Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Return Of Wildflower in 2018
Quote | Reply
Kind of surprised a thread wasn't started on this. I know a bunch of people expressed interest in its return and I always thought this was a great event that everyone needs to do. It was sad to see people balk at the event with the revised format when I can't think of a more fun triathlon in my entire life. So who will be signing up now that it is back?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...ck_in_2018_6354.html

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely in for 2018!

A shame that people balked at the alternative format. It was every bit as hard as the regular course, and TriCal did a lot of work to keep it a Tri as opposed to just eliminating the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
me

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got about 6 of us from Tahoe area planning on the return so far!
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Pikeintahoe1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in! My first was 2016, it was amazing!

I was completely humbled lol

//Noob triathlete//bike commuter//ex-swimmer//slower than you

Last edited by: Freddo: May 17, 17 23:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for sure. My 22nd WF! Coming out from New Jersey
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Freddo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2016 was my first as well (Olympic) and I had an absolute blast. It was absolutely brutal. Can't wait to go back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there with probably 5-10 others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never done it and it has never appealed to me - I'm not interested in the camping thing. Will probably go back to Triple T, IMSG or Santa Rosa in 2018...
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it going to be in May along with IMSR?
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [maddog95835] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Santa Rosa 140.6 is May next year, and the 70.3 is in July (flipping from what 2017 is)

Meaning wildflower is May, and Santa Rosa 70.3 is July in 2018

//Noob triathlete//bike commuter//ex-swimmer//slower than you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are correct. they are flip flopping
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are flip flopping, but I'd rather do IMSR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wildflower has been the first weekend in May for many years, if not all 35 it has been ran. They are saying the first wekend of May for 2018 as well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Never done it and it has never appealed to me - I'm not interested in the camping thing. Will probably go back to Triple T, IMSG or Santa Rosa in 2018...

You could always hotel it in town.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always stayed in a hotel in Paso Robles. It's only a 40 min drive or so in the morning. The camping and RV stuff looks fun, but the hotel amenities outweigh that by a mile.
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I raced I stayed in a home rental at the next door lake. Wife says only way she will allow me to race there again.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. After that really bad heat wave a couple of years ago mine said never again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha. There was a thread about this and a bunch of us did Wildflower 2017. You missed it. The weather was amazing and the water was... well it was present and full of some strange green floating pea algae.

It is incredible to see the lake so full. Lightening in a Bottle this weekend. In case you are wondering....

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: The Return Of Wildflower in 2018 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Ha. There was a thread about this and a bunch of us did Wildflower 2017. You missed it. The weather was amazing and the water was... well it was present and full of some strange green floating pea algae.

It is incredible to see the lake so full. Lightening in a Bottle this weekend. In case you are wondering....

We all know what happened the last time I did a triathlon that wasn't a pro race ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This date flip sucks! How can I get enough pool time by May. Our club pool doesn't open until April.

Freddo wrote:
I thought Santa Rosa 140.6 is May next year, and the 70.3 is in July (flipping from what 2017 is)

Meaning wildflower is May, and Santa Rosa 70.3 is July in 2018
Quote Reply