Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The long process of stakeholder cleanup
Quote | Reply
we have a tool, which some of you have seen, many of you have not. its our mapofeverything.

which i may embed on the forum. or at least a prompt to it. i point this out because it's long been due for cleanup, so i'm asking for a big crowdsourcing effort here. what i know we do BADLY now is list races. this will be a major effort for us going forward. what we are much better at is all the other stakeholder groups on that map.

so, my request, is that each of you look at the fitters, bike shops, run stores, clubs, coaches and:

1. PRIMARILY tell me who is no longer in business but still has a listing.
2. SECONDARILY tell me who really ought to be on this master listing but who isn't.

thanks in advance for your help.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your map of everything doesn't include my 2 countries, Canada, or Bermuda.

In Bermuda, you want to add Winners Edge Bike Shop (winnersedge.bm) and Bicycle Works (bicycleworks.bm)

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we have a tool, which some of you have seen, many of you have not. its our mapofeverything.

which i may embed on the forum. or at least a prompt to it. i point this out because it's long been due for cleanup, so i'm asking for a big crowdsourcing effort here. what i know we do BADLY now is list races. this will be a major effort for us going forward. what we are much better at is all the other stakeholder groups on that map.

so, my request, is that each of you look at the fitters, bike shops, run stores, clubs, coaches and:

1. PRIMARILY tell me who is no longer in business but still has a listing.
2. SECONDARILY tell me who really ought to be on this master listing but who isn't.

thanks in advance for your help.
How do we do this? Not efficient to do it in a forum thread. Could be thousands of shops, events, and people to add. Can the unwashed add content to the map w/o requiring admin participation? Do the charms of that idea outweigh the risks? Maybe your database could track which users made which changes, as a means to help everyone behave.

"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Maine:

Peak Performance Multisport is gone and has been for a while. Fleet Feet Maine Running is pretty much there now at 309 Marginal Way. Midcoast Multisport is gone. Fleet Feet Maine Running's second location is now there. Freeman's Bicycle Service is now Boulder Nordic Sport Bike, run by Marc (who was Josh's assistant). Josh has gone on sabbatical. I can probably be removed as a contact for MRC, as should Maggie.

You should have CycleMania on the list, as there was a Road Show there in conjunction with FFMR.

In CT:

Pacific exited run shoes, so I would end that. I need to add the Sound Runner locations, as they're the best run shops in the state. Targetraining is now just focused on the group ride/bike side of the business, so they need to be off the run listings, too. Cycleogy is listed twice for the same location.

I think that covers everything I have knowledge of...

----------------------------------
Blog and Product Reviews | Twitter
"It ain't easy being green..."
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Your map of everything doesn't include my 2 countries, Canada, or Bermuda.




Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't showing up before.

Bicycles Plus just closed. They are merging with Giant Halifax http://www.gianthalifax.ca/en-ca/

Add Cyclesmith http://cyclesmith.ca/

Aerobics First http://aerobicsfirst.com/ - running

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great. now, about the ADD part. that's a bit of a longer process because i need to have the store participate and i don't chase stores. i don't know what brands they carry, when they open and close. they need to help. so the BEST thing for a STORE to do is to help themselves.

but what i CAN easily do is delete a store that is no longer there. or a coach or a fitter who are no longer practicing.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro Cyclery on 9440 W Sahara, Las Vegas, NV 89117 should be added to the list. I bought my Cervelo P3 there and they carry Giant as well.

Wag More, Bark Less
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Tech Multisport in Columbus, OH went out of business earlier this summer. Their fitter, Leanne Charnas, also probably needs removed. Leanne was a co-owner of the store, and I got the impression from talking with her just before they closed that she and her husband were leaving the business altogether.
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [TheMan232] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. man, another good one bites the dust.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
great. now, about the ADD part. that's a bit of a longer process because i need to have the store participate and i don't chase stores. i don't know what brands they carry, when they open and close. they need to help. so the BEST thing for a STORE to do is to help themselves.

but what i CAN easily do is delete a store that is no longer there. or a coach or a fitter who are no longer practicing.
So the process is the store should email you? I can certainly contact the surviving cycling and running stores in our area and encourage them to contact you.

"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Concept Cyclery in Morgan Hill is no longer in business.
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Slowman wrote:
great. now, about the ADD part. that's a bit of a longer process because i need to have the store participate and i don't chase stores. i don't know what brands they carry, when they open and close. they need to help. so the BEST thing for a STORE to do is to help themselves.

but what i CAN easily do is delete a store that is no longer there. or a coach or a fitter who are no longer practicing.

So the process is the store should email you? I can certainly contact the surviving cycling and running stores in our area and encourage them to contact you.

the first step, the SHOP should go here and read "how to enter a retailer" and then enter their own info. then i take it from there.
bike fitters here.
coaches here.

and so forth.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luke's Locker in Plano is now closed.

Trent Nix
Tri Shop - Plano, Texas
http://www.trishop.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Slowman wrote:
great. now, about the ADD part. that's a bit of a longer process because i need to have the store participate and i don't chase stores. i don't know what brands they carry, when they open and close. they need to help. so the BEST thing for a STORE to do is to help themselves.

but what i CAN easily do is delete a store that is no longer there. or a coach or a fitter who are no longer practicing.

So the process is the store should email you? I can certainly contact the surviving cycling and running stores in our area and encourage them to contact you.


the first step, the SHOP should go here and read "how to enter a retailer" and then enter their own info. then i take it from there.
bike fitters here.
coaches here.

and so forth.
Ok, I contacted 4 shops in/near Savannah, GA and encouraged them to get in your database.

"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attempted to edit my event.

I get Race Not Valid with selecting "EDIT THIS RACE (WIKI)"

http://calendar.slowtwitch.com/?error=race_not_valid

------------------------
Cornwall (Ontario) Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i need to know the ID of your event. or better yet just the link to it.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folsom Bike sells Trek and Cervelo Tri bikes

Two locations in Sacramento area:

http://folsombike.com/about/locations-hours-pg68.htm#.WbhDJ9OGPOQ

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,
Re: Austin, TX

Retailers - these are closed:
-Austin Bikes on 5th St.
-Vo2 Tri / Cycles
- Jack & Adams

Jack & Adams was sold to Bicycle World and now operates under that name at a store on S. Lamar Blvd.

I don't see any of the local Austin tris listed under the races, so here is a good start. This is the series that is run by Jack Murray (of old Jack & Adam's fame). His company now manages the Austin Marathon and other big local running events in addition to the local tris around Austin. http://texastriseries.com/

I will update more later

-Doug

TriBike Transport Elite Racing Team
http://www.tribiketransport.com
OFFICIAL BIKE TRANSPORT OF IRONMAN
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [DougEFresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Despite being the home of the Ironman World Championships, apparently Hawaii doesn't rate on the Map of Everything.

Sad.
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enough of this foolishness!





when slowman says "map of everything" he means "map of everything".


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The long process of stakeholder cleanup [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are missing the Fresno/Clovis/Visalia area. I can put together a list. How do you want it?

edit: now I see some results. Weird that many users are not getting results on their first try.
Last edited by: UpandDown: Sep 12, 17 15:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next