Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanksgiving
Quote | Reply
Not a frequent poster, but a frequent reader(lurker), just wishing all a happy Thanksgiving. I am thankfull for Ella Newby age 4, Joseph Armstrong age 2 and Kona Grace age 7 months, and beautiful wife Jodi Lee. Hope all feel as lucky as I am. Going to enjoy a day off with an easy jog stroll ( 2 kids, net 70 lb or so) then clean for the relatives. Beer is already chillen. Peace. Al Glenn.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [CLAM MAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving to you also. Are those your kids real names?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes they are. They might hate us later in life, or hopefully they will understand the meaning behind their names. Of course Joseph Armstrong being born 13'2 lb. doesn't lend himself to being a stellar biker/triathlete i guess there is always hope. Of course the Eagles could need a lineman in 2024 or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
13.2!!! Man Joe must be one little Buddha. By the power visted in me by my grandfather Will I dub J.A. "Oatmeal". Oatmeal is my grandfather's term for any chunky child. May Oatmeal have a great life and eat you out of house and home.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tibbs, oatmeal it will be when i go home tonight. Just killing some time before closing so appreciate the conversation/observation. Peace Al Glenn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely! Happy Thanksgiving to all. My most favorite of all holidays. Enjoy yourselves, have fun, be safe, and think of all the things that make you a truly fortunate person.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I mention my Giant? I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
thankful for my Giant OCR2. Plus the aerobars that my favorite santa through in with the bike. I am
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
thankful for the person that has helped me back in the game. Plus all of y'all of course.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite holiday as well. One year as a kid we got word that there would be no Thanksgiving dinner as usual, times were hard I guess. It just so happened a big storm rolled in on Wednesday providng my brothers and I what we needed. We hit the streets with the shovels and worked all day. A mighty fine dinner that one was. Then one Thanksgiving as an adult I worked with my father-in-law, and brother-in-law splitting wood all day. Three big guys hammering for 8 hrs worked up quite the collective appetite. No left-overs that year! This year in the ICU we'll all bring in a dish, chapster has the turkey this year, gather together and speak Thanks for another year. This one should be special, a very young newlywed escaped a massive brain bleed, its sure nice to finally win one of those! Good memories, thanks for reading.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My youngest son is named Jonah and everybody assumes it is the biblical Jonah and the whale thing. Little do they know he was basically named after a CC runner named Jonah Koech. We were looking for "J " names, it fit, and I had the context as I always got my butt kicked by Jonah Koech. I doubt many people have heard of him but he was a Kenyan runner that ran for Iowa State and won multiple titles in track and CC in the early 90's.
Quote Reply
Happy Thanksgiving FATSO! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ain't that the purpose of the holiday. Give thanks. Eat. Visit with friends and family. Eat. Watch football. Eat. Take a nap. Eat. Clean up. Eat. Get ready for bed. Eat. Wake up, have your hardest workout of the year, while everyone else is out killing themselves trying to shop.

-Open water swimming, I fear not. 40 mph wipeout, I fear not. Getting attacked by angry dogs, I fear not. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving, I think I need to change my underwear.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Thanksgiving FATSO! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that I rank providing Thanksgiving dinner for the family somewhere between an oly and a 1/2 IM on the exertion meter. Was prepping/baking for hours hours last night, up at 5 this morning to start the rest. But it's all worth it. I have a very good life, and a lot to be thankful for.

I am looking forward to the Turkey Trot at 8 AM. How sad is this: I am depressed that I have been in transition for the past several weeks, so my running base is down, and I think it hurts my chances of doing well in the Turkey Trot. I'm sick, I need help!

Anyway, two signs you're a triathlete( & have OCD):

1. You have a goal for the Turkey Trot

2. You think race under 5 miles is a sprint.

I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. It's the last holiday that's about the people that matter, not the crap you buy for them.

I am not leaving the house tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a great day! I'm thankful I did not have to work today and could spend it with my wife and two dogs. One of our pups just got done with radiation therapy for cancer so we called off all travel and decided to have a quiet day of reflection at home. This year we got an overdose of the ever present tug-of-war our respective parents play with us to travel 200 miles every holiday(200 miles south or 200 miles North). If we go to one parentds house instead of another we get a guilt trip from the one left wondering if we still love them. Anyone have a solution to this dilemma? We try to switch off but it just always becomes an issue. In fact we are driving 400 miles on Christmas day just so nobody bitches about us not "being thee" for Christmas. I kind of liked telling them all to stuff it today.

We are thankful for finding the world of triathlon and only wish we had found it earlier ( we are 34 & 35 ). I never thought I'd be looking forward to getting up at 5:30 Am to be in the pool for 2000 yards on a monday morning! We have met the COOLEST folks in triathlon.

Anyone buck the turkey for something different? We started with a small bowl of Brazillian Seafood bique (my FAVORITE recipie in the world) followed by the opening of a bottle of Zinfidel with a mixed green salad. About that time I dropped 5.5 pounds of Dungeness Crab into the pot to boil in a special blend of Chardonnay and spices. As I type I'm waiting to have room for pumpkin pie (one Thanksgiving staple I can't do without) We only have 2/3 of a pie left because our 2 year old yellow lab decided to sample it while it was cooling in the kitchen!

Happy Day to everyone.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply