Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now not nice! Its a hack but you have get the Aduro bar! When can we order it? I am waithing and waithing. The bike is finally here but, Sram tt set is here, Rotor 3D+ 175 cranks are here. All to replace the standard parts at the P5 7900. Only that ugly that come standard with the bike must replaced for the Aduro x low or low! When can we order it? Please let me now!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. This happened to my new P5 the first ride. I did hit a rather large unforeseen pothole but was still very surprised at the damage sustained. Also just finished my first Ironman
on the bike. Must say it was a dream to ride if it weren't for the fact that the front brake cover was rubbing on the tire and had to be removed early in the race. Kinks maybe but seriously wondering if fixes are in the works.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David,
I was hoping you could shed some light on this. Thanks so much.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobL,

I am not certain that I understand your exact issue. Did you have the same issue with the bar that mphasis did with the bolt mounts pulling out of the stem? And as far as the front brake cover rubbing the tire -- I have not heard of this issue yet but I am sure I can help you get that sorted out once we get a look at it.

Please PM or email me. I would like to make sure that we address your specific issues. I am glad to hear that it rode well for you.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is looking for a P5-3 size 54, there is one at montgomerymultisport.com on the floor for sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
And as far as the front brake cover rubbing the tire -- I have not heard of this issue yet but I am sure I can help you get that sorted out once we get a look at it.

I also get a bit of tire rub on the brake cover when I run my training wheels: 25C Conti 4000s on Hed Belgium rims. I just remove the cover for training rides.

My race wheel (Zipp Firecrest 808 w 22mm Bonty R4) doesn't rub.
Last edited by: matto: Aug 20, 12 20:24
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW!! Someone actually got a P5? What? Almost a year after they were introduced? They are awesome looking bikes, but whoever runs Cervelo is in desperate need of removal. People waiting THIS LONG is inexcusable. Why even introduce a bike that you can't get underneath your customers asses????

Didn't they do the same damn thing with the P4???

I am sorry if you all have practically foregone the entire tri-season waiting on a bike you paid for in January. That is just SHIT customer service.
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Aug 20, 12 20:54
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mgmmultisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgmmultisport wrote:
If anyone is looking for a P5-3 size 54, there is one at montgomerymultisport.com on the floor for sale.

It is really unbelievable that people are waiting for their bikes all over the world and in the US P5s are standing around in shops waiting for customers!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Johnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p5-3(uci), not the p5-6(tri) that *most* people are waiting on.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First P5's were delivered in mid-May chief, and they were introduced in January. However I understand your sentiment, that one is sitting around in a shop because the shop mislead Cervelo and communicated that it was sold when it seems not to be.

Not to mention that Cervelo has been doing this same thing for years so if you really thought that a bike Cervelo released in January will be ready by March than shame on you.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Wick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's sad. They are great looking bikes and I am sure they are aero as hell to boot. I just hate seeing so many people spending an entire Tri-season waiting on a bike that no one really knows when will be delivered. And I have seen a few on here that canceled orders and went elsewhere. Ridiculous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wick wrote:
Not to mention that Cervelo has been doing this same thing for years so if you really thought that a bike Cervelo released in January will be ready by March than shame on you.

This is kind of a ridiculous statement.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to say Cervelo isn't making a series of self-induced mistakes and that it isn't ridiculous, but seriously it should be an expectation on the part of the consumer based on their history of new product launches by now. Especially to anyone who sold their current ride in anticipation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am loving my p5. I do not however want to take my bars off when I travel as there as hydraulic lines, etc. that i dont want to get pinched. The bars seem too wide to fit in the tri all three boxes. Is there something out there that others might suggest that would allow travel with only the wheels and seat being removed.

Thanks -
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Former Fat Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how the bars are attached, but if you can loosen the nuts that hold the aero bars on the base bar (again, I don't know how this assembly is constructed on the P5), and rotate them downward, perhaps it would fit in a Scicon Aerotech Evolution case. I have one for my P4 and I just have to loosen the clip on aerobars, turn the fork 90 degrees to the frame and rotate the aerobars down toward the fork and it fits fine.

There are videos of how to fit bikes in the Scicon case either on Youtube or if you search for reviews on the net. Would show you what's needed.

Of course, the Scicon case is about a grand, but I thought it justified for my P4 and love the case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Former Fat Guy wrote:
I am loving my p5. I do not however want to take my bars off when I travel as there as hydraulic lines, etc. that i dont want to get pinched. The bars seem too wide to fit in the tri all three boxes. Is there something out there that others might suggest that would allow travel with only the wheels and seat being removed.

Damon posted somewhere in this thread (or elsewhere?) that they've traveled lots with P5's by taking of the bars and packing them to the side of the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Former (congratulations!),

Glad you're loving your P5!

If you're not doing so already, remove the front caliper from the fork when packing. This involves just a single nut and gives lots of slack to the bars. Then you can take them off the fork and pack them more easily.

Don't worry about pinching the hydraulic lines; I don't think they can be damaged in packing. You don't have to take my word for it - get a piece of scrap line from your Cervelo retailer and see how hard it is to damage it.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon

went to collect my p5-3 from my lbs today to
discover that the paint work is matte. They tell me that all new bike are only coming out in matte. Is that correct.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [warrenpp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warrenpp wrote:
Hi Damon

discover that the paint work is matte. They tell me that all new bike are only coming out in matte. Is that correct.

Yes. Do you like it? I am sure everyone would like to see a photo when you get a chance.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David!

I am a new owner of a P5-Six and loving it so far. A friend of mine loaned me his Zipp disc to try out and I can't seem to get it to fit in the rear brake. I have backed out the brake all the way via the cylinder in the front of the brake lever. I'm not sure which Zipp disc it is, the widest part of it seems to measure around 24-27mm, but the understanding is that the P5 "fits all wheels". I'm using Tangente Platinum Pro brake pads. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warrenpp wrote:
Hi Damon

matte black?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please post a photo; would love to see new paint!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [manihi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi manihi,

Congrats on your P5-Six and glad to hear you are loving it so far!

Yep, the P5 fits all known wheels.

To fit the widest wheels, remove all spacers between the brake shoe holder and caliper legs, and make sure the caliper legs are open as wide as possible (caliper arms are completely closed). Also, pay close attention to the position if the brake shoes in the slots - many wide rims taper at the brake track. If necessary, position the shoes more towards the narrow part (usually closer to the tire, farther from the hub).

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warrenpp wrote:

Must...

see...

photo...

NOW! Smile
Last edited by: matto: Aug 23, 12 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Think there were some QC issues with the glossy paint job that prompted some production pain (further delays to us long suffering buyers) and the change to the paint scheme.

I too would love to see photos of the matte.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next