Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are currently in production. I will update with an expected date as soon as I can.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to place an order for the 51 six frame tomorrow. Are they already in the production?
Any expectations for the european market (Germany)?
THX
Last edited by: Johnek: Jul 26, 12 14:59
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Johnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are in production and we do expect some to ship to the EU as soon as they are ready. If you are placing your order tomorrow, there are likely many people in front of you in that line. Please be patient; it may not come until the 2013 Model Year.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There must be someone in the company that forecasts and have expected dates for the P5 51's (at least the first batch). Manufacturing is done by someone and I couldn't imagine running a business without having projections even if they get behind time wise. Is there anyone at Cervelo that may know? Thanks Damon and David for responding in the past however there must be someone else with more info (product manager)?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. There are a few people who know when the expected first 51cm P5 dates are. However, we don't share detailed information such as manufacturing time lines -- also covered in post # 717. It doesn't help to know that the 51s have started shipping if you aren't in the area that they are shipping to. Also, we don't know which ST poster is getting which bike. We know which shops and distributors have ordered them and we do our best to ship to the earliest orders first. So, when addressing a public forum, we are not able to give the level of detail that you are requesting.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks David for your response. Though I places a deposit long ago and know that I can't find specific info for my 51, it's nice to know if any P5 51's have even shipped at all or when the first batch will be shipped. I'm just being hopeful. Many of us have left several thousand dollars as deposits and are just curious. Thanks again!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ngl1145 wrote:
it's nice to know if any P5 51's have even shipped at all or when the first batch will be shipped.

51s have not yet shipped but the first ones are coming soon. There is one 51cm being ridden by my colleague Jakub. We do tend to make one in each size to ensure the manufacturing goes smoothly. And, since this one had some cosmetic issues, it went to Jakes. I was considering fighting him for it since I also ride size 51cm. But, given that he just qualified for Kona in a very competitive age group at IMLP, (as well as qualifying for Vegas HIM at St Croix) he might just deserve it more than I.....

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks David... That's what I wanted to know :). Any idea on when Aduro bars maybe available to order as a separate part?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not 100% on the bars. I don't see it happening this year but it is ultimately a 3T product so it is likely their call.

Feel free to email/PM me if you are looking to discuss your personal build.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well david if the 51 ones are coming into to production I hope the 48's are not to far behind ,us short people need some love too. I am sure the wait is worth while
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I did it ..... I ordered the 51 p5 six.
Since 2 people canceled their orders due to the delivery problems, I should now be 9th or 10th (in Germany) in the line for the 51 frame set.
Now I will try not to think too much about the bike for the next few months ..... and hope I get it in 2012.
Last edited by: Johnek: Jul 28, 12 2:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the stem length on the P5-Three 51?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Adura Bars have an integrated 90mm stem and 25mm fore and 25mm aft adjustment for the arm pads. The 51cm Three should ship with a 70mm stem for a 51cm. Please keep in mind that 'specs may change without notice,' meaning; if we had a shortage of 70s, we might ship with a different length.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info David. I was thinking of ordering a Shimano PRO Missile Evo stem and was trying to see what came stock with the P5 without the Aduro bars since the bike I ordered was a P5-three 51.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what is the thought behind not shipping aduro with UCI version, and not selling aduro as after market at this point?
This is disappointing, considering all speed data is based on aduro, and no way to hide cables without Aduro?

What bars does Cervelo recommend then for P5-three?

Also, as far as disc option, is there any benefit for Super 9 or Stinger disk vs say flat 900?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any issue known yet as in holding fixture below tearing of ?!

Last edited by: mphasis: Aug 1, 12 4:44
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will the P5 start shipping as a 2013 model as opposed to a 2012 model? Is it likely that bikes will actually ship with D/A Di2 9000 instead of the 7900. I'm hopeful that the 56cm I ordered in February will arrive this year, but am wondering if I need to start thinking ahead to 11 Speed D/A...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:
When will the P5 start shipping as a 2013 model as opposed to a 2012 model? Is it likely that bikes will actually ship with D/A Di2 9000 instead of the 7900. I'm hopeful that the 56cm I ordered in February will arrive this year, but am wondering if I need to start thinking ahead to 11 Speed D/A...

P5-6 with 11 speed Di2 will be February/March 2013.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David-

Is there supposed to be a cover where the cables route through the top tube on the P5-3?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mphasis wrote:
Any issue known yet as in holding fixture below tearing of ?!

What?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe a picture helps

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits wrote:
withrow79 wrote:

P5-6 with 11 speed Di2 will be February/March 2013.

I wonder if there's greater or less than 50/50 chance if I'll have my bike by then... What % of already ordered bikes are likely to be delivered in the next 6 months?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,
Sorry if you've already answered this, but is it possible to order a P5 with a custom paint job, i.e., matte black? Thanks,
-Doug

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dessa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dessa wrote:
So what is the thought behind not shipping aduro with UCI version, and not selling aduro as after market at this point?

Price. The Aduro would drive the price of the Three series higher. We wanted to keep the price as low as possible on one of the P5 versions. Since you need the Aduro bar for the "beard", we decided to make the UCI version available at the lower price.

The Audro, I'm sure, will be available as an aftermarket bar. However, it is a 3T product and we do not distribute 3T -- only "spec'd" equipment with our bikes -- so I am sure they will have it available in the future. I think it is more a matter of Cervélo having purchased all of the very first run of these bars since we cooperated with 3T in the design and it integrates so nicely with the P5.

dessa wrote:
What bars does Cervelo recommend then for P5-three?

3T Aura Pro

dessa wrote:
Also, as far as disc option, is there any benefit for Super 9 or Stinger disk vs say flat 900?

Sure. Probably. The claims on the Super 9 and Stinger are that they are faster wheels. I have no reason to doubt those claims as both of those manufacturers do their homework. As far as on the P5; we don't have comparisons between the different wheel set ups. Regardless, with the rear wheel cut out formed as well as it is, a flat disc is a plenty fast set up on the P5.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply

Prev Next