Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [heffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

We've flown P5s all over the world with no problems in a few Serfas hardshell cases. We've not done any special "testing", and only chose them because one of the guys who works here had one! I imagine you'd get similar protection with other similar cases, or maybe other STers can recommend a case they like...?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [heffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

The best bike box (weight, strength, fits all types of frame sizes) is the SCICON Aerotech Evolution.

I have used that one and the Aerocomfort plus for the last 10 years with no problems ever, and I travel with road/tri/mtb bikes that all fit differently.

Cheers,
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be no P5 here in Switzerland for this year :(
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hunki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get this information that Switzerland will not see any P5 this season ?
Last edited by: mphasis: Jun 27, 12 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mphasis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my dealer... he phones with cervelo switzerland, and they told him, that there will be no Frames in the near future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is correct, exept one 54 and one 56 Frame.
The 56 Frame, which is going to be mine, shall be assembled Friday this week ones all parts have arrived by Thursday Cool
Last edited by: mphasis: Jun 27, 12 11:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lucky guy... they told me weather 54 nor 56 will bee shipped. I'm just too little :(

Do you get a sponsoring or bought it at a dealer?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any estimate on ship date for the first batch of 51's for the east coast (Massachusetts) area?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dealer. Obviously best choice in CH Wink bought S3 last year there.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ngl1145,

Sorry, I don't have visibility into that level. Your Cervelo retailer and their rep have the best info there.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then it must be Temposport? Where are you from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jepp

Fitting the Velo at the very moment Cool

Will be the only one for a while in and around Switzerland.
Last edited by: mphasis: Jun 29, 12 6:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, somewhat slight tangent, but how did you guys get the Maguras to work with Di2 levers? ...

https://www.facebook.com/...t_count=1&ref=nf
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
converter box underneath the stem. Magura released the road conversion kit earlier this year at Sea Otter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Wick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool. Looks like a super aero combination
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody familiar of how to add a picture direct from PC for somebody too stupid ??!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there somewhere online these Torhans products are currently available? I'll be on my P5 for the first time next weekend and I'd love to have them.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [j_rench] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amazon, torhans.com, trisports.com. google knows all.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [j_rench] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AeroBento from TorHans is in Production. 4 weeks maybe. Although it does blend perfectly with the P5 six, it will work with any other frames with top tube boss mounts. This hard sided, silicone top AeroBento can hold approx 4 1.3oz energy gels.

All other TorHans products for the P5 are TBD at this point.

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

does anybody know, whether the sub 9 and/or super 9 disc from Zipp fits the P5?

Best
Andreas
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Johnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, it does...we've tried it
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Wick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I just found the pic in the folowing thread:
http://204.187.14.165/...nto_boxes_P3894355-3
Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Quick question, based on what you told me in the post below. I have checked the measures again carefully and stand over clearance in not a problem now as it is more than 10mm.

So from your point of view what do you think would be better for me a 51cm frame or a 54cm. Based on availability I could get a 54cm quicker but I want to make sure i get the best fit. Im currently riding a P3 51cm but from your options below seems that the 54 suits me better.

Cheers,
Rick

damon_rinard wrote:
Hi Rick,

You are normal :-), in that most everyone will find they can fit more than one size. You've nailed your two best options:

1) 51cm frame with High V aerobar and 15mm of aeromatched fork spacers or
2) 54cm frame with Low aerobar and 45mm of aeromatched fork spacers

I've added the number of fork spacers each set up requires (in bold), as some people have strong feelings about them.

Also consider that, for the same arm pad stack, the basebar will be relatively higher on the "Low" aerobar and relatively lower on the "High-V." (Low and high describe the elevation of the arm pads above the base bar.) Technically this shouldn't matter much since you should be in aero most of the time but again some folks feel strongly about it.

If you can accept 5mm more arm pad reach there is a third option:
3) 54cm frame with High-V aerobar and 0mm of aeromatched fork spacers

By the way: some measure arm pad reach to the back edge, we measure it to the center of the pad, so double check that we're using the same protocol. The Aduro arm pad is about 9cm front to back so use 4.5cm to convert if you've measured to the back edge.

Regarding comparing the geometry of the P3: We started the P5 with P3/P4 frame stack and reach, then added 25mm of head tube. This change (together with the larger bottom bracket drop) accounts for all the "apparent" differences in top tube length, stand over and frame stack and reach. To answer your specific questions:

1. The P5 top tube length is only shorter because of the added frame stack; the head tube axis is no closer than the P4 or P3. The change in seat tube angle isn't in the frame; we've designed the P5 seat post with a little more adjustability so the forward position gained us the 1 degree. Basically you can ignore top tube and seat tube angle and refer to arm pad stack and reach instead (as you've correctly done already).

2. Exactly right: the P5's added frame stack (and decreased frame reach) is precisely equal to replacing fork spacers with frame head tube. In your case the ~10mm of standover clearance might be a good reason to chose the smaller frame.

Max width of the Aduro arm pads is 205mm c-c. Some prefer wider arms, so 3T will be making extender plates. That said, the two M5 arm pad bolts are 25mm apart (c-c) and arranged front and back (not side by side), same as some other aero bars, so it may be that some existing extender plates from other brands could work as well.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, this is a non-sequiter, but if I were to place an order on a 58 cm P5 right now, when is the approximate delivery date (in the U.S.)?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply

Prev Next