Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of private planes, see Matty Reed's Facebook. Hmmmmmmmm
Matty Reed Triathlete
yeap just flying economy commercial airline to panama. no private jet here.just alot of hard work and willingness to fight packed, along with a few equipment essentials. sunshine here i come. #havemypassport

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Best result: Lance Armstrong, DNS." Why would that be the best result?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Trifecta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top 15 guys at Kona average 25mph on the bike. You really think Lance isn't capable of better than that?? Really??

I think you have been hanging out with Demi Moore.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome post!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan of everything Lance might do being hyped. Sure, great cyclist. I'm more interested in how Paul Amey will do.
If Lance ends up competing regularly on long course then I'll be interested. Right now he's a 70.3 phantom -- he's done pretty well in XTerra, and he used to be fantastic on short course. A few years ago he was doing mountain bike racing up at Leadville and doing well.

So to help kill all the wild speculation, a DNS might be best IMO. Then if he does compete it'll be without as much hype. If he wins something, bring the fanfare on. I'll cheer. Until then, I'm curious, but I think it detracts from the other athletes' achievements and professional standing to hype up Lance.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/...s/167472162037448704

"I love triathlon. Where else can you compete as an amateur alongside the best athletes in the world: Crowie, Rinny, the Raelerts & Lance!" Andrew Messnick just now

Looks like Lance will be racing something. Who knows when.

Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He says he is going to do an "ironmantri". Not sure if he means 140.3 or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that hype is going to happen whenever he decides to do a tri. I am sure the pro men that are racing him, welcome it....gives them a little more motivation to crush lance. All those pro's know lances intentions.....hopefully, it will be a big boost for all the pro's that have been racing a long time as far as money coming in for prizes , more sponsors, etc....
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good spot on Twitter... (I don't follow Lance).
Still, here's the picture he tweeted with that:
Can Slowtwitch critique Armstrong's aero position? Who's crazy enough to start??
http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/2504388

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drsteve wrote:
I'm not a fan of everything Lance might do being hyped. Sure, great cyclist. I'm more interested in how Paul Amey will do.
If Lance ends up competing regularly on long course then I'll be interested. Right now he's a 70.3 phantom -- he's done pretty well in XTerra, and he used to be fantastic on short course. A few years ago he was doing mountain bike racing up at Leadville and doing well.

I'd say breaking the course record in 2009 by beating the guy who won the last 6 in a row is a little better than..."doing well"....
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
drsteve wrote:

I'd say breaking the course record in 2009 by beating the guy who won the last 6 in a row is a little better than..."doing well"....

Sure, but on his second attempt. He was beaten, by the guy whose record he took, in 2008 (and in 2008 David Wiens set yet another course record). Lance came back to win after that, and with an awesome time (smashing the course record). Lance's course record has since been broken, with four riders faster than his old course record. It's not like he showed up once, smashed the record and no-one can touch it. He's a top professional cyclist, not Astroboy. He was doing well. I stand by that.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
The top 15 guys at Kona average 25mph on the bike. You really think Lance isn't capable of better than that?? Really??

23-25 mph was the range for the top 25 overall at Kona last year, about the same for Vegas. These are the top guys putting down these times.

Is LA capable of doing better stand alone, absolutely. However, I think it is fair to say pacing is going to be an issue given lack of recent and elite level experience running off the bike and biking after a swim. Lance maybe racing pro, but he is not a elite level pro triathlete right now. A 2:10 bike split is going to be at or near the top in most 70.3. If Lance does 2:10 (almost 26 mph), he will pay for it on the run. He ran a 1:22 at the Livestrong Houston Half Marathon last year, stand alone on fresh legs.

Part of me hopes he goes sub-4 with a 2:05 bike and lays it down for the win, but his past results do not indicate this is likely.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll say top-3, behind Lieto and Docherty. I see Lance having a nice lead out of T-2 and losing the race on the run. 3:57.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:

Michie Weiss seemed to overtake him quite easily at Maui.... (another can of worms)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to figure in Amey, Boom Boom, Henning, Cunningham, and Tollakson. The field is stacked for an early season race and it will definitely be a good gauge to see where his fitness is over the distance.

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just bummed his swim wave is only 4 minutes behind mine. It would be cool to be passed on the bike by him, but he will probably get me in the water and I won't even know it. My prediction: 4:09:15.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chicked!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [tricuz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tricuz wrote:
I'm just bummed his swim wave is only 4 minutes behind mine. It would be cool to be passed on the bike by him, but he will probably get me in the water and I won't even know it. My prediction: 4:09:15.

Pros go off first so you won't be seeing him at all.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's going to do IMMT. Said it before, I'll say it again. It's perfect for him & the race.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahahahaha

You seem hurt or something? Dont be angry with me I didnt feed your hero all the EPO.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cake wrote:
hahahahahahaha

You seem hurt or something? Dont be angry with me I didnt feed your hero all the EPO.

Not hurt at all, I just like to acknowledge deserving accomplishments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3:57

Along with the fastest bike split of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [jrd5497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FROM TEAM LIVESTRONG (email from Lance)

This is a big decision, and I wanted to make sure you heard from me first.
In a few hours, I’m getting on a plane to Panama to race in a triathlon—and I have committed to race in four more with Team LIVESTRONG in 2012.
Getting back into competition will be a big challenge for me personally, but it’s nothing compared to what we need to accomplish this year in the fight against cancer.
The first race is days away, and it would mean so much to me and every Team LIVESTRONG member to know we have your support.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he racing as a pro? I thought I heard he was racing as an AG'er. Would make more sense for him to race as a Pro though. I guess he has his card from doing Xterra.
Quote Reply

Prev Next