without corroding the cables/housing ends at all, but based un my unwrapping of bar tape a few weeks back from trainer season, I am not so sure.

dont see the point in having a bolt head stick up, ala Frankenstein
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea. That part will have to get swapped to make anything happen.
Right now I am sitting on my hands watching the season tick by waiting for the framset to make it to my lbs for build...
Ok, that is a bit dramatic. I have a bike that is just fine in the mean time. But still.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Leahn,

Just PM'd you. You can contact our distributor in the UK, Multisport Distribution and they should be able to help you locate a store that carries the Delta Sonic.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Candice I will give them a call in the morning.
Quote Reply

Prev Next