Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i will try to crank them even more, I wonder if some extra paint on them will tighten them up?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [YTZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no need; if you look in the beginning pages of this thread it used to be a big problem as people were worreid about squashing the extensions; but we were told to jsut crank it up.

make sure you wrap the screwes with something to prevent from the wrench scuffing them .. i use old swim cap for better grip
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

I was having some brake chatter on my bike, so I took a look at the rear brake mount and saw that a part came out of the frame. I took some pictures of the area. Is this something that can normally be fixed or is this a serious frame issue? I posted a couple pics. The first is the area, the second is what part came out of the frame. It's the cylinder that holds the brake nut.

Thanks,
Chris

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Chris10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Chris,

That looks like the insert has pulled completely out of the frame. While not common issue, it is something that I'd like to get a closer look at. Can you get in to a Cervélo retailer? I will DM for follow up.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [YTZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
". . . I wonder if some extra paint on them will tighten them up? "
----------------------------
I used plumbers tape, and then cranked them down.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,
I forgot where I read it here on ST, but can you confirm that a magura without the fairings (on a P5-6 fork) is just as, or slightly more, aero than one with the fairings on?
It seems a bit counterintuitive due to the larger aerofoil chord and aesthetic cleanness with the fairings, but perhaps the gaps between the fairings is a factor?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey aahydraa,

Good question. I don't recall seeing that claim. I know that the Magura calliper was shaped to be fast with or without the fairings but, I don't think we've done a straight comparison in the wind tunnel; as in with just calliper and beard vs caliper with brake covers and beard. Is that the comparison that you are looking for?

I'll have ask our engineers to see what they have run in the tunnel but, I think it was P5 Tri set up (the Six) vs P5 UCI legal set up (the Three). That comparison would be between beard, brake covers, and fork.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it would be great if you had any data on the caiper/beard vs caliper/beard/fairing, but whatever you can share with us regarding p5 front end tests would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a P5, about 15 months old now. I am on my third bottom bracket and it appears I need a 4th. The problem is that my BB creaks - as in a loud creaking noise- as I turn the crank. As I begin a ride the BB is quiet and then the creaking gets progressively worse as the ride continues. I am not particularly powerful so its highly unlikely I am overworking the equipment or part. I am 50-54 AG, IM watts at 200-210. This creaking noise happened during my Kona race last year, I changed BB's ( into my 3rd BB for the bike )after Kona, and now the creaking has begun again a year later. I don't want it to happen again this year in Kona ( I am returning ). Please assist Cervelo!! Help...4 BB's in a year and a half is crazy. ( also I rarely ride in the rain and prefer trainer rides over wet weather riding so the BB generally stays dry ). Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Stevo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Stevo,

You're right, 4 in 15 months seems a bit excessive. Which shop are you working with? I'd like to speak with them to go over the installation and see what is happening.

I remember having an issue like this on a few P2s we had set up for test ride. The crank axle was installed bare (without grease) because we thought they'd be used for photo only. Once we started riding, a few developed this awful loud noise as the crank turned. Annoyingly, that was half way into the ride so we had to deal with it until we finished. The solution? Remove crank, clean, grease, re-assemble. Never had a problem again. However, you situation might be different as that shouldn't lead to wearing out bearings.

Feel free to get in touch via DM or email and we'll find a solution.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aloha David,
Bicicletta in Vancouver BC. They know me well at the shop. What is your direct email and I will take this query direct to you ( if your email is in the thread, apologies, I am new to Slowtwitch Forum...)?
Mahalo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Click on my user name and you can find options to email or direct message me. See you in Kona!

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stevo,

I had very similar issues. My BB budget was close to a mortgage! Recently I have switch to the Enduro BB. See: http://www.endurobearingsonline.com/...-bbs-for-30mm-cranks About 700 miles on it and so far, so good.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a 2013 P5 Three. It has the Aduro 3T bars. (High position) I am looking for the 3t fork spacers. I am wanting (2) 10mm and (1) 5mm. Does anyone know a source for these?

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Don_P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Don,

You should be able to track these down through the Cervélo retailer. DM me if you have any trouble with that.

Is the fork already cut short? You want to make sure the steerer is long enough to support the extra spacers.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,
First... I would like to thank you again for the COR ride in Canada this past June.... We had a blast!

I thought the top of the tall assembly was held on with the 4 small bolts. From what you are indicating the spacers go around the steerer tube also. If that is the case my steer will not be tall enough.

I do have another question. There is a bridge on the high section of this assembly. I am wanting a BTA hydration system. Was there a system Cervelo had in mind when they designed this? It seems to me there would need to have 2 attach points for such a system. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Don_P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don,

COR was a blast! I had a great time.

For the BTA Hydration, we didn't just have one system in mind: we tried to leave you as many options as possible. Since different riders have different preferences, this approach of using one boss mount has been working pretty well. It offers a good anchor point for a Torpedo mount.

A good place to start looking is by visiting the X-lad aero bar page: http://xlab-usa.com/...aerobar-systems.html

There might be some other members here that have good suggestions as well.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David, I talked to Damon at Xlab about using the one attachment point for his Torpedo system.... He suggested this...

Hi Donald, I spoke with my boss and the P5 that we have here has the bar extension that runs under the arm pads. It is sold by Cervelo and referenced in their white paperhttp://www.cervelo.com/...f-39946cd71205-0.pdf

I am told there a Cervelo part number for it. You can see the part on page 26 on the link above. That is what you would need. It might be easiest just to call Cervelo customer service.

Do you know what the part # for that bridge under the arm pads might be? Is it available to buy? Thanks! Don
Last edited by: Don_P: Sep 21, 15 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David!

Any update on the data regarding the Maguras with and without fairings on the P5 forks? :) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^

http://www.cervelo.com/...f-39946cd71205-0.pdf

Page 30, there's a drag comparison for Magura RT 8 TT with and without cover. I'm not sure if that's the one you're after. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using the new speed concept bento box on P5?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [kikis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, can't believe I missed this! Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought about it but it doesn't have a flat bottom. It kicks up. Don't think it would work well. I ended up using torhans, cut the top off and added a stretchy hair tie thru some holes I drilled so I can actually access things in there and not have them fly out either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David
I bought a P5-3 in July 2013 size 54 came with brezza 2 bars. I have a 30 inch inseam height 5ft 8 so bike a bit big. Ihave been using a -40 degree mountain bike stem to reduce front end but would like to get lower if possible and use a more aero stem. Don't really want to sell. Could you recommend a stem and bar option(s) which would work well with p5 and get the front end lower than I have at moment. Am looking for 20-30mm? Many thanks

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afternoon....had a shoulder injury and the width of my P5 pads no longer work...what are riders using to widen the pads to accommodate either injury or wider shoulders.
Quote Reply

Prev Next