Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indeed stock prologue - and yes tried another ism saddle from my other bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has to do with how much torque you use when putting the clamp on. My Adamos did that on most bikes. Just had to play around with it until you can get the front end flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm worked, got it to almost flat ... also does it matter whether the screw is on the drive or not drive side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question. I have the screw on the drive side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question about cleaning. I think this came up before, but with a quick look couldn't find anything. What is the best way to clean the oil patches, dirt etc off the matte finish frame? My girlfriends P2 is a gloss finish and is easy to clean, but the white areas on my P5 have dark discoloured patches from where I can't get stains off. Is there a magic trick? The best thing I have found so far is a bit of spit and my finger, but this is going to leave me with no skin shortly!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than a cotton rag and simple green? I used rubbing alcohol once, but it's probably not a good thing to do over time.

Then again, I really need to clean my bike more often.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water first, any stubborn oil I use GT85 does the trick.

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
basic soap and water on a rag or paper towel seems to work just fine on all the matte white on my p3, once the grime has built up enough to annoy me, that is.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone using the QXL chainring on their P5? The oval one, if you see and feel a difference or not....... Thinking of going from my Q ring 52 to the QXL 53 teeth.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Acquired about a month ago. Dialed in now. Using the Torhans Aero Z BTA. Should I explain the seat angle now, or wait until someone asks like they always do with all of my bikes? The neon yellow is a vinyl application.

Can you post a picture of you position on the bike side-view ? on my P5, my seat is slammed fwd as much as it will allow me since I'm very compact as well. Just wondering if this is something I should/could try ;)

Thanks,

S.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimster wrote:
Anyone using the QXL chainring on their P5? The oval one, if you see and feel a difference or not....... Thinking of going from my Q ring 52 to the QXL 53 teeth.

Thx

I am. I really like it on the hills. It was the most noticeable difference for me when I first started using it. The toughest hills on my normal workout routes seemed easier and I wasn't as beat up cresting each hill.

Quote | Reply
shamerli wrote:
Jayhox wrote:
Acquired about a month ago. Dialed in now. Using the Torhans Aero Z BTA. Should I explain the seat angle now, or wait until someone asks like they always do with all of my bikes? The neon yellow is a vinyl application.

Can you post a picture of you position on the bike side-view ? on my P5, my seat is slammed fwd as much as it will allow me since I'm very compact as well. Just wondering if this is something I should/could try ;)

Thanks,

S.

No photos on the P5 yet. But I have some photos on my previous bike that had a similar fit that I will try to remember to post tonight.

Quote | Reply
Jimster wrote:
Thx

I used to ride with Q-Rings, since 2 years I now use O.Symmetric's. I won't be going back to the Rotor rings. Same effect, only more efficient and within 5miles you have completely adjusted and it doesn't feel weird anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello all. I a, considering a 2015 p5 and have measured my reach at 520 and my stack at 600. I currently ride a 56 p3c with a ventus and no spacers. I appear to be able to fit on either a 54 or 56, but give up one aspect of future adjustability with each. On the 54 I can only get to. 514 reach which seems ok, but it would allow me to get lower than I am on the p3c, which is something I might want to consider. On the 56, I have more room on reach, but can go no lower than I am now on the p3c. I am inclined to go with the 54, but have been having trouble finding information about The seat post length on the p5.

Any advice would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, below is a pic of my fit

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would go 54; the difference is only 6mm which can be sorted either b adjusting your elbow placement; if you need more reach it would be easy to ad an extension plate below the elbow cups to move it forwards

not to mention - less frame less drag
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [shamerli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shamerli wrote:
Jimster wrote:
Thx

I used to ride with Q-Rings, since 2 years I now use O.Symmetric's. I won't be going back to the Rotor rings. Same effect, only more efficient and within 5miles you have completely adjusted and it doesn't feel weird anymore.

Perfect, thanks guys.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Orbilius,

You're right, you could fit both pretty easily given your current position. The 54cm will allow you to get lower and, as R2 pointed out, the additional reach might not be as limited as you initially think. Something to keep in mind with these measurements is that it is based on the arm pad shape included with the Aduro Bar. These pads are pretty large (although they look like they're similar to what you have on your ventus) and might not hit your arm the exact same way. In other words, it order to keep your same riding position, you might find that you might have to move the pads around a little.

On the 56cm, as you point out, extra reach is no problem at all. So, the question becomes: will you benefit more from going longer or lower? Lower doesn't always mean faster. Are you working with a fitter or any other analysis to determine your best position?

If you are concerned about getting your seat height on the 54cm, feel free to email me some numbers and we can do a little math.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you David!

I did a specialized body geometry fit on the p3c years ago and made a few minor tweaks from there. When i get a new tt bike I will dial it in with a fitter. I only do TTs, so long course comfort is not a consideration.

My seat is 30 inches as measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top center of the saddle.
Last edited by: Orbilius: May 21, 15 6:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,

I don't own a P5....yet :) maybe next year

Can you replace the stock pads with these http://zipp.com/bars/vuka-alumina-clip/ ?

Thanks

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
Thank you David!

I did a specialized body geometry fit on the p3c years ago and made a few minor tweaks from there. When i get a new tt bike I will dial it in with a fitter. I only do TTs, so long course comfort is not a consideration.

My seat is 30 inches as measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top center of the saddle.

The seat post on all P5's is standard length, IE really long.

You won't have issues, except to cut it to get your length right.

FWIW, I am 5'8" and my seat height is about 765mm or pretty damn close to 30 inches (centre BB it mid seat top) I ride a 51…I would say 54 or 51 for you based on your pics, I don't think you would get low enough in a 56.

Likely need to sit on one to check it out if you can.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

By the way, that a fantastic looking position you have. Very slippery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David

Unrelated question, that I haven't been able to find an answer to (may have missed it):

Will standard BB30 bottom bracket bearings fit the P5 Bbright, or must I get a PF30 bottom bracket?
Any BB recommendations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David has anyone else raised the issue with the carbon rear mech hanger eroding due to the b-tension screw?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an all-black Prologue saddle from my wrecked P3 which I could part with. It only had about 2 months riding from the time I got it until that fateful day last September. Send me a PM if interested. Bob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey SAvan,

Sorry, I missed this question earlier. I believe the original BB30 standard is a direct-fit 42mm bearing. Don't use that. Any standard pressfit 30 bottom bracket should work. These have a 46mm diameter. Of course, don't hesitate to email me or message me directly if you want to double check before you buy.

Thanks,
db

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply

Prev Next