Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you are still looking for that carbon dustcap with a super low stack (<1mm)........
Veloflyte offers one, you can order it directly off their website - link below:

http://www.veloflyte.com/...et_upper_dust_shield

hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [antlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't do it. Veloflyte took my payment, sent a couple emails then disappearred. Luckily paypal refunded my money.

It's too bad, his products seem nice.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to the recommended retail pricing on Cervelo's website http://www.cervelo.com/...012/p5/prices-specs/ ? The price has disappeared for about a month. Is there some re-pricing going on? Without this, I foresee retailers setting their own RRPs just when orders are taken.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Discoverspeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Discoverspeed wrote:
Hi Damon

Would you be able to advise if the chain stays of the P5 are apart enough to accommodate the Lightweight Disc which is dished on the non-drive side (dished more than ordinary spoked wheels). The reason I ask is that my LW Disc could not fit one of my rigs as the chain stays curved in too much while on another, the chain stay had an integrated ANT+ antennae structure that is only a few mm clearance away from punching a hole into the disc. I guess this question is generic for other "dished" discs.

Cheers

The Lightweight will fit for sure. I used a Lightweight on my P4 and there was plenty of clearance. If it can fit the P4, it will most certainly fit the P5. What do you mean a "dished" disc? The profile of the Lightweight is extremely thin (at lease the last 2 models).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...this white paper is like yeti - everyone talks about it but noone has seen it!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen one, I lusted after the yellow and turquoise colored hardtails back in the day.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Stusername] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw one in person at the Endurance Sports Expo in my area last weekend. It looks even better up close and personal. Their booth was jammed, glad I got there early while they were putting it together.

Had a good chat with the area Cervelo rep, he said the response has been incredible and they will be delivering bikes late spring. I thanked him for tracking down my 'share the ride' bike and we talked a little about the Pon deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Yes. I just got out of the wind tunnel (flying back today) and expect to finish the white paper before I leave for Switzerland in the next two weeks.

I apologize for the delays - I thought we'd have time to finish this but as often happens with a small company like Cervelo we've bitten off more than we can chew. Once the P5 white paper missed the launch date I got swamped with BrainBike EU, a trip to the wind tunnel (this is where I am today), coming up: InfoTech CH & AT, BrainBike NA. The original window to finish the white paper closed and a new one is just opening.
Is it finished yet? ;-)

I know "helpful" suggestions on forums can be annoying, but I think I probably reflect the views of most people when I say that all I'm really keen to see ASAP is graphs of drag vs yaw together with an explanation of what each tested config is and the test protocol. A full white paper can wait till later. E.g. could Dan take what you already have and write an article similar to this one?
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...the_Tunnel_1929.html
I think something like that would give people >90% of what they want.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to know how it compares across -20 to +20 deg yaw against my ole P3C with Ventus bars & 3T Funda fork! TomA probably only cares how it compares against the S5 :-0)

In the absence of any data, I'm guessing against my P3 setup listed above, the UCI legal bike (UCI legal fork, bar and seatpost) is only around 50gf @30mph lower drag and the fu_UCI bike maybe 75gf.

But I would REALLY like to be disproven :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P4 is ~75g drag less than the P3
You are giving the ventus a lot of credit =)

rmur wrote:
I just want to know how it compares across -20 to +20 deg yaw against my ole P3C with Ventus bars & 3T Funda fork! TomA probably only cares how it compares against the S5 :-0)

In the absence of any data, I'm guessing against my P3 setup listed above, the UCI legal bike (UCI legal fork, bar and seatpost) is only around 50gf @30mph lower drag and the fu_UCI bike maybe 75gf.

But I would REALLY like to be disproven :-)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be just stirring the pot ;-). Show us the data Damon!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta get me one of these!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget the white paper.... I want my 56cm frameset! I'll write the damn white paper for you, just get me the bike!

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmur wrote:

Actually...I'll probably have to settle for how it compares to a P4. But, that's OK by me since apparently with equivalent equipment and positions P4 = S5 :-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [antlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link. I'm still looking. I will try to contact him despite the warning. I hope he sends to Denmark. Worst case I guess I can get my money back from PayPal.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

Just flew from Switzerland to Arizona for US BrainBike - that's a long trip but my jet lag wasn't so bad since I was only in EU for 2 nights!

White paper is finished, in review with Phil White as we speak. I still anticipate answering many questions here. ;-)

Cheers,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prices back up on site again. Bit surprised with the changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just realised that the prices now appear in my local currency and not USD. Cool.
Last edited by: Discoverspeed: Feb 29, 12 21:31
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belongs into this thread I think:

http://cervelo.com/...the-p5-for-di2/2973/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Nope, no special tools are needed. The Magura RT series brakes (RT stands for Road Team, Magura's MT stands for Mountain Team) install like normal brakes. They also use the same bleeding tools and hydraulic parts as all Magura's rim brakes. A few hex keys, one Torx T25 (same as used on disc brake rotors) and the basic syringe and oil that comes with the rim brake service kit are all you need.

Is this brake service kit included, or do we need to buy it? I've been assuming it's not included but wanted to double check before ordering.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi matto,

You are correct, the bleed kit is not included. Shops who work on mountain bikes may have one already, or if not it's easily available to shops or a P5 owner.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits wrote:
Discoverspeed wrote:
Hi Damon

Would you be able to advise if the chain stays of the P5 are apart enough to accommodate the Lightweight Disc which is dished on the non-drive side (dished more than ordinary spoked wheels). The reason I ask is that my LW Disc could not fit one of my rigs as the chain stays curved in too much while on another, the chain stay had an integrated ANT+ antennae structure that is only a few mm clearance away from punching a hole into the disc. I guess this question is generic for other "dished" discs.

Cheers

The Lightweight will fit for sure. I used a Lightweight on my P4 and there was plenty of clearance. If it can fit the P4, it will most certainly fit the P5. What do you mean a "dished" disc? The profile of the Lightweight is extremely thin (at lease the last 2 models).

Hi 7summits - by "dished", I mean the non-drive side of the dish is lenticular in shape - shaped like a lens, straight angled from the hub to the braking edge much like a normal spoked wheel design. The other category of disks are flat sided on both drive and non-drive sides e.g. Zipp.

Because of the lenticular design of the LW Disk (I am using the latest model), the disk cannot fit into some frames with narrower chain stays (e.g., the Storck Aero2 that I am using).

Damon has replied that the clearance should be ok and if the chain stay width is the same as P4, then judging from your experience, the LW Disk should fit. Thanks for your feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were able to ride around on the P5 some this past week and I am pleased to say that the braking on the P5 works perfectly.

The new 3T front end feels good also and offers a good amount of adjustment

http://www.austintricyclist.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/austintricyclist
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ATCTriShop

Quote Reply

Prev Next