Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The P5X is here!
Quote | Reply
I found the site and manual. Now where is that guy offering $100 to beat BryanD to the punch

https://ponbic-p.azureedge.net/...files/p5x-manual.pdf

https://www.cervelo.com/en-us/triathlon/p-series/p5x

Also of note, willl have a case co-designed with BIKND as an option

Adding specific p5x page: https://p5x.cervelo.com/
Last edited by: Wifeofatriguy: Oct 5, 16 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [Wifeofatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
On average, the P5X is 30 grams faster than the P5 at +15 to -15 yaw angles in a full Ironman setup.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAH Congrats! I just got out of the bathroom at work. Too bad it's not live on the homepage! great find!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, had to post once I found it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Available in SRAM etap or ultegra Di2. No frame option it looks like.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What we've been waiting for:

Relative to a P5..."30 grams faster, on average, at -15 to 15 yaw angles in full Ironman setup"

In other words....SLOWER.
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Quote:
On average, the P5X is 30 grams faster than the P5 at +15 to -15 yaw angles in a full Ironman setup.
[/quote

What does 30 grams faster mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also to be noted, have not seen a fit envelope chart (meaning, where the pads can be, I've seen the stack/reach) or price listed anywhere yet on the site.
Last edited by: Wifeofatriguy: Oct 4, 16 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
stevej wrote:
Quote:
[/quote

It means the marketing department have been on the sauce.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
stevej wrote:
Quote:
[/quote

Marketing jargon

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will be two versions in four sizes .. and a travel case will be available #

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Oct 4, 16 13:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wifeofatriguy wrote:
Also to be noted, have not seen a fit envelope chart or price listed anywhere yet on the site.

It's on there.....seems to be decently low, but need to see how the stem / front end works to be able to figure out how it all translates.

LMSXLSTACK524496468552REACH423404386442EFFECTIVE SEAT TUBE ANGLE74-8174-8174-8174-81WHEEL SIZE700C700C700C700CHEAD TUBE ANGLE72.572.57172.5FORK OFFSET43435343HEAD TUBE LENGTH1269776156BB DROP75757575FRONT CENTER614587582642REAR CENTER405405405405STAND OVER HEIGHT746702689775

ETA - Well, crap....when I pasted it, it was all nice an tabulated. Once i posted it.....*poof*

https://www.cervelo.com/...x/specs-and-geometry

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Oct 4, 16 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
# and huu, it's low _

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just the frame though yes? How low and long is the cockpit is the questions. Sizing is fairly middle of the road and skips a couple of the in between sizes from the old sizing convention
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It could either turn out to be the best triathlon bike ever made, or a monstrosity of a mess. I'm eager to see third party testing of it. Interesting the new Diamondback and this bike are taking ques from motorcycle racing in these newest iterations of frame design. Seems like a pretty smart idea now that UCI compliance is not on the table.
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nailed it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't say I like the aesthetics but it's growing on me, especially at certain angles. But, still so hard to look at this side by side the new S3 disc which I think is a beautiful bike that integrates the discs very nicely.

Based off the marketing on the product page it seems safe to say they went with the TRP HY/RD specifically to address the concerns over traveling with full hydro. So in other words, they listened and heard one of the biggest concerns about disc brakes and thought they could mitigate it without giving up on discs entirely. They did this for you.

That seems to be working out real well for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As expected, the finalized version looks a lot more finely finished than the prototype photos that had been posted earlier. It also looks much better in the video on their site than I thought it did up until now. It's grown on me, and I thought it was an aesthetic abomination until now. The calipers/brakes are, unexpectedly, still horrendous.

And I don't know what "30 grams faster" means.

I doubt that it means, "Run out and spend $10,0000 right now!"

Edit to add: and I still want the new BMC instead of this.
Last edited by: craigj532: Oct 4, 16 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit, this actually seems well designed. I like what they did with the two-piece base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of interesting design decisions here!

1) A two part base bar! Not sure why this is necessary... Seems like they are just adding an additional point of failure and putting a lot of stress on those bolts!

2) If you take the bolts that holds a bottle or the Speedcase out your cables will come unbolted from the frame internally.

3) The aerobar riser idea seems interesting. Means the nosecone is much more structural now but saves your from having to play with spacers and different bolt lengths, etc.

Last edited by: rlh212: Oct 4, 16 13:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pro-shot photos on the site make it look much nicer than the leaked ones we've already seen.

As has been stated, it's really not a svelte machine at all. But I'm sure a lot of people will like it, particularly with all the storage options.

The video is well-done too.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo Marketing wrote:
stevej wrote:

It means that if you are one of these guys, you have a place to store all your stuff:

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you thought seatpost slip was annoying! I can't wait to hear of the first slipping or someone overtightening the wedge and cracking that riser. That may never happen, but I can sure imagine it.
Quote Reply
Re: The P5X is here! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So....rim brake option or version before the "redesign"?

https://ponbic-p.azureedge.net/en-us/cdn/media/images/engineering/old%20cdf%20thumbnails/acm.jpg?w=1440&q=70&hash=C07DB59FA6FB34AC5470139642D07D0636C18768
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the photo of front end integration cable suggests a brake caliper option up front vs. these disc brakes. If that is in play it would be very interesting.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply

Prev Next