Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn it, Galidez needs to slow it down and Reed needs to pick it up for my top 6 to work out.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance is really struggling now. He's only put 1:50 on Lieto in 6.5 miles and only leads overall by 1:45. Going to be tough to get top 20 now.

Swimmer
http://www.usprotri.com/LAMASTRA.html
http://www.bodyphyxinternational.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [jimswim99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimswim99 wrote:
Lance is really struggling now. He's only put 1:50 on Lieto in 6.5 miles and only leads overall by 1:45. Going to be tough to get top 20 now.

I wasn't going to say anything, until he was like a mile out so he could still walk in.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike! Who's in fantasy land now! How do you like your crow.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
There is no way he is even top 10, you people are lost in lance fanboy land. Take a good hard look at that list of serious athletes who have gone the distance and proven their worth, lance is lance, but this is not Xterra. Sure top 20 is doable, but closer to 20th is more reasonable.

Yeah. There's that option too. Or not?

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
There is no way he is even top 10, you people are lost in lance fanboy land. Take a good hard look at that list of serious athletes who have gone the distance and proven their worth, lance is lance, but this is not Xterra. Sure top 20 is doable, but closer to 20th is more reasonable.

Just NO WAY he can be top 10 is there Mike? Would you like a bottle of water to wash your feet down?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Predict 3:51:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3:50 and second place. Pretty good for a debut.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Mike is going to say anything.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i predict second place
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to hear what Macca says about it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Cake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;-)

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout 20K views and 230+ posts on an ST Sunday morning?

Yeah, this is going to be bad for the sport... I bet you Dan just hates this.

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [LewisElliot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strongly agree that you should post here more often. Thanks for the insight.

http://stlifeontherun.blogspot.com
Official Polar Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Below 3:51 is quite impressive, certainly better than I would've guessed for his first 70.3 coming back.

So who won this little contest? Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't something like 3:53 the fastest prediction? He pawned the whole board!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [CSU_Prof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim and bike were not a surprise for anyone.

1:17 run for Lance is hella impressive given ALL of his other run race results, including standalone races. Yes, he's run a 2:40 marathon, but I'd still be expecting closer to 1:22-1:25 after a bike/swim at 70.3 distance, or worse given that running is clearly his worst discipline.

Scary part is to think that if he's all in, there's a 100% chance that he's just going to improve on the run, which will also likely improve his bike, as he won't need to hold back as he was clearly doing at Panama. Makes you wonder if he could have won the whole thing outright if he opened up the engines on the bike - although I agree that the risk of blowing up on the run for him drastically increase witha hard bike compared to run-centric pro triathletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [CSU_Prof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wins it with 3:53 if I'm not mistaken.
I called 3:54:31, and a third place finish. Apparently I was quite wrong!

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insidious wrote:
Win or place. 3:54 .

I flipped through the pages quickly, but it looks like we had 3 people that called a 3:54 time (before race start).....but Insidious gets the tiebreaker with the win or place tag. Nice work.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under 3:51.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
I can't wait to hear what Macca says about it.

I was so thinking about macca...

would love to see LA LANCED Macca... that would be PRICELESS!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drsteve wrote:

Nope. He said winner goes 3:53, but Lance at 4:00 +- 1.

You tied for second.
Last edited by: 3Aims: Feb 12, 12 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
Insidious wrote:
Win or place. 3:54 .

I flipped through the pages quickly, but it looks like we had 3 people that called a 3:54 time (before race start).....but Insidious gets the tiebreaker with the win or place tag. Nice work.

;) thanks.

I think I get extra credit for calling the run he was going to bust out too...1:17 is still mortal but putting it down after a very competitive 2nd bike and FOP swim leg is the big move for him. I didn't watch the live feed but looks like he and Leito were within spitting distance of one another until after t2. He can ride with that guy and run reasonably well (7th based on the finishers who matter) off the effort anyway.

Damn impressive from any angle....It will be fun to watch his year.
Last edited by: Insidious: Feb 12, 12 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Lance Armstrong Panama 70.3 Time Prediction Thread [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I just know Macca isn't going to hold back his thoughts. I want to know if he IS impressed or not. After seeing some of his comments on Lance, I just want to know if Macca is surprised or not. I don't think he thought Lance could race as well as he did today. I could be wrong, but Macca did say he was going to watch this race very closely about a day before Lance was announced to race. My guess is, he knew he was racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
drsteve wrote:

Nope. He said winner goes 3:53, but Lance at 4:00 +- 1.

You tied for second.

Pretty close....as the swim was a good 5 minutes fast for a 70.3....

So awesome to see Lance do so well....

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team