Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [scalyfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't occur to me.
I can only think that either the screws are not tight enough, or there is another strange reason: e.g. oil between the surfaces of the fork steerer tube and the stem.

But first of all: If you have a carbon bike, it is compulsory to have a torque wrench :-)

Than you can look if the bolts are tight enough. The manual says between 4 and 5 Nm for these bolts, and that works with my p5. It should also work with yours.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. The torque wrench is on the way.

Is this the manual you are referring to? http://www.cervelo.com/...b-c6c28594836d-0.pdf - I could not find the discussion of those two bolts in there.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [scalyfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not directed at you, but I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Looking to source one of the pieces the beard attaches to on the bottom of the p5 bar. See the "triangular beard mount" in the photo below to see what I am referencing.

Does anyone have one sitting around they don't need? Or does someone have a pn that I can give the shop to order from cervelo?

Thanks!
Last edited by: zachboring: Feb 20, 15 12:45
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking for the same BTA carbon mount for P5, please let me know if you find a source. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David (or anyone),

I am buying a P5-6 from a friend and it came with a Quarq powermeter crankset which I am not buying. I currently have Rotor QXL rings mounted on an FSA Gossamer crankset using a BB30-BB24 bottom bracket converter. In other words, a Shimano compatible crankset/bottom bracket.

Question: Can I use this crankset on the P5-6? If so, what bottom bracket converter do I need to purchase?

Thanks!

Quote | Reply
Not sure if you have looked at the 3t cycling website? They have a webpage showing some spare parts for the Aduro bars.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dkclimber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not technically part of the aduro parts. And was aware of the 3T page. Had lbs order one. All sorted
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
David (or anyone),

I am buying a P5-6 from a friend and it came with a Quarq powermeter crankset which I am not buying. I currently have Rotor QXL rings mounted on an FSA Gossamer crankset using a BB30-BB24 bottom bracket converter. In other words, a Shimano compatible crankset/bottom bracket.

Question: Can I use this crankset on the P5-6? If so, what bottom bracket converter do I need to purchase?

Thanks!

I used a QXL on my P5-6 but I'm not certain which adaptor it used. At any rate, the Rotor BB that mounted the QXL now mounts my DuraAce, so if that helps you sort it out as it sounds like it will work with what you have. As for the switch, the QXL was a chain dropping monster with mechanical ultegra. I have since switched to Di2 Ultegra and I'm thinking about going back to Rotor, but probably the Q-Rings for both riding and operational reasons. I really loved the feel of the QXL and hated to see it go...but multiple techs "fixing" it and still having issues in races meant it had to go. DA is bullet proof. You're going to love the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run my P5-six with a Dura Ace 9000 crank. I use a Rotor (CeramicSpeed) PF4624 bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, guys. I was actually able to score the original Rotor 3D+ aero crankset from the seller and mounted my QXL rings to it. So far the Dura Ace Di2 has worked well with it. Have the chain catcher on it to be sure, though.

Quote | Reply
Hi,

I bought a 2013 p5-6 this winter. My season starts in a couple weeks so I got out the race wheels to start making the adjustments.

I tried to get the rear wheel to fit this morning (after widening the brakes) and the tire seemed too wide for the frame.
The friction wasn't on the brake pads but instead on the calipers that held the brakes.

Now I am not a pro mechanic by any means and didn't have time to diagnose exactly what was going on, but can anyone confirm that a Flo 90 (or similar) Rear Wheel with a 25mm tire can fit on the frame?

Thanks,
Chuck
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slide the wheel back in the dropouts and adjust location of pad holders
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I have just spent 10 mins doing battle with my P5 trying to get the disc back wheel out, and my training back wheel back in. I have always had Trek's where the wheel just drops out with a slight tap from the top, but the P5, what am I doing wrong!? Getting the wheel out isn't too much of a faff, but getting it back in has taken me 10 minutes. Is there a video somewhere with how to do it without swearing!? I'm sure there is a simple way but I cannot figure it out. Cheers.
Quote Reply
The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I'm looking for your help. As my girlfriends is fast but not the tallest she is trying to get her hands on the smalles P5 frame available. She now can choose between a 2013 48 (650c) frame and a new 2015 45 (650c) frame. Our local bike shop tries to tell us, that these frames are exactly the same, but size charts let us believe the 45er of this year is the smaller frame. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you open the brake? I never have any trouble at all.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I have undone the brake. It's more that there seems to be a specific way of getting the wheel in there. When lining up the skewer with the dropouts, the chain is about 2 inches above. I need to then pull down and back on the chain and the whole thing is a massive faff. It seriously takes me the best part of 10 mins to get the thing on and I'm not a mechanical dunce either - just can't work it out.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [schoekler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schoekler wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for your help. As my girlfriends is fast but not the tallest she is trying to get her hands on the smalles P5 frame available. She now can choose between a 2013 48 (650c) frame and a new 2015 45 (650c) frame. Our local bike shop tries to tell us, that these frames are exactly the same, but size charts let us believe the 45er of this year is the smaller frame. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Correct the 45 is a smaller frame, but there is a large overlap in terms of the pad position they can both reach. So it is very easy to find a fit that would fit exactly on both bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to about 3:30 in the video or watch the whole thing if you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVTJeHt7u8
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, that's what I needed. Thanks. Will be doing battle with the back wheel again in about 30 mins, so will give that a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aluminum inner sleeve in the fork steerer tube detached from the carbon tube when I was tapping the star nut down after dropping the cockpit and cutting the fork down. What epoxy or glue do I need to reattach it?

Quote | Reply
zilla wrote:
Hi,

I bought a 2013 p5-6 this winter. My season starts in a couple weeks so I got out the race wheels to start making the adjustments.

I tried to get the rear wheel to fit this morning (after widening the brakes) and the tire seemed too wide for the frame.
The friction wasn't on the brake pads but instead on the calipers that held the brakes.

Now I am not a pro mechanic by any means and didn't have time to diagnose exactly what was going on, but can anyone confirm that a Flo 90 (or similar) Rear Wheel with a 25mm tire can fit on the frame?

Thanks,
Chuck

Our wheels will fit on the P5. The 25mm tire could be a different story BUT I haven't heard of any tire issues with the P5 either.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is minor rub with 25mm tyres, I used the 25mm Mavic Yksion pro link on a training camp and it looked like the rear caliper rubbed away on the left hand side. I thought it was something lodged between the wheel and brake but it looks to be the actual brake. For racing I will revert to 22mm tubs
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a replacement bit of plastic tubing the same as the one which the front gear cable is threaded through as it runs round the bottom bracket? I live in the UK
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys;

what is cervelo crash replacement policy? I just had a close contact with the tarmac and so did my rear der hanger which snapped.

Does this policy apply to Asian Countries?

appreicate help

Artur
Quote Reply

Prev Next