Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:03

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:02::23.7
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:04:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what was the winning time last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He will DNF since he will not start. This smells of more Juan Pelota is doing Kona in '09, '10 and '11 crap to me. He won't even show up at the starting line.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance, the greatest of all time

Call of Duty
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cake wrote:
If he is doping again then there will be no stopping him.

Congrats....you're a winner!

http://tinyurl.com/6sr4gvs

Last edited by: J_R: Feb 8, 12 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under 4:00 - Whoa. Doubt it. But, last time I predicted a LA time for his 500, I was pretty far off.

It'll be interesting to see if he takes a Lieto approach on the bike, or if he leaves some legs for the run. I think he is capable of running under 1:20 but I guess it'll depend on how hard he works the bike.

That said, I think he needs to work the bike and race off the front and then suffer through the run to better his chances of a high finish. Maybe he'll get some top pros to go with him and blow up, but I doubt they will fall for that.

For what it is worth, I think he COULD take Lieto but wont in this race.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [clietzow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clietzow wrote:
Under 4:00 - Whoa. Doubt it. But, last time I predicted a LA time for his 500, I was pretty far off.

It'll be interesting to see if he takes a Lieto approach on the bike, or if he leaves some legs for the run. I think he is capable of running under 1:20 but I guess it'll depend on how hard he works the bike.

That said, I think he needs to work the bike and race off the front and then suffer through the run to better his chances of a high finish. Maybe he'll get some top pros to go with him and blow up, but I doubt they will fall for that.

I don't think he could take Lieto... Chris is too strong on the bike and will be close to Lance's time over 90k.

I agree that he needs to blow up the bike and then hold on. It will be interesting to see what happens and his strategy!

www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [clietzow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's no point in saying he could, if he doesnt.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He will be so fast that they will quit even having 70.3 races because the standard he will set will beuntouchable.

He will singlehandedly end triathlon as we know it
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think ALL conversations about "whats his face" should be in pink. ...and pink should be made the official "who gives a fuck" color

--------------------------------------------------

Triathlon was started by a bunch of kids at the swimming hole, who heard the ice cream man. They swam to their bikes, chased down the truck, jumped off their bikes, and ran to be first in line.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orcaman wrote:
clietzow wrote:

I don't think he could take Lieto... Chris is too strong on the bike and will be close to Lance's time over 90k.

I agree that he needs to blow up the bike and then hold on. It will be interesting to see what happens and his strategy!

Chris is certainly no master tactician as has been proven time and time again. Not to sound too harsh but he sort of races like an idiot at times. He may try to hold Lance's wheel and completely cook himself... or he may not.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanpelota Juan Pelota
Just off the bike with the @BontragerLS boys. 115 tough miles. Great kids. They even took it easy on the old man - sorta.
6 Feb

Hold on a minute: Lets say you were training hard as a triathlete...Would you be doing KOM's with a cycling team in Austin 2 days before a 70.3 race???
There is photo's all over my facebook page of Lance riding what seems to be pretty hard and for 115 miles of sub-hilly country. I aint a pro, but it seems to me that Lance didn't go to Panama and I think it's waaaaay to late to head down now. I just a called a buddy in Austin and Lance was around town this morning. I think this whole thread was useless...

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri or Die wrote:
juanpelota Juan Pelota
Just off the bike with the @BontragerLS boys. 115 tough miles. Great kids. They even took it easy on the old man - sorta.
6 Feb

Hold on a minute: Lets say you were training hard as a triathlete...Would you be doing KOM's with a cycling team in Austin 2 days before a 70.3 race???
There is photo's all over my facebook page of Lance riding what seems to be pretty hard and for 115 miles of sub-hilly country. I aint a pro, but it seems to me that Lance didn't go to Panama and I think it's waaaaay to late to head down now. I just a called a buddy in Austin and Lance was around town this morning. I think this whole thread was useless...

Well, FWIW, the race is Sunday, so today is 4 days before the race. 2 days before the race would be Friday.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri or Die wrote:

you should see what he did 2 days before his first world championship

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He also has his own plane... For him goin there would be like driving a couple hours to the race
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winner chicken dinner. I bet he is on the plane on Thursday and while he might be able to eventually beat Chris he won't until he does a couple races. Pacing a triathlon is much different than road racing.

Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
association of cheating? WTF?

And yet I get freakin' slammed when I bring up Sister M*%onna! :-(

There just ain't any justice in this world!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lame--just answer the post. If you want to flame Lance then start your own post---close to Troll-like behaviour....don't go to the darkside!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orcaman wrote:
clietzow wrote:

X2

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, Leanda Cave just retweeted some story about Lance possibly being at Panama, followed by "It's on!".
She's travelling now (according to her Twitter), so why couldn't Lance be heading there tomorrow?

Best result: Lance Armstrong, DNS.
If he shows: 3:54:31. Behind Lieto and Amey.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
He also has his own plane... For him goin there would be like driving a couple hours to the race

Rumors are that he sold his plane... but I'm sure he could use the Nike plane.. ;)

www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
Tri or Die wrote:

you should see what he did 2 days before his first world championship

what did he do?

Call of Duty
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Trifecta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trifecta wrote:
No way he goes sub-4:00 - I can see him going no faster than 4:07 and that is generous. My bet is on 4:20.

S - 25:00 (based upon 49:12 at Red Liquorice 2.4 mile swim on 4/14/11)
B- 2:14 (25 mph)
R-1:25 (based on 1:22 at Livestrong Half on 2/21/11)
T1 & T2: 3:00

Good analysis and you'll probably be right but I could definitely see him going sub 4. To wit:

-49 min IM equates to a 23.5 min H-IM....4:05:30
-On that couse with good conditions he does a 2:09----4:00:30
-Transitions.....might be a bit generous---4:01:00
-I think if he needs to he can run 1:23:30.....3:59:30

Again, needs to be good conditions....calm and not so hot.

Of course the real question is how high will he place....

Quote Reply

Prev Next