Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here!
Quote | Reply
This is a really nice color option compared to all white/blue

http://www.cervelo.com/...kes/p-series/p2.html

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 30, 15 12:43
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh-oh, might finally be time for a new frame upgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will still wait for 135 frames. One can use a spacer to use I believe 130 wheels. Wonder if Cervelo will lead or follow this change coming.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what????

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he's referring to the rear dropout width. Can accommodate for wider hubs between the forks. Not sure why it's necessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Will still wait for 135 frames. One can use a spacer to use I believe 130 wheels. Wonder if Cervelo will lead or follow this change coming.

You'll be waiting forever to get all that stuff you keep talking about. Everyone else will be busy riding.

Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
I think he's referring to the rear dropout width. Can accommodate for wider hubs between the forks. Not sure why it's necessary.

If one wants disc brakes.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But why would anyone want disc brakes? Oh right, stupidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maguras brake just as well as my disc brakes on my cross bike.

Haven't really tried them in a down pour yet though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This is time stamped 15:56:
h2ofun wrote:

At 15:25 in another thread regarding this exact same bike you posted:
Quote:
Question I have is why even get a new bike? I just bought a 2009. Works will all my 10 speed stuff. The BB is such on the older frames I was able to be a square taper BB in it and use
my various ST cranks.

I honestly don't care in general but figured this was a good opporunity to point out an example of why you think people pick on you. Within roughly 30 minutes time you posted two completely contradictory things about the EXACT SAME BIKE!

Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:

This is time stamped 15:56:
h2ofun wrote:

At 15:25 in another thread regarding this exact same bike you posted:
Quote:
Question I have is why even get a new bike? I just bought a 2009. Works will all my 10 speed stuff. The BB is such on the older frames I was able to be a square taper BB in it and use
my various ST cranks.

I honestly don't care in general but figured this was a good opporunity to point out an example of why you think people pick on you. Within roughly 30 minutes time you posted two completely contradictory things about the EXACT SAME BIKE!

How? I bought a older used bike so I could use all the stuff I have and save a LOT of money.

I did not go new because there are just too many things coming that will make the existing bikes not worth much. So decided to wait to see what happens next year.

An issue for a new frame will be the ability to get 200mm cranks. I am assuming none of my existing stuff would work but for now, staying with the pre 2014 P2 Cervelo frame allows my BB change and
the ability to use all my 10 speed stuff with no changes. Best bang for the buck.

So, seems real logical to me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very good looking
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
black is the new black!

what is old, is new.

Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
odin99 wrote:
black is the new black!

what is old, is new.

P2sl is like gold people who have then don't let them go. I kick myself for selling mine.
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expect to see a lot of these bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy hotness. Is there any way to get one as a frameset? I upgraded most of the components on my "classic" P2 and would love to be able to just transfer them straight over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is hot. I really dig it. I've been bashing Cervelo's paint on most of their bikes for the last couple years, and this, along with the new black/black S5 are looking good.
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I like the S3 but I just can't fathom another red bike so I'm not buying the S3. If it were all black or all grey like they have on the back half of the bike, then I'd go for that. Sad that a paint scheme is affecting my buying decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine should be in tomorrow hopefully or at the latest early next week. I'm adding a few upgrades but being my first tri-bike I will wait till the fall to upgrade the wheels and cockpit. Really just want cosmics and the 3t aura base so I may pull the trigger early who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sad that a paint scheme is affecting my buying decision.

What!? That is like, almost the most important decision. Me, I'd never ride a bike with red on it. Just my preference.
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have red on a bicycle!

Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't this bike have the 3t aura base?
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martman wrote:
Sad that a paint scheme is affecting my buying decision.

You're not alone.

My club colours are black, white, and red.
I pretty much only buy race stuff in these colours - it's a serious consideration.
Quote Reply
Re: The Black/White 2015 Cervelo P2 is here! [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interested in seeing a pic of yours when it comes. Mine is on order as well and I've found sometimes the colors look slightly different in the online marketing than they do in person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone help me out with a little P2 history please? I can't find the 2013 on Bikepedia, any Cervelo for that matter. Was that year still an English threaded bb shell or did they go to some sort of press fit standard by then?

Also, what kind of $ would you attach to a 2013? Also a 2009? Both are stock builds. Thanks! I have been out of the loop on used carbon and will be inspecting a couple of P2's this weekend for a friend mech wise.....have no idea what current used market prices are....thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next