Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Ventum Z bike - $5499
Quote | Reply
Ventum displayed the Ventum Z at Interbike. It's $5499 and comes with Di2, a Shimano 105 crankset, and Vision Team 25 wheels. The fork is different and a regular brake is on the front. If anyone wasn't sure about ordering one because of the price, this model now competes with the P3 and Felt IAs in price.

http://lavamagazine.com/...silca-speed-balance/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a nice affordable option, but man that is a disaster with whatever stem/bars that is with the di2 on top.

Would be nice if you could just order the frame/fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need a 3k 105 version. That would kill.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting option but man that bar/stem is a hot mess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's easily the most abhorrent front end of any bike I've seen manufactured in the last 10 years. Maybe ever.

Jimmy has gone on about this new budget model they'd be releasing. 1. $5k is not a "budget" complete build (Ventum and TriRig should team up to sell their overpriced bikes on some direct to dentist website). 2. It comes with an off the shelf 3T fork and the most disgustingly compiled front end ever imagined on anything remotely close to resembling a "superbike".

Why would anyone, ever, consider this over the IAx, PR5 or 6, P2/3 or even a 5 year old Shiv? I'm pretty certain the answers is, no. All of your questions about this bike can be answered with, no. Just no.

When can I get an Andean?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I just cannot get over all of these threads saying $4-5k is a "budget" bike. I guess if the average income for triathletes really is $100k that might not be bad. But for me, as a teacher with a working wife, spending that amount on a damn bike seems insane! I would LOVE to drop that on something but damn this stuff is getting a bit out of hand. It is sad for me to say but no wonder why race entries and such are dropping...things are too damn expensive!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be surprised if anyone paid retail for a bike. Join a triathlon or bike racing team and get the team discount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, the question we will soon be facing is: do I buy a new car or an entry level tri bike. They will soon cost about the same.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. With that front end, why not have upright bars. Looks as aero as a $5000 brick.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
So, the question we will soon be facing is: do I buy a new car or an entry level tri bike. They will soon cost about the same.

Do you mean used car?

Or new car?
If you meant new, do tell where you can get a new car for $5.5k, because I just might head over ...

:^)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was an exaggeration, and I did say "soon." But on a small reality note, you can get a pretty good car for $12K MSRP, and that is only 2x more than Ventum's entry level bike. The price gap between tri bikes and entry level cars is getting smaller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alternatively build your own 'superbike' from a BP Stealth frameset for about €400.

That reminds me, I've got to fit my poor-man's TriRig Omega brake on the front: a €20 NoS Shimano AX Adamas centre pull. Lovely little thing, and its Dura Ace equivalent tested faster than the Omega in Dr. Coggan's wind tunnel.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5500 only gets us 105 nowadays? Wow.....
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nevermind it looks like $9000 after incentives, I've seen em as low as $8,000.

http://www.autotrader.com/...=433486389&Log=0
Last edited by: Runless: Sep 27, 16 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

This is nonsense. Never have you been able to afford more superbike for less money. With the IA16 and some of the P series options from Cervelo, it is totally unconscionable to buy a bike this expensive. It's not faster. It's way uglier. It's far pricier. But dentists need to be unique, after all.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Slow Poke wrote:

No.....it includes Ultegra Di2.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 27, 16 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Man I just cannot get over all of these threads saying $4-5k is a "budget" bike. I guess if the average income for triathletes really is $100k that might not be bad. But for me, as a teacher with a working wife, spending that amount on a damn bike seems insane! I would LOVE to drop that on something but damn this stuff is getting a bit out of hand. It is sad for me to say but no wonder why race entries and such are dropping...things are too damn expensive!

Its ok, with hard work you can blow right past all those 5k bikes. Just because they are expensive doesn't mean the owners can ride them

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not done on this one...sorry Dan but I can't give this a break.

This particular model of bike doesn't make any sense for anyone except for Ventum. I just threw the numbers together, and the cost of goods on the Ventum Z is nearly the same for them as it is the Ventum One BYO option with the exact spec range. It drives me absolutely mad when companies do crap like this...they dumb down the same product at the same cost to them just to provide an option that sucks at a slightly lower price point. That 3T fork costs them close to $200 as an OEM which is a wash with what their own fork costs them to produce...and it's a significantly worse bike. It looks terrible...hall of fame hideous.

I really want to like this bike. In fact, if they offered the frameset 'lite' -- that is to say, the frameset they have + fork minus the open mold front end, for a reasonable price, and reasonable as in Felt IAx frame or IA16 reasonable -- I would strongly consider buying it. Actually no I wouldn't, because I hate the brakes. But all of the foregoing plus the ability to use Omega X brakes or Magura a la Dimond, and I would likely buy it. But holy hell that's a lot of ifs.

On a positive note, I absolutely love the build your own buy flow on their website. This is top notch merchandising and online sales routing. What other company allows you to choose a crank length? It could still be improved (e.g. 1x option), but it's better than anything I've seen in the cycling industry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder what a non Di2 version would cost? Basically, all 105 with OEM fork, same wheels. $4,500?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
All told, it takes a bike that at its top end (the Ventum One limited features an Enve 7.8s wheelset, Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 gruppo and Ceramic Speed’s OSPW oversized rear derailleur jockey) that prices at $14,300 to an ultra-affordable price, still with Di2 electronic shifting, to a super-affordable $5,499….

So excited they just couldn't decide if 5500 is ultra or super affordable, never mind a sentence that would make sense.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jet black wrote:
Looks like a nice affordable option, but man that is a disaster with whatever stem/bars that is with the di2 on top.

Would be nice if you could just order the frame/fork.

There is a lot of demand for a frame option and no bars. We are discussing this possibility and will have an answer post Kona.

We would love to offer that option and love the feedback we have be receiving from ST community. We are listening and adjusting what we do off what is discussed on here. Thank you to everyone.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
They need a 3k 105 version. That would kill.

We will also look into this. We will most likely offer a frame-set option first and if feasible a 105 option.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Interesting option but man that bar/stem is a hot mess.

What bars would you prefer to see on this build option?

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [JimmySeear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many foam bricks do you have at your desk, and how often do you throw them?? :)

The original Ventum is still high on my list. Question - I thought you mentioned a while ago you guys were working on a new integrated bar/stem? Any updates? Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Slow Poke wrote:

105 Cranks only the rest is all Ultegra Di2.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply

Prev Next