Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Official Falco V Bike Thread
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the geometry chart with stack and reach?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where/when can I get one!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are people excited about a bike that uses a production/off the shelf chinese fork and aerobar (FM086)?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the former beam bike owners are excited. As a previous owner of 3 softrides, you really need to try one before you appreciate the step back many of today's bikes are. In some ways today's bike are a step forward also.

I suspect that the handlebars can be changed.

My biggest concern is the 1 bottle only, not sure where a 2nd would go, but havig to rig it for a standard cage for training. Hopefully that would hold a large bottle. (that's a step back from some super bikes IMO but I live next door to hell in the summer)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can understand that. I just dont see how a bike being touted as the fastest available, can use an open mold fork and bar, and still excite people? Why would you go through the "hassle" of designing and building everything else but arguably the most important part of the bike? And then source it open mold?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I think the former beam bike owners are excited. As a previous owner of 3 softrides, you really need to try one before you appreciate the step back many of today's bikes are. In some ways today's bike are a step forward also.

My biggest concern is the 1 bottle only, not sure where a 2nd would go, but havig to rig it for a standard cage for training. Hopefully that would hold a large bottle. (that's a step back from some super bikes IMO but I live next door to hell in the summer)

Aside from the standard BTA, from what I could tell, and what Herbert wrote, that's the same seatpost clamping area as the P5 and Plasma 3 so it should allow for an X-Lab Delta Sonic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that with today's tri saddles having integrated bottles holders or options to add bottles, it should not be a big issue to add a bottle or two behind the saddle for training. A BTA set up on the front and you have 3 normal bottles and you could slice the aerobottle and make it a spares holder.

As for the overall design, I agree with the comments about the forks and brakes. I think it could have been better done especially with the attention to detail on the frame. Maybe it was to keep the overall costs lower. We will have to see.

I also think it is a bit of a stretch to say it has "Total integrated hydration system" Am I missing something. It has a sculpted out area for an aero bottle. To me a "TIHS" would be what Specialized is offering with their Fuelselage Integrated hydration system.

I would like to see some braze ons on the top tube to put on some storage as well behind the stem.

Just my thoughts and you can take them for whatever you want.
Last edited by: BMANX: Sep 19, 13 12:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Yea but this bike looks like it will ride like a Y Foil not a Softride or Zipp. I do not understand why all the Softride and Zipp fans are thinking this is the second coming of their beloved bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [lurch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone speak to using a beam bike on a trainer? I do a ton of trainer work (it's just easier/more time efficient during the work week) so I've wondered this when thinking about a new frame.

Seems like it would slowly break it over time. That could just be a naive fear but logically seems being locked in place it would hurt the integrity of the beam during hard sessions (again over time, not that I put down enough watts to break a toothpick).

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten (or never known) Dimond Bike. http://dimondbikes.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [mrbaseball0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how would this stack up to something like a P5?

equal, faster or slower?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick_Barkley wrote:

They don't believe in frame x,y
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4796340#4796340

However, if you look at the post above that one you'll see that I have calculated those figures anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick B wrote:
Via Falco:

Stack/reach: 500/380 (S); 525/395 (M); 555/415 (L). Min/Max Seat Height: 680-740 (S); 720-780 (M); 765-840 (L).

(Blame the Google for the bump.) ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is also on their white paper: http://www.falcobike.com/ttwhitepaper.pdf (Stack and Reach Numbers)

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uucee wrote:
Min/Max Seat Height: 680-740 (S); 720-780 (M); 765-840 (L)
Do you know where they're measuring seat height to? I'm assuming from BB centre, but then vertically or diagonally to where exactly? And those figures are the absolute minimum, even if you cut the seat post down?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Falco V Bike Thread [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
It is also on their white paper
Blame ST for the lame link CSS. (See: "Stack/Reach" jump to the PDF.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice that the dimensions on the graph displayed in this post is a little off from that in their white paper?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/url][/img][/url][/img]

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest where can I get the cap to cover the top of the fork area if I were to use a aftermarket stem instead of the stock stem that came with the Falco V? That stock stem weighs a tonne! If I were to use an aftermarket stem, the hollow part at he top of the fork area will be exposed.

I see from some pictures in Google, they have a cap to cover that area for the newer framesets (as attached). Can anyone recommend where can I get it?

Thanks all!

Freemanloh
Last edited by: Freemanloh: Jun 23, 17 20:27
Quote Reply