Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cable goes from the shifter to top tube (via housing), bare through the downtube, around a bottom bracket cable guide and back into housing through the chain stay to the rear derailleur... all in one plane with a single bend. It's pretty slick actually.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checking what I can carry over from my written off P3. I read the white paper, thanks for the confirmation.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of the Adamo, Damon, do you know what the largest setback is that can be achieved on a P5 with Adamo? It would be a size 51, with the saddle rail around 64cm vertically above the BB. At the moment I'm at 6.7cm setback which is the furthest back I can get it on the SC, so want to know if I could get it that far back on the P5 (the 3 rather than the 6 if that makes any difference).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

When designing the P5, we considered saddle set back carefully. Different saddle dimensions, different race rules, different riding styles, all played into our parametric analysis while engineering the P5 geometry. We even called up Slowman to confirm we also go far enough forward!

Because we already have the CAD models for various saddles, I asked one of our design engineers open the P5 CAD assembly and check your question this morning. After a virtual assembly of your saddle on your P5, here's the result:

For an Adamo at 64cm saddle rail height vertically from the BB, the nose should be able to be positioned at 8.8cm setback on the stock ‘TRI’ post, and at 11.6cm setback on the optional ‘UCI’ post.

The tri post comes stock with every P5. It works with most saddle heights and most saddles, even for UCI rules. We only offer the UCI post, with it's extra setback, because a rider with (1) a very low saddle height, who (2) chooses a very long saddle, and is (3) subject to UCI regs might need it.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for the excellent answer, Damon. Good to know I can not only achieve my current position but have scope to experiment even further if I want. The opportunity to pick one up at a very good price has come up and I'm not sure I can resist. I'm not going to be able to make the Aduro work for me, but I'm hoping the 3 with TriRig Omega and Tula will still be meaningfully more aero than the SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
The P5's standard fork steerer does give you the option of going back to your old bars if you want, but the Aduro is an amazingly fast aero bar. If it suits you otherwise I'd keep it. It'll save you a fistfull of Watts!

You didn't think you could write that without someone questioning compared to which aerobar, did you? :D

Talking about the Aduro, do you have a feeling for how hard or easy it will be if you want to 'hack' the pads closer together than the narrowest 145mm C-C?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

You can ask, but I can't comment on the comparison bars. ;-)

Hacking the pads closer simply requires any kind of metal plate to shift the bolt holes. That's how Garmin hacked Vandevelde's P5:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...me-trial-tech/224781

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the fast reply :)

Thought you'd say that. Just to be clear, you did test with a rider (or foam Dave) aboard the bike when comparing bars?

Nice, I was thinking along those lines for the pad spacing. I was thinking about perhaps making a bridge between the original pad 'pylons' with bolt holes in it. Seems like ~5mm of thickness for the threads is OK or could you do with less?

Do you know if any size 51 (P3-Three) has shipped yet anywhere? Still no word on delivery from my local distributor...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon
I have a P5 six size 51 on order, apart from the bike what else should come with the bike in the purchase price by way of bar spacers, bars etc
Jonboy
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonboy wrote:
Hi Damon
I have a P5 six size 51 on order, apart from the bike what else should come with the bike in the purchase price by way of bar spacers, bars etc
Jonboy

Along with the Aduro handle bar, there are 45mm of spacers (4 x 10mm, 1 x 5mm) and both high V and low V options included in the P5-Six (bike and frameset). The extensions are the Ski-Bend style from 3T.

Oh, and you also get the rest of the bike too....

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they do come with ski bend aero bars instead of regular s-bend? I've seen countless photos showing both configurations. Not sure which I would prefer.

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shane -- yes, we send the bikes and Six frame sets with ski bend extensions. The bar uses a standard 22.2mm diameter so you could swap out to any of 3Ts bar profiles (and anything with a 22.2 diameter). You can cut the extensions to suit any length you need

For those who run a short s-bend extension (from pad to tip), you might want to consider cutting them down from both ends. I was able to get Mary Beth Ellis set up with S bends and she runs an incredibly short extension so I am sure most will not encounter the need to do so.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David

I asked a similar question this weekend and you responded back that they are s-bends? Not sure what to expect - s-bends or ski bend
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that. I must have been thinking ski-bends and typed 's-bends' instead. I will go back and edit that post.

Definitely the ski-bends... sorry for the confusion.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki,

I am changing my mind on you once again. Damon kindly just pointed out to me that you had originally asked about the extensions that come with the P5-Three. The P5-Three comes with the 3T Auro Pro bar and the standard S-Bends that are included with that bar -- like this.

The P5-Six is shipped with the 3T Aduro bar and we include the Ski-Bends. Once again, please forgive the confusion.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem - Thank you for clarifying that

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just noticed that Cee Gee now has pads available for the Aduro.

The stock Audro pads are like rocks. Very low stack though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David, when are 2013-spec bikes going to be the ones built up and shipped, as I understand there are some slightly improved specs for 2013?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So all 2013 SRAM Red P5's come with r2c shifters? I'll need to return my new zipp race extensions for the r2c version (my P5 is on order).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In North America, we expect to start in December on some of the '13s. Outside NA could be a little later or earlier.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon: Based on your comments on the 56 P5-3 with all the spacers, we are looking at possibly a 58. But my bike shop is concerned that obtaining the "beard" and the brake cover that you mention as another options might be hard, due lack of availability of parts. They are going to check with Cervelo, but do you have any information on whether those parts are available or what the time frame would be?

Thanks.

Wylie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quick question on adjustability of the P5 Six please.
I have used the stack and reach chart and established that the best fit (it's for my wife) would be the size 51 with X-Lo bars.
Pad stack = 580
Pad reach = 500

Can someone tel me the following please:
When the P5 Six is fully built up (with Sram Red) and ready to ride, is it easy to make small adjustments to stack and reach? For example, if you wanted to decrease stack from 580 to 570 and increase reach from 500 to 510, would this be hard to do, or would I have to take the whole of the front of the bike apart? Would I have to "un-route" the gear and brake cables? Or is it as simple to do as on a tri bike with normal old fashioned tri bars where you just remove one spacer and pull the extensions out slightly after loosening a single bolt for each extension?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wylie, we have plenty of beards and brake covers. As for availability of your specific frame, follow up with me or the shop for more details. We might not be able to give you an exact ship date at this time.
Thanks.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [johnny senna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnny senna wrote:
if you wanted to decrease stack from 580 to 570 and increase reach from 500 to 510, would this be hard to do, or would I have to take the whole of the front of the bike apart? Would I have to "un-route" the gear and brake cables? Or is it as simple to do as on a tri bike with normal old fashioned tri bars where you just remove one spacer and pull the extensions out slightly after loosening a single bolt for each extension?
Thank you.

Johnny -- there are a couple of different approaches to adjustment. The reach is pretty easy to adjust. The arm pad cradles have plenty of different mounting options so that is as easy as two bolts and place them where you find she is the most comfortable.

For the stack -- some folks are riding with a old aero bar with the plan to adjust and do the final dial-in once they are comfortable. If you want to add the Audro integrated spacer after the build, you will require a re-route of some cables. Also, you will want to keep it all in mind when cutting down the fork.

In this particular case, I would recommend that you set her up on the 51cm Low position and see how she feels. If she wants to go lower, you can then order the X-low bar. You should be able to swap that out by only re-routing the shift cables and leave the brakes alone. With this approach, you can also make an adjustment to housing length if the length of her extensions change at all and it will come out looking nice and clean.

Make sense?

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply

Prev Next