Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Come on guys, lets see the results!

You can thank Tom A et al for the delay. It's going to take me a bit of time to redo everything in CdA. I guess I should have run this by you all first rather than studying every other study of this type ever and following suit
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did any of those guys contribute to the gofundme?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
georged wrote:
6 is so asymetric that I'm guessing it's the Ventum. Which is a pity, because it's not a bare frame, it's a bike with 1.4l incorporated (but no other integration yet - why they don't split the box for repair kit and solids is beyond me, but might relate to patents). I hope I'm wrong.

1 is probably the P5-6, in which case I hope nobody reads this because I'd like to get a second-hand one and they haven't reached affordability yet. That bike is like the Porsche 911 of triathlon.

Am I missing something about the Ventum? I've seen the bike in person at least a dozen times now and can't recall any asymmetries. Also, supposedly Z frames do well at low yaw and less well at high yaw.

My totally "sucked-from-beer-bottle" guess is that #3 is the Ventum.

Cervelo P5-6 and Tactical #1 or #2.

What did I win?
Last edited by: windschatten: Jun 18, 17 20:23
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schwinn Varsity with Scott DH bars & a Bikestream hydration system?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
georged wrote:
6 is so asymetric that I'm guessing it's the Ventum. Which is a pity, because it's not a bare frame, it's a bike with 1.4l incorporated (but no other integration yet - why they don't split the box for repair kit and solids is beyond me, but might relate to patents). I hope I'm wrong.

1 is probably the P5-6, in which case I hope nobody reads this because I'd like to get a second-hand one and they haven't reached affordability yet. That bike is like the Porsche 911 of triathlon.

Am I missing something about the Ventum? I've seen the bike in person at least a dozen times now and can't recall any asymmetries. Also, supposedly Z frames do well at low yaw and less well at high yaw.

My totally "sucked-from-beer-bottle" guess is that #3 is the Ventum.

Cervelo P5-6 and Tactical #1 or #2.

What did I win?

One note is the kink on the NDS of #3 and #5 looks an awful lot like the kink in the P5 and P5x data from Cervelo's own testing. So, actually, scrap that last prediction. My final answer:

1. Premier Tactical
2. Ventum
3. P5
4. Diamondback Andean
5. P5x
6. Felt

If that ends up being the case it would be a tough choice between the Premier Tactical and the Ventum. Hard to argue with the utility of the Ventum's integrated hydration but the Premier Tactical is also one heck of a value and a well thought out "total package".
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit you have been around as long as I have
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Scott DH bars hanging around w/original elbow pads in good shape.
I remember the bike stream as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

I can't speak for Tom, but yes I contributed ($100).

blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventum is ugly though. Same for the P5X and other like bikes. YMMV.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

You can thank Tom A et al for the delay. It's going to take me a bit of time to redo everything in CdA. I guess I should have run this by you all first rather than studying every other study of this type ever and following suit

As my Dad used to say, "There's always time to do it right."

You're welcome ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

Yup...and one of the first ones too, IIRC...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
kileyay wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

As my Dad used to say, "There's always time to do it right."

You're welcome ;-)

And my dad says, "shit or get off the pot".

Happy father's day!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

If that ends up being the case it would be a tough choice between the Premier Tactical and the Ventum. Hard to argue with the utility of the Ventum's integrated hydration but the Premier Tactical is also one heck of a value and a well thought out "total package".

I don't find the Ventum's integrated hydration appealing. If they came out with an option to mount a standard bottle there plus have some integrated storage I'd be more interested. But they why bother paying a massive premium when you can have the Tactical?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How far away are the results?
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The appeal for me with the Ventum's storage isn't that they have integrated hydration - lots of bikes have that - it is the AMOUNT of integrated hydration. I race full distance with Infinit and need two bottles to fuel me for the whole bike leg. I also pick up water from the aid stations which goes BTA. So I already have to put an aero bottle on the frame or behind my arse for fuel, and unless I pick up from special needs I have to do both.

I like it to be simple. With the Ventum I could put the whole lot in the integrated bottle and put water in my BTA cage. Job done, with little or no aero penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
How far away are the results?

Not far. I'm trying to turn around an updated draft by the weekend, and then as mentioned several people are editing / reviewing it. Assuming they turn it around somewhat quickly and don't have major changes I am hoping for the middle of next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can understand that. I race IM with a concentrated nutrition drink but I prefer it to be cool or at least not hot. I pack a bottle in a small disposable cooler with an ice pack to swap at special needs. The "stop" has never cost me more than 10-15sec and sometimes I want something else from my bag anyway.

knighty76 wrote:
The appeal for me with the Ventum's storage isn't that they have integrated hydration - lots of bikes have that - it is the AMOUNT of integrated hydration. I race full distance with Infinit and need two bottles to fuel me for the whole bike leg. I also pick up water from the aid stations which goes BTA. So I already have to put an aero bottle on the frame or behind my arse for fuel, and unless I pick up from special needs I have to do both.

I like it to be simple. With the Ventum I could put the whole lot in the integrated bottle and put water in my BTA cage. Job done, with little or no aero penalty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a front page article being written to go along with the results or will the results just be dumped into a new thread?

Does Monday count as midweek?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
Is there a front page article being written to go along with the results or will the results just be dumped into a new thread?

There will be a new thread. I don't know whether Dan will cover it. I'm about to send him a draft, and I guess he'll make a decision then.

chriselam wrote:
Does Monday count as midweek?

I said midweek next week, didn't I? If I didn't, that's what I meant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did say next week, but you said it last week, which I would think is this week. But you mean what is now next week I guess.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just keep doing what you're doing. Thumbs up emoji or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I'm just excited.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello kileyay and All,

Thanks for a nicely run aero project ....

Ta - Da!!

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6331699#p6331699

Yes .... Cervélo .... signature plot.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are the actual results?

Why not put them somewhere where they can be found?
Last edited by: hkultala: Aug 23, 18 0:54
Quote Reply
Re: The Aero Bike Shootout: The Results are Imminent ... in 14.06 Days [hkultala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hkultala wrote:
Where are the actual results?

Why not put them somewhere where they can be found?

There has been an article on Slowtwitch homepage back in the day

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RrY_TRtezdc2pYSHJ1cVllUjQ/view
Last edited by: Rachela: Aug 23, 18 1:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next